New Client broken - no Horizons?

try to start "\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\EliteDangerous64.exe"

and after the program closed, try "\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\EDLaunch.exe" .. it worked for me.

The Link in STEAM is still broken ...

I can launch ED via the drop down menu from the Steam launcher but my ED launcher shortcut on the taskbar zaps a message box up telling me the launcher needs updating with only an option to close the launcher.

My Steam had a very small ED update earlier today when I fired up the launcher, there's also no more updates on the list.
Same problem, can't run it at all. I think this may be FD so I'm holding off uninstalling for a while, just in case it's their end.

Same problem, can't run it at all. I think this may be FD so I'm holding off uninstalling for a while, just in case it's their end.
Use the games list on Steam and scroll down to 'Launch ED Horizons' in the drop down menu...works fine. It's not a Steam issue given the amount of posts from LEP non Steam users...

• Like (+1)
Reactions: S~P

Deleted member 110222

D
I can launch ED Horizons via the drop down menu from the Steam launcher but my ED launcher shortcut on the taskbar zaps a message box up telling me the launcher needs updating with only an option to close the launcher.

My Steam client had a very small ED update earlier today when I fired up the launcher, ED was working fine until that small update.
Not just me then. Thanks.

try to start "\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\EliteDangerous64.exe"

and after the program closed, try "\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\EDLaunch.exe" .. it worked for me.

The Link in STEAM is still broken ...
Nice one, actually works!!

Use the games list on Steam and scroll down to 'Launch ED Horizons' in the drop down menu...works fine. It's not a Steam issue given the amount of posts from LEP non Steam users...
Thanks Mole, only just noticed that in my library, usually just select the top one.

Yep my game says this and im a LEP holder too
cKCe.png

I had the same problem. I just now re-installed the new launcher software "EliteDangerous-Client-Installer.exe" (from my downloads folder) a second time. Didn't bother to remove the previous one, just overwrote it. I noticed that this time my old desktop shortcut of the launcher was removed and replaced by a new one, which hadn't happened the first time. Clicking on the Icon, I instantly got the "blue" launcher. Hurray!

Mine is now working too :)

I played a short session in the base game, it was interesting to see what I was allowed to do & what wasn't. I couldn't access the crew lounge (I don't have any crew) but I could access the passenger missions. My modules retained their engineering, and remote engineering wasn't greyed out.

Steam version still says the launcher needs an update. I've just created a shortcut of EDLaunch.exe on the taskbar as a workaround in the meantime.

Top Bottom