Notice Mission Board Softlock

That would be a shame. Having one less alternative to mining as a credit font. Passengers were not really even equal to mining for profit afaik.
I'd say Robigo's slightly better than deep core, not as good as multiple hotspots. Of course, I may just suck at deep-core mining.

Is it great? No - I lol'ed at them as well. But they care enough to bodge it for the weekend, that does nothing for them and is purely for us. They need to improve - I kinda expect releases to break something (just look at the posts predicting it on patch day), but normally they then progressively fix things and it's going wrong this time. Hopefully it wakes them up, no-one likes to look at their own forums and see this kind of mess.

that's why I say, you need to return the version before the September update, so that those who want to spend the weekend comfortably enjoying their favorite game. and send the September update to the public beta test, on a separate server, so that those who want to help make this update better can do this without disturbing the rest. since fd will not be able to find and fix all bugs on its own. and then, in fact, we all have now become involuntary beta testers, whether we want it or not.

that's why I say, you need to return the version before the September update, so that those who want to spend the weekend comfortably enjoying their favorite game. and send the September update to the public beta test, on a separate server, so that those who want to help make this update better can do this without disturbing the rest. since fd will not be able to find and fix all bugs on its own. and then, in fact, we all have now become involuntary beta testers, whether we want it or not.
Where's your proof that people want that - and that fdev can do that. They've rolled back once I believe. After one day. One day. Think of all the BGS / PP people who would suddenly not have their stuff, the Fertiliser merchants who would need adjusting ... again. And then think - do you believe fdev could do that? What they've never done before ... with zero issues? And all on a Friday, just before they go home for 2 days.

I think actually you have more faith in fdev that I do, if you seriously think that's a good idea.

Edit: Plus ofc people would lose all the ARX they earned, and any they paid for. So fdev now have to refund real money so you can play this weekend. The downsides will keep on surfacing, but I think I'll stop here. Most firms avoid rollbacks for a reason ....

Oh. Wow. I am speechless.
The code must be such a HUUUGE mess by now.
I am not looking forward to the December update or for the 2020 one for that matter.

Although thanks for not giving up entirely...... yet.

PS: Any info about the missing discovery/mapped tags on stellar bodies?
I saw absolutely no communication from FDev on this matter even though it’s clearly a problem.

Last edited:
It's quite unfortunate that the "fix" is such a shoddy solution. Something obviously causes this problem, if you know the workaround then you must know the cause as well. Why couldn't you fix it properly? I can't imagine what a ruin of code this game must be if you have to use such workarounds. Quite incredible to be honest.

Where's your proof that people want that - and that fdev can do that. They've rolled back once I believe. After one day. One day. Think of all the BGS / PP people who would suddenly not have their stuff, the Fertiliser merchants who would need adjusting ... again. And then think - do you believe fdev could do that? What they've never done before ... with zero issues? And all on a Friday, just before they go home for 2 days.

I think actually you have more faith in fdev that I do, if you seriously think that's a good idea.

Edit: Plus ofc people would lose all the ARX they earned, and any they paid for. So fdev now have to refund real money so you can play this weekend. The downsides will keep on surfacing, but I think I'll stop here. Most firms avoid rollbacks for a reason ....
Yes, I still believe in fd. although lately they seem to be doing everything to ensure that this faith collapses.
well ... uh, yes, maybe I was wrong and rollback is not a good idea, I admit it. however, most companies that respect themselves and, more importantly, their community, even release the most minor patches before the release to the public beta test. at least blizzard and cryptic do it.
and you know, you can say anything about the greed of Bobby Kotick, but in the same WoW updates come out with much fewer critical bugs. more precisely, they are practically not there.
Yes, and FD before beyond ch4 also did public tests. what is stopping them now?

Yes, I still believe in fd. although lately they seem to be doing everything to ensure that this faith collapses.
well ... uh, yes, maybe I was wrong and rollback is not a good idea, I admit it. however, most companies that respect themselves and, more importantly, their community, even release the most minor patches before the release to the public beta test. at least blizzard and cryptic do it.
and you know, you can say anything about the greed of Bobby Kotick, but in the same WoW updates come out with much fewer critical bugs. more precisely, they are practically not there.
Yes, and FD before beyond ch4 also did public tests. what is stopping them now?

Cos it's being done on the cheap, I can only assume.

Cos it's being done on the cheap, I can only assume.
well, now it’s kind of like hiring a person for the position “release manager or engineer (I don’t remember exactly)” I hope at least he will “tell” them how to prepare for releases.

Thank you, it's working as intended. Allowed me to hand in my pirate massacre mission, and to complete several more.

Please DO NOT rush other patches. I'm sure lots of other players would agree that having to wait a little longer, and get a patch that does not introduce new bugs, is far preferable to what we had before this one... ;)

It's quite unfortunate that the "fix" is such a shoddy solution. Something obviously causes this problem, if you know the workaround then you must know the cause as well. Why couldn't you fix it properly? I can't imagine what a ruin of code this game must be if you have to use such workarounds. Quite incredible to be honest.

My guess is that rolling out patches and hotfixes costs time and money with processes they are not afforded to rush, especially now that console players are involved.
Long gone are the days where they can quickly send out a client hotfix patch 24 hours later to fix things quickly..

But I still agree that the fact that it wasn't broken before in September Update 1 but IS in September Update 2, is ridiculous that they need to use words like "while we search for a permanent fix" when it should be clearly documented what changes were made, as well as of course another display of the seemingly low level of internal testing before rolling out game breaking updates to their customers and the ill-will that will cause.

They truly must have a shoestring budget..

Last edited:
Maybe pay attention to my reply to OP and not stop reading the instant you feel triggered? Maybe also take into account that none of this was advertised in the launcher or in-game which would actually have been a decent way to communicate this f***-up?

Maybe pay attention to the in game message about the fix yesterday, that was a BIG clue lol

My guess is that a permanent fix probably requires a client patch, and the chances of them deploying another one of those late on a Friday so we can see what it breaks over the weekend is zero.

Top Bottom