New App being developed - Interactive maps for *every* Odyssey settlement type

Yeah, thanks. I think the tooltips work well, though you’ll need to look at text size if you release it for mobile (cell) phone. Currently just doesn’t open on Apple iOS.

Thanks for this app Quiz, it's awesome. I have a question: is there anywhere that lists which particular settlements use any given map? For instance, I'm looking for a settlement that uses the Military 4 layout, but I don't know of any way to find one other than picking a random system and flying to each military settlement to see if it's a matching layout.

Thanks for this app Quiz, it's awesome. I have a question: is there anywhere that lists which particular settlements use any given map? For instance, I'm looking for a settlement that uses the Military 4 layout, but I don't know of any way to find one other than picking a random system and flying to each military settlement to see if it's a matching layout.
Hi There,
Military Layout #4 in OMG is unique in the way that it is the only Military settlement type out of the 5 with a Small Pad.
So if you go on Inara and check the list of Military Settlements in a system, notice the Pad Column and look for the S and you'll find one. Hope it's help. But know that this layout is quite rare.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: VRK
I have a sparsely populated spreadsheet that lists some layouts, but unfortunately I don't have any of that type logged. I can tell you though where the one used in the app itself is - it is CD-34 9020 Hitchens Expedition

Apologies if this has been asked already. Would it be possible, in theory at least, to put markers for data ports?

Just a suggestion - someone might have already said it - have you tried screen-shotting the sites at night with night vision on so as to eliminate shadows/colours etc.?

Might actually be worse, or it might bring out features.

Apologies if this has been asked already. Would it be possible, in theory at least, to put markers for data ports?
Earlier versions of the app did include the location of data ports, as I believed that their locations was fixed. Turns out that their location is variable, so I (reluctantly) removed that feature. Sorry :)

Earlier versions of the app did include the location of data ports, as I believed that their locations was fixed. Turns out that their location is variable, so I (reluctantly) removed that feature. Sorry :)
Indeed. Though in my experience they do have a set of places they will appear. But it might get a bit messy adding the possible locations for each dataport :unsure:

Great job on this btw! Very handy. Now all FD need to do is implement this in to the Codex :geek:

MDH

I have a sparsely populated spreadsheet that lists some layouts, but unfortunately I don't have any of that type logged. I can tell you though where the one used in the app itself is - it is CD-34 9020 Hitchens Expedition
It's too bad that the "ApproachSettlement" event in the logs doesn't include a LayoutTypeID or some such value. We could start programmatically building a compendium with that data.

Top Bottom