Memorial for my little commander

As part of the Distant Screws Expedition some of the commanders from the Loose Screws squad gathered at SAG A and memorialized Evelyn by launching some appropriate materials in honour of Evelyn. Orchids, Mugs, Prayer sticks, Gold, etc.
People brought their items from around the galaxy, and braved the extra danger of the journey with valuable cargo in their holds. The desination was a bit dicey with lots of NPC 'visitors', but we had lots of armament to fend them off.

Thank you my family in space exploration!

Pics at Loose Screws Discord in the #CMDR-Evelyn channel.

Last edited:
As part of the Distant Screws Expedition some of the commanders from the Loose Screws squad gathered at SAG A and memorialized Evelyn by launching some appropriate materials in honour of Evelyn. Orchids, Mugs, Prayer sticks, Gold, etc.
People brought their items from around the galaxy, and braved the extra danger of the journey with valuable cargo in their holds. The desination was a bit dicey with lots of NPC 'visitors', but we had lots of armament to fend them off.

Thank you my family in space exploration!

Pics at Loose Screws Discord in the #CMDR-Evelyn channel.

Well, I see that after the fact. I might have joined you with a buttload of stuff. Anyways; Good Job!!! It is not enough, to be sure, but the gesture is just as important...

;'{P~~~

Fellow Elite Dangerous CMDRs. I've produced a new Audiobook and Ebook dedicated to the memory of CMDR Jellowiggler's daughter in arrangement with him. Free for you to read and listen to, donations to the cause welcome. Details on the link below. Enjoy.

https://drewwagar.com/elite-dangerous-saga/evelyns-story/

Cheers,

Drew.

Just listened to Evelyn’s Story. Sobbing like a fool now. You are a beautiful human being, Drew.

@jellowiggler You could rename your CMDR (is that possible?), or start a new account, with a name in her memory and head out exploring. You can have her name on thousands of bodies all across the Galaxy! Would even give you something to do with your time while you heal. I hope to run into an ELW discovered by In_Memory_Of_Evelyn, or whatever name you choose.

o7

60mm, I think this is a great suggestion for Mike! I believe it's pretty easy to change your cmdr name (or start a new account).

Mike, I can only imagine your hurt and suffering at the cruelty of the world to take your daughter from you in this way. This is surely a time of tragedy and loss for so many people! I hope that you can find some comfort and peace in the loved ones around you. Let that be enough for the moment. It's a time to be carried.
Hold Strong in your weakness my friend.

{{Hugs}}

Edit.
I just read that Evelyn died from Neuroblastoma. When I worked at Midatech Pharma (I was laid off last week) I was working on a treatment for this condition. I worked at the front end of the Pharma business (formulation design) so I don't usually get to see the patients that ultimately benefit from what I do. But in a sad way, it was nice to see a picture of Evelyn and put a face to the people that suffer with this condition. She was a beautiful person. Thank you for sharing her life with us!

Last edited:
I support the renaming of a star visible from the Sol system to "Evelyn's Star"

If some person named Van Mannen can have one, why not a little girl?

400 billion stars Fdev, i think we can afford to give one away.

While taking part in the Distant Screws Expedition, in part to support CMDR Jellowiggler, I found a most interesting system.
A system with 2 K-class stars that includes:
  • 3 Earth like worlds
  • 2 water worlds (1 terraformable)
  • 6 terraformable high metal content worlds
  • 1 terraformable rocky body
I was able to submit this system to the Galactic Mapping Project and, as such, was able to submit a suggested name too.

Myriesly MS-K c8-3756 is now known as Evelyn's Distant Sanctuary.

I hope that this gesture can bring some small amount of comfort to Evelyn's family and friends. Thank you to all involved.

You should read or listen to Drew's story if you haven't already. It is an honor to be part of such and amazing community.

Jalaman

While taking part in the Distant Screws Expedition, in part to support CMDR Jellowiggler, I found a most interesting system.
A system with 2 K-class stars that includes:
  • 3 Earth like worlds
  • 2 water worlds (1 terraformable)
  • 6 terraformable high metal content worlds
  • 1 terraformable rocky body
I was able to submit this system to the Galactic Mapping Project and, as such, was able to submit a suggested name too.

Myriesly MS-K c8-3756 is now known as Evelyn's Distant Sanctuary.

I hope that this gesture can bring some small amount of comfort to Evelyn's family and friends. Thank you to all involved.

You should read or listen to Drew's story if you haven't already. It is an honor to be part of such and amazing community.

Jalaman

A fine gesture, thank you! May her name be remembered thus until the stars fall.

Just an update here on our continued lives remembering Evelyn.

On her 12 birthday on Aug 6 we held a Ev's Epic Birthday Bash. #evsepicbirthdaybash for video and posts from the day on insta

It was her wish to get on the wall of donors at the Alberta Child's Hospital so that she could help kids in similar situations. But she didn't just want to get on the video screen walls she wanted to get on the permanent name that are mounted on the wall. To do that you need at least 25K CAD to be donated.

We set out on that day to meet a goal to get her on the 50k board. Entertainers, DJs, food vendors, radio, social media, TV stations, drag queens, opera singers, mascots, princesses, musical artists, photobooths, prosecco carts, coffee houses, bakeries, and a rapper to MC the day all came out and made it a special day. We also had social distancing and health supplies donated so we could celebrate in safety. Family, friends and strangers came to donate online and offline.

Check this out! 68k so far!

Evelyn always did amazing things and continues to do so.
She is making amazing changes in people's lives even now.

Shine on my beautiful diamond!

Last edited:
Just an update here on our continued lives remembering Evelyn.

On her 12 birthday on Aug 6 we held a Ev's Epic Birthday Bash. #evsepicbirthdaybash for video and posts from the day on insta

It was her wish to get on the wall of donors at the Alberta Child's Hospital so that she could help kids in similar situations. But she didn't just want to get on the video screen walls she wanted to get on the permanent name that are mounted on the wall. To do that you need at least 25K CAD to be donated.

We set out on that day to meet a goal to get her on the 50k board. Entertainers, DJs, food vendors, radio, social media, TV stations, drag queens, opera singers, mascots, princesses, musical artists, photobooths, prosecco carts, coffee houses, bakeries, and a rapper to MC the day all came out and made it a special day. We also had social distancing and health supplies donated so we could celebrate in safety. Family, friends and strangers came to donate online and offline.

Check this out! 68k so far!

Evelyn always did amazing things and continues to do so.
She is making amazing changes in people's lives even now.

Shine on my beautiful diamond!

Very well done sir... o7

I've made a small contribution, hopefully we as a community can help you nudge this past another big milestone?

Hello Commanders!

It is with great respect and appreciation that I am able to reveal how Frontier has honoured Evelyn.

In the ED milky way there is now a neutron star with a gentle rotation named Evelyn's Light. It is in an area close to Colonia and matches the fantastic fiction that Drew authored.

In this system there are some treasures for explorers to find. You will be able to hear from her heart and read her words.

She is out there, always with us, her memory and love is present in the game as long as it is running!

Thank you to Stephen, management, and the devs who put this together.
I don't think there is another company out there who would care this much!

o7 and much love commanders!

Last edited:
Hello Commanders!

It is with great respect and appreciation that I am able to reveal how Frontier has honoured Evelyn.

In the ED milky way there is now a neutron star with a gentle rotation named Evelyn's Light. It is in an area close to Colonia and matches the fantastic fiction that Drew authored.

In this system there are some treasures for explorers to find. You will be able to hear from her heart and read her words.

She is out there, always with us, her memory and love is present in the game as long as it is running!

Wow, I am new to the game and did not know about any of this till this morning.

This is a wonderful community story and I'm touched by the way that Frontier have seen fit to honor it.

My condolences for your loss.

Hello Commanders!

Ahh, making adult man cry, very fine, very fine. Should visit there now when I'm at Colonia region.

Top Bottom