Michael's Journey Through the Stars

Our hearts are broken. Thank you Mat for letting us share a small piece of Michael's life. Condolences to you and all of Michael's family and friends.

o7 Commander Michael.B.H, till we meet again out in the black.

this is really sad and unexpected. i didn't get to meet him, but nice that he got the chance to soar the skies with you guys, that surely made him happy. all the best for his loving ones.

I only discovered this thread this evening. I read my way through page by page, uplifted by the spirit of a community and far more so by the spirit of family, love and hope in the face of the toughest of times.

By page five I left to go out with friends for the evening, to enjoy my life, to enjoy the small pleasures that are afforded to so many of us. After a wonderful night I’ve returned and continued reading this thread with the thoughts of what I could offer to someone who deserves a share of those small pleasures. Multi crew experiences of some of the joys and sights I’ve seen in game, taking my PC and VR headset up the road to Cambridge, whatever may add some joy and share the sense of community that this game can engender. Then I read the saddest news.

I’m so pleased that Michael found some solace, hopefully some real joy, from a game and it’s ability to be at times far more than that before he passed away. Now our thoughts are with his family and those that knew and loved him so much. I hope the sadness of his passing is as nothing to the love of his being.

To all of the Cmdrs who read this before I did and made their heartfelt and genuine offers, to those that were lucky enough to share some time with Micheal and to Paige, Sally and anyone at Frontier Developments who went out of their way to offer someone they’d never met an opportunity, I salute you and thank you.

A very sad time for Micheal’s family and I can only add another quiet voice to those that have added their thoughts, understanding and love during the grief that only a family can truly share. Yet amidst their personal grief some glimmer, some genuine hope for our species came from a small section of a far wider community. From that, despite understanding that loss as we all inevitably do, I see some level of wonder.

I hope you did too Michael.

My thoughts are with Michael’s family and friends, my gratitude is with those that went out of their way.

o7 to you all.

I just picked up the RIP reference on Coriolis.io then came to this thread, and worked my way back to see what happened, as I was under the impression he was benefiting from some Elite community spirit, I was really saddened to see that his journey has came to an end. I had hoped this would end differently, with the community keeping his spirits up while he recovered and had looked forward to contributing to that when I get back in the game in a couple of months (cannot fly just now as I've really damaged one of my eyes).

I'm really sorry to hear how this ended, and my thoughts go to his family, perhaps we could get a starport named after him or something like that?

Top Bottom