My message to Frontier

How dare you consider the words of the actual devs before some random internet gamerbro who can only cite the source of "Dude, trust me" in his arguments?
Hey, I'm just guessing based on Frontier's previous actions. Like I say, I'm very happy to be proven wrong. I'm also not sure how any of what I said contradicted the words of the developers.

ahem I mean, dude, trust me.

inb4 the DOOM-posters wake up

I don't really have anything else to add to what you've said, except that I wouldn't expect any significant performance improvements for Odyssey. The whole thing seems broken at a fundamental level, and fixing that would require Frontier to invest a lot of time and resources into a product that they've already chucked out the door - and their track record shows they don't usually do that. Also yeah, you're never getting VR back, sorry.

But who knows. We'll see what Update 7 brings.
This was a doom-post, right? Haha, even forum guardians who say things like "inb4 the doom-posters" can't help throwing shade in their posts.

VR is slated only for bug-fixing (probably) in Odyssey.
That's ok - they can fix the bug where that grey border appears and the one where it's only in 2D - job done :D - and if anyone says different I'm going to stick my fingers in my ears and go "La la la - I'm not listening".

On a serious note of VR - I do suspect that there would be a significant advantage for VR players for on foot combat as you would be more spatially aware and be able to look around you much easier in VR. You also might fall over easier as you jump from rooftop to rooftop :cautious:

What kind of mindset does it take to feel insulted because a company had a rough product launch?

OP I'm curious. Do you feel Fdev was attacking you? I find the idea almost incoherent. Why is your ego involved at all?

Do you think $500 is a stock buy in? I'll tell you it takes a lot more money to be seen as a major player.

Just for reference I'm comfortable telling the representatives of several companies we do business with when they have failed my standards. However the buy in for that is millions of dollars a year and I'm still more polite about it. I would never tell them they hurt my feelings or I feel insulted.

I would bet money that FDEV will never see the original post of this thread. People have been begging a long time for bug fixes, performance issue fixes, ship interiors, less grind, space legs (all we get is a CZ and MORE grind? c'mon), to give you just a short list and there are lots more to add to this short list. And FDEV have largely ignored the requests from the community. Oh they pay lip service to be sure but largely ignored. Oh I am sure some can come up with things that benefited here and there but again I say largely ignored. When ever something is said that hurts their feelings they ban the person and say it was a violation of policy or some such . I joined some time ago now and have enjoyed the game. At first as a newb I did not notice the issues because I did not know what or how things were supposed to work. Now that Ive become more aware I noticed more and more how things are nerfed, intentionally scarce, etc and how they say 'we hear you and we're working on it' but all that occurs is one problem is diminished (not fixed) and another crops up. It's sad really. I played EVE Online for several years until it became too obvious to ignore the problems. For several years I looked for something to replace EVE and when I found ED I was thrilled. Even considered getting VR setup just for this game (glad I didn't now). But now that I've been playing ED for less than a year, I am getting more and more disappointed. The obvious lack of community concerns and desires from FDEV is heartbreaking. No business lasts long when they ignore the concerns of it's customers.. and lets face it, we are all customers, nothing more. FDEV can pay lip service only for so long before the customers see through the ruse and go elsewhere. And we are seeing that, just look at the charts of players, content developers are abandoning ship, bug fixes aren't fixes just redirected to a new issue or problem. It breaks my heart really. If things do not improve and SOON I too will be moving on. I would not be a bit surprised if I got banned for this either.

Don't worry - lack of paragraph breaks seldom attracts a permanent ban.
Honestly unsure if you're trying to get a laugh or throw a jab. If your attempt was humor, fail. If it was a jab I reply thus... Argh! I lay mortally wounded by your rapier like wit.

Top Bottom