More animal colouration mutations PLEASE!?

First of all thank you to frontier for acknowledging the player-base and implementing albinism, but now many people are getting these variants which is good as everyone should but it takes away from the rarity and lowers the price from 10k to less then normal animals I believe if melanism or other coloration mutations were added it would make people much more invested in breeding and getting the coolest animals like imagine having a fully white stripeless tiger as seen on the internet or a completely melanistic lion at the centre of our zoos it would be amazing.

It would heighten my joy and enjoyment within the game and is just a reskin with no new models needed like just picture a fully black melanistic tiger or a “blue” tiger as seen in zoo tycoon. There is also possibilities with the cheetah such as the blue chinchilla cheetah, melanistic, albino, king cheetah. Basically what I am saying is this would be an amazing route to go down as new animals are going to be sick but these new variations will give us a sense of rarity and purpose in breeding I love how you already done some but expanding on it would be great maybe even making a mutations free dlc or update.

Please like and put suggestions below if you agree, let’s get this to frontiers attention and if you see this Bo please respond and tell me if this is happening

A lot of ideas:
Black/blue/white stripeless tigers, black lions, and cheetah variations although I would love variations like this to every animal in planet zoo

Attachments

• 65EE5B80-5BC2-401A-8589-1FAECE210E34.jpeg
    65EE5B80-5BC2-401A-8589-1FAECE210E34.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 6,258
  • ADD7F778-D0DF-4112-8872-C52A53B58156.jpeg
    ADD7F778-D0DF-4112-8872-C52A53B58156.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 723
  • 6C3B3CF3-0A92-4E03-8DA5-5552BA5744E8.jpeg
    6C3B3CF3-0A92-4E03-8DA5-5552BA5744E8.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 606
  • 2E6D1FDE-DFF5-42E6-8836-70F0FAC7ADE4.jpeg
    2E6D1FDE-DFF5-42E6-8836-70F0FAC7ADE4.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 2,010
  • 95547081-3C4E-444C-978C-B65FE154EDBA.jpeg
    95547081-3C4E-444C-978C-B65FE154EDBA.jpeg
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,217
  • 67571ADB-3F7A-433A-85C3-439D2C9454F5.jpeg
    67571ADB-3F7A-433A-85C3-439D2C9454F5.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 1,657
  • ECF91755-2C40-42E7-9691-496CADE3910A.jpeg
    ECF91755-2C40-42E7-9691-496CADE3910A.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,019
  • FEC4E471-6368-4A74-99F2-FD6D42023989.jpeg
    FEC4E471-6368-4A74-99F2-FD6D42023989.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 589
Maltese,blue,wolly,melanistic and albino cheetahs don't exist - they are fictional.Same thing goes for melanistic lions and melanistic,maltese and blue tigers.
Actually any animal can be melanistic it can just be very rare in some such as lions as all animals have melanin and other pigments. Also all other mutations other then albinism and melanism the other mutations have been either photographed or described by zoologists such as the Maltese tiger which was described in 1910 by Harry Caldwell and many others have described it after him, there is no proof but there has been many sightings of said mutations this stands for all of them listed btw. And even though unproven the Maltese variation of Bengal tiger was included in the developers 2015-2017 game titled zoo tycoon along with the melanistic lion. And albino jaguar, melanistic tiger etc. So please do not scrutinise my post without either evidence or information I don’t know because everything you said was either wrong or not in context. The developers have included most of these before in other zoo games so what stops them from doing the same in their latest zoo game, also all of these either exist or have been described by zoologists. Stripeless tigers are real so are the others listed although they don’t have evidence. I will also use this opportunity to say I would also like once the jaguar is introduced a albino and melanistic variant of them. You were misinformed by whoever told you your information.

Last edited:
Maltese,blue,wolly,melanistic and albino cheetahs don't exist - they are fictional.Same thing goes for melanistic lions and melanistic,maltese and blue tigers.
I’m sorry if it sounds like I am attacking you but I am not I’m attacking the argument at hand which I am right in btw.

The black lion pic is actually part of an hoax, there are actually more photoshopped pics from the same deviantART-user....
I remember those pics on facebook, with posts like 'please like for this rare lion, there are only a few left'..

There's never been an actual sighting, so this would fall under the mythical section. And everytime such animals are suggested, most people don't like to see this.

Actually any animal can be melanistic it can just be very rare in some such as lions as all animals have melanin and other pigments. Also all other mutations other then albinism and melanism the other mutations have been either photographed or described by zoologists such as the Maltese tiger which was described in 1910 by Harry Caldwell and many others have described it after him, there is no proof but there has been many sightings of said mutations this stands for all of them listed btw. And even though unproven the Maltese variation of Bengal tiger was included in the developers 2015-2017 game titled zoo tycoon along with the melanistic lion. And albino jaguar, melanistic tiger etc. So please do not scrutinise my post without either evidence or information I don’t know because everything you said was either wrong or not in context. The developers have included most of these before in other zoo games so what stops them from doing the same in their latest zoo game, also all of these either exist or have been described by zoologists. Stripeless tigers are real so are the others listed although they don’t have evidence. I will also use this opportunity to say I would also like once the jaguar is introduced a albino and melanistic variant of them. You were misinformed by whoever told you your information.

Sorry to disappoint you,but you are not right.I'm an ethologist and zoologist - the topic of my bachelor's thesis was colour mutations and the topic of my master's thesis was the connection between wild felines,wild canines and domestic cats and dogs.It included a lot of research regarding all species,breeds,behavior,anatomy,colour mutations/variations/palettes,historical references etc.
First of all,I won't mention the whole stuff with dominant and recessive alleles,heritage and pigments,but rather keep it simple.Caldwell was not a zoologist.He was indeed an absolute amateur.Newest theories say,that the tiger he saw might have been pseudo melanistic (bigger stripes,which merge together) and appeared "maltese",because of the sunlight/shades.Other than that,there are literally no reliable sources.If the maltese tiger variant existed/or exists,then it still wouldn't have blue fur.The fur would be slate gray,much like the fur of a russian blue cat.Because of all this,the maltese tiger is considered a myth.
There are literally no sightings of albinos,because wild felines are not albino - they are leucistic,which is a totally different mutation.
The melanistic lion is another myth,bcause there is no reliable source.Male lions are known to have black manes,when their testosterone level is extremely high,but that's it.Don't forget,that the colouration of wild animals is different from the domesticated ones,because humans controlled the breeding through different (excessive) breeding strategies,inbreeding etc. to get all of the colours our domestic cat breeds can have for example.
Now regarding the pictures you posted:
Your first picture is just an artist's interpretation.
The maltese,chinchilla,melanistic and albino cheetahs are just myths.The wooly cheetah is actually just the asiatic cheetah.(They didnt know that back in 1600-1800)
Your second picture is real,your third picture is real,but got some photoshop finetuning.Your forth picture is photoshopped,just like number 5,7 and 8.Picture 6 is from a game.
Melanistic/maltese/gray tigers,lions and cheetahs are just myths for now - and this game is trying to be educational and wants to focus on reliable sources,not on myths.It's different from other zoo games,which focused mostly more on fun etc.
Next time be a bit calmer and get off your high horse and don't call people misinformed,because there are people out there,who know things better than you - which isn't a bad thing.I hope I could clear some things up. :)

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint you,but you are not right.I'm an ethologist and zoologist - the topic of my bachelor's thesis was colour mutations and the topic of my master's thesis was the connection between wild felines,wild canines and domestic cats and dogs.It included a lot of research regarding all species,breeds,behavior,anatomy,colour mutations/variations/palettes,historical references etc.
First of all,I won't mention the whole stuff with dominant and recessive alleles,heritage and pigments,but rather keep it simple.Caldwell was not a zoologist.He was indeed an absolute amateur.Newest theories say,that the tiger he saw might have been pseudo melanistic (bigger stripes,which merge together) and appeared "maltese",because of the sunlight/shades.Other than that,there are literally no reliable sources.If the maltese tiger variant existed/or exists,then it still wouldn't have blue fur.The fur would be slate gray,much like the fur of a russian blue cat.Because of all this,the maltese tiger is considered a myth.
There are literally no sightings of albinos,because wild felines are not albino - they are leucistic,which is a totally different mutation.
The melanistic lion is another myth,bcause there is no reliable source.Male lions are known to have black manes,when their testosterone level is extremely high,but that's it.Don't forget,that the colouration of wild animals is different from the domesticated ones,because humans controlled the breeding through different (excessive) breeding strategies,inbreeding etc. to get all of the colours our domestic cat breeds can have for example.
Now regarding the pictures you posted:
Your first picture is just an artist's interpretation.
The maltese,chinchilla,melanistic and albino cheetahs are just myths.The wooly cheetah is actually just the asiatic cheetah.(They didnt know that back in 1600-1800)
Your second picture is real,your third picture is real,but got some photoshop finetuning.Your forth picture is photoshopped,just like number 5,7 and 8.Picture 6 is from a game.
Melanistic/maltese/gray tigers,lions and cheetahs are just myths for now - and this game is trying to be educational and wants to focus on reliable sources,not on myths.It's different from other zoo games,which focused mostly more on fun etc.
Next time be a bit calmer and get off your high horse and don't call people misinformed,because there are people out there,who know things better than you - which isn't a bad thing.I hope I could clear some things up. :)
I'm happy that you're writing this to teach other People more about Mutations. Even if there is no known Case of a completely melanistic Lion, a partially melanistic Lion was once born in Glasgow Zoo but it was sterile. http://glasgowzoo.co.uk/articles/carnivores/zoolions.php

I would really like a pseudo-melanistic Tiger and if someone wants a white stripe less Tiger, I think they should try it with Siberian Tigers. The Mutation of the Siberian Tiger seem to be white and stripe less but I'm not sure because I saw only the Icon.

Can Siberian Tigers even be leucistic? The Zoopedia says there were white Siberian Tigers born but as far as I know only Bengal Tigers and the Offspring of Bengal Tigers and Siberian Tigers can be leucistic. But this wouldn't really count because it would be no pure Siberian Tiger

While I also seriously want to see a large variety of coat mutations available in the game please avoid spreading misinformation and blatant photoshops as examples.
I literally said I know some pics are fake there just examples of what I want to see like a melanistic lion has never been seen or photographed so I had to use the best looking image photoshop wise and that was it, they are possible but rare enough that no one has seen one so yeah the reason for fake images is that that mutation is either something that has been spotted and researched into or something that we know is possible genetics wise but has never been seen.

Different ideas:
The black lion pic is actually part of an hoax, there are actually more photoshopped pics from the same deviantART-user....
I remember those pics on facebook, with posts like 'please like for this rare lion, there are only a few left'..

There's never been an actual sighting, so this would fall under the mythical section. And everytime such animals are suggested, most people don't like to see this.
you do understand a lion has the melanin pigment so it can definitely be melanistic/black it is just very very rare.

Different ideas:

you do understand a lion has the melanin pigment so it can definitely be melanistic/black it is just very very rare.
Pretty sure I'm not the person who needs explaining..
Never an actual sighting is indeed very very rare... :p

Also pink elephants are a thing, depends on the amount of alcohol you drink...

I’m liking the fact that planZoo is more or less realistic (apart from a couple little mistakes or bugs). So id rather keep it like that personally. Maybe in a couple years when they’ve exhausted all animals and add a mythological creatures DLC while grasping at straws they can add less realistic skin tones for existing animals too.
If it’s Very very very rare that no one has ever seen or photographed, then it’s probs best keeping it that way and not adding it to the game just yet.

Uhh, it would have be great to have at least a few different noticable regular animal coats (color shade/pattern differnece), maybe one or two rare (recessive) colors + one/two mutations... but just more variety in regular coats would be great...

- Also what about this one? It doesn't look photoshoped... Or is it white tiger cub with pseudomelanism?

Also I don't get why they decided to make white tiger an "albino" insted of snow white/stripless one since it exists... I mean neither of them are an albino, but this at least looks more similar to albino

Top Bottom