Nav Panel and System Map Changes regarding Fleet Carriers

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
This post proposes 3 changes — each with a "current" and "modified" version.

Navigation Panel​

This is what the nav panel currently look like. All carriers (except your own) have the same colour.
View attachment 334406

Graying out non-landables would make it easier to select which carriers to land on as you can skip over the ones that do not have any use for you. Another improvement that could be made is to add a new filter for non-landable carriers.
View attachment 334407

Navigation Panel (Detail Page)​

When you select a carrier, this is the page you will see. At the top, there is a text telling you this is indeed a fleet carrier. It also tells you to go to the sys map to check what services it has.
View attachment 334408

This space could be used more effectively. All available services could be visualized here. The game already has icons for all services - so why not use them?
View attachment 334409

System Map​

If you for example take a look at the System Map for Deciat, this will be the horror you are greeted with. The system map is littered with carriers.
View attachment 334410

Instead these carriers could be grouped up to save space and prevent system maps being stretched out by carriers. One could even take a step further and divide the group into carriers one can land on and carriers that are locked off.

View attachment 334412

Same as above, without annotations.
View attachment 334411
Please can we have this fdev?

Also, I am going to close any thread in these suggestions forum that is not constructed like the OP! (Jk)

Great work.

This! Is a beautiful idea. Detailed and really a great improvement of the current system without any deep changes …
Please make it happens

Hats Off * * *

This is great in every aspect....

Apart from these suggestions I would ask FDev to add a filter on system map giving us the ability to choose when and if we want to see FC's....

• Like (+1)
Reactions: Ast
This post proposes 3 changes — each with a "current" and "modified" version.

Navigation Panel​

This is what the nav panel currently look like. All carriers (except your own) have the same colour.
View attachment 334406

Graying out non-landables would make it easier to select which carriers to land on as you can skip over the ones that do not have any use for you. Another improvement that could be made is to add a new filter for non-landable carriers.
View attachment 334407

Navigation Panel (Detail Page)​

When you select a carrier, this is the page you will see. At the top, there is a text telling you this is indeed a fleet carrier. It also tells you to go to the sys map to check what services it has.
View attachment 334408

This space could be used more effectively. All available services could be visualized here. The game already has icons for all services - so why not use them?
View attachment 334409

System Map​

If you for example take a look at the System Map for Deciat, this will be the horror you are greeted with. The system map is littered with carriers.
View attachment 334410

Instead these carriers could be grouped up to save space and prevent system maps being stretched out by carriers. One could even take a step further and divide the group into carriers one can land on and carriers that are locked off.

View attachment 334412

Same as above, without annotations.
View attachment 334411
Yes! Please!

Fully support this idea. When I open the system map it takes a while to load it in a busy system (a few minutes) with many carriers to display. I would rather have a filter to filter off all carriers but mine and bookmarked ones. One more step to make strange FCs more useful is to show what they are selling/buying when you hover the mouse over them, so you do not need to land on each one to find what you are looking for. In fact, the STRANGE FCs are rather useless in the current game model except CGs. I was looking for "opinion polls", used 3rd party tools to find (no in-game option, btw), then I was landing on many. I could buy only 3 OPs in three days of the active search (literally refreshing the search page every 5 minutes and jumping right away). I had a very bad feeling about this. Because you go and jump to many carriers to see services suspended - it is like a deserted game. I would increase the module price (10 fold?) but decrease the upkeep cost (10 fold?) so it will look more alive - I will discuss it in another thread.

can we have our own FC listed right at the top in the navigation panel and be displayed always no matter what filter options are? It is very needed to activate the supercruise assist. It is hard when you go to a busy system, switch on carriers in the filter and then locate your FC in the long dynamic list sometimes very close to the bottom to activate the assist.

Excellent way to propose a suggestion and a nicely done proposition.
The look of it really fits ED and would be an epic improvement.
Someone get this person on the team!

• NOTABLE CHANGE:
    • Representations of multiple fleet carriers can now be stacked on system map.

Yes/No/Maybe?

Knowing fdev, probably not.

Yes/No/Maybe?

Knowing fdev, probably not.
You forgot to add this:
* Maps: Added fleet carriers as a POI category, so you can see at a glance what services a fleet carrier has active.
(it is so much better to not have them in the nav list and only in the system, especially with them now being truncated)

Top Bottom