Game Discussions Microsoft Flight Simulator

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Here are a couple direct links to insider videos and a couple screenshots, for those who do not have an account.

Acrobatics in the rain
Stall
Approach to land
Baltimore dual cloud layer

Ascending-through-the-clouds.jpgGrandCaravanDesert.jpg

Just got myself signed up as an insider and for the tech program. Would be good to see what fps my relative potato would manage.

It may end up looking like Falcon 4.0 so I can hit 60fps.

Here are a couple direct links to insider videos and a couple screenshots, for those who do not have an account.

Acrobatics in the rain
Stall
Approach to land
Baltimore dual cloud layer

😲

Those are stunning. Especially the aerobatics in the rain one. I can't imagine how much work has gone into this!!

Does anyone have any minimum specs for the rig needed to run this? I watched a review video that said it did not require an RTX type card, eg a 2070 or better, which is astonishing.

Also, since it is modelling atmospherics so well, does it do halos and glories / Brocken Spectres (like my avatar! :) ) ?

The graphics and the world scenery realism are so incredibly awesome that this will be an insta-buy even if the flight mechanics turn out to be subpar like in FSX.

Looking forward to start my own air tourism virtual company, focused on world wonders and natural POIs.

The graphics and the world scenery realism are so incredibly awesome that this will be an insta-buy even if the flight mechanics turn out to be subpar like in FSX.

Looking forward to start my own air tourism virtual company, focused on world wonders and natural POIs.
I think it's a reasonable assumption that mechanically it's going to be very similar to FSX.
I'm fine with that as well.
I just hope there will be more choppers than in FSX.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Some clever fellow identified a potential problem with MFS, in that they are using Bing map images for their ground textures (awesome) but this introduces photographed shadows that don't like up with the proper time of day, often resulting in two shadows - one from the actual photo, and the other being the simulated shadows.

Perhaps they can use AI to remove shadows from those original photos.

No silly goose, you just turn shadows off in your graphics options!

😲

Those are stunning. Especially the aerobatics in the rain one. I can't imagine how much work has gone into this!!

Does anyone have any minimum specs for the rig needed to run this? I watched a review video that said it did not require an RTX type card, eg a 2070 or better, which is astonishing.

Also, since it is modelling atmospherics so well, does it do halos and glories / Brocken Spectres (like my avatar! :) ) ?

I can imagine the lighting itself is relatively simple with one major light source (Sun, Moon) around, I guess cloud-settings/volumetrics will make probably most of the difference.
I hope my 7700k/1080ti @ 1440p/75hz will be enough to max it out. :)

Check your firewalls and other guard dogs. When I was filling in the survey, I had to turn my VPN off for it to work at all.
Yeah, after giving it some thought, I think I'll pass on trying to get in on the alpha testing. I can wait.

Speaking of, will we need an official Microsoft account to buy this game when it finally comes out? I suspect so. I have one, but I've yet to enable it on this new laptop. I don't picture MFS being made available on platforms like Steam, but rather it'll be a Microsoft Store exclusive... Thoughts?

Yeah, after giving it some thought, I think I'll pass on trying to get in on the alpha testing. I can wait.

Speaking of, will we need an official Microsoft account to buy this game when it finally comes out? I suspect so. I have one, but I've yet to enable it on this new laptop. I don't picture MFS being made available on platforms like Steam, but rather it'll be a Microsoft Store exclusive... Thoughts?
Considering that the survey itself forces you to create an XBox profile, I very much suspect so as well.
Plus there is this whole connection with Bing and MS Azure.
So I think it will be similar to buying an Ubisoft game on Steam - You run it through Steam but it also launches a proprietary "secondary launcher" or something similar.

Considering that the survey itself forces you to create an XBox profile, I very much suspect so as well.
Plus there is this whole connection with Bing and MS Azure.
So I think it will be similar to buying an Ubisoft game on Steam - You run it through Steam but it also launches a proprietary "secondary launcher" or something similar.
Microsoft have recently brought the whole Xbox/Windows PC accounts under one Microsoft account...so your Microsoft login covers Xbox live as well as PC services as well as PC and Xbox gamepass ultimate. It's long past time they did this IMHO...since I've had separate accounts for Xbox live services and Microsoft PC services for years. I certainly prefer it all under one roof...so to speak.

For folks who don't own an Xbox it may seem sinister creating what appears to be an Xbox account...it's not really, it's just creating a Microsoft account in which Xbox services are now an integral part of it.

Top Bottom