New Elite Game Extras Web Store

This is to confuse you. You never know what you're actually paying and they can change the numbers slightly so you don't notice a price increase. If prices were nice round numbers, a change would be noticeable. Going from 4384 to 4834 gives FDev a nice little bump in revenue and you have no idea what you actually just spent.
lol you’re probably right!

Deleted member 182079

D
No, Arx are provided for combat just for taking part. Maybe you get more for cashing in the bounties, I don't know, but you get even more for scooping up materials from ships shot down. Neither of these involve earning credits, yet they yield reasonable Arx (ok a few lol).

Then there's the shuffling of materials at material traders, which seems to generate decent Arx, even though it's not a credit transaction.
My theory so far is that Arx are earned through the underlying actions/activities when they are resolved, and are not based on credits at all - probably to avoid Arx windfalls in case of (unexpected?) gold rushes/exploits and also seeing how much mining yields.

I also noticed that the game seems to recognise when I try to actively grind things, it will stop rewarding me the same number of Arx's - eg. buying and selling expensive Armour for my ship, same for repeatedly trading mats.

Fwiw, I already maxed out this week but much of it came from working the CG CZ and outfitting and engineering a new ship.

Deleted member 182079

D
While in fact the most expensive paintjobs tend to be the ones that I like the least.

Funnily enough, this applies to me also. The pricier, the more "ewwww" I tend to find a paintjob.

I'm very curious though how much the metallic (Chrome, Golden, Iridescent) specials will cost. Presumably top tier (3280 or some such). I think that's when I'll buy an Arx pack, but I will have to be very selective in what I'll be going for. I think the "just add one more paint to the shopping basket" approach I took last year for Midnight Black paints (resulting in a larger bill than I originally planned for...) ain't going to happen again.

Are they selling watering cans yet? my plants are thirsty and its breaking my imursion

WvN4hWk.png

i'd settle for small seismic charges too?

In regards to things being in the store and/or on sale, has there been any word on new things for 'Holo me'?
Perhaps something not appearing the same as other outfits?

Edit: Perhaps also something else for inside the cockpit. Colour changes or a light switch to turn the lights off in the cockpit (not HUD)

Last edited:

sollisb

Banned
For a start. It makes buying anything a two step process. Buy ARX and then buy product.

I will lay good odds that nothing priced in the store, is the same amount, as the 'packs' of ARX we can buy. Therefore, it induces the buyer to buy more and always have. Just a few, to use, next time.

My total ARX in game is 18. That is three gaming sessions for me, played over two to three weeks.

I don't just get why. Why is it the only way to buy stuff? Why have they made it harder to buy stuff? Things like paypal works right across the planet. It was not broken, the methord has worked for years. Add the option, fair enough, but making it the only option, is just silly. If it is simply to be 'trendy' or fit in line with console play, it will cost them a lot of money.

Why? Simple.. It's your cash in their bank. You get to keep the funny money.

You'll also note they have no terms & conditions...

So the earning potential within the game, is capped at 400ARX.

So what can you buy for 400ARX, or under?

Decals, sun glasses and that is about it.

So basically, it is another, poorly designed money sink, for the players.

Meh.

What I want is those lave radio paint jobs. Those guys make a great podcast but if you’ve spent money on the game having the best choices only for frontiers special friends is very sad. They could do a virtual ticket or something :(

The lave paint set as a preorder bonus for space legs would make people forget 3 years of misery in a flash. Just saying.
I think "special friends" is a bit harsh - the Lavecon skins are given away to people who attend the annual Lavecon convention, tickets for which are publicly available - and although, yeah, it's obviously a UK convention - it's certainly not limited to "special friends" of Lave Radio (whatever the hell those are).

sollisb

Banned

Meh.

Well the 'earning' potential is limitless.. but capped at 400 per month.

Which really means players who want anything 'now' will have to buy the funny money.

of course if the regulator was to get involved (if someone was to report it) then Frntier have an out in saying players can earn the arx free...

Meh.
Maybe save up a few week's worth for something you do want? Just a thought.

Maybe save up a few week's worth for something you do want? Just a thought.
Which is where the whole things, falls apart.

For me. I would have to think about saving for Xmass 2020.

For the average teenager. Saving is not in the vocabulary, of your average 'i want it now, credit fuelled' teenager.

I'm sure this has been done before (and probably proved nothing) but I was curious so I just did some sums based on what I paid for certain cosmetics pre-ARX and what they'd cost me now (AFTER prices are a range using conversions based on £24.99 ARX pack and £2.99 ARX pack).

Nav Beacon bobblehead (BEFORE: £3, AFTER £2.37 - £2.89)
Celeste COVAS (BEFORE: £5, AFTER £4.34 - £5.29)
Asp Raider ship kit (BEFORE: £8, AFTER £6.62 - £8.08)
Asp White Apollo paint (BEFORE: £1.50, AFTER £0.89 - £1.08)

I picked out these examples by going through my past orders and selecting, pretty much at random, items which I was able to find in the store now. From where I'm sitting it looks as if Frontier have tried pretty damn hard (harder than many on these forums deserve I would say) to keep prices the same or slightly cheaper than they were before.

And then on top of that they're also giving us free ARX just for playing the game so that three or four times a year even those who can't afford to buy an ARX pack can still pick up something from the store.

As for the why of ARX:
a) It gets rid of the per-transaction costs imposed on Frontier by credit card companies which previously meant the purchasing of very low cost items (e.g. an individual paintjob) be barely cost effective (hence why they used to favour selling paint packs rather than individual items).
b) It makes it easier and safer to bring the store inside the game since none of that code has to deal with real-world credit transactions.
c) It brings PC inline with the console model which makes life a lot simpler for Frontier.
d) It allows Frontier to give us cosmetic item earning potential within the game.

As for the why of ARX:
a) It gets rid of the per-transaction costs imposed on Frontier by credit card companies which previously meant the purchasing of very low cost items (e.g. an individual paintjob) be barely cost effective (hence why they used to favour selling paint packs rather than individual items).
b) It makes it easier and safer to bring the store inside the game since none of that code has to deal with real-world credit transactions.
c) It brings PC inline with the console model which makes life a lot simpler for Frontier.
d) It allows Frontier to give us cosmetic item earning potential within the game.

Right. You see, the player/customer is in the spotlight of Frontiers efforts.

Right. You see, the player/customer is in the spotlight of Frontiers efforts.
Can't decide if that's sarcasm but to be clear: a) benefits the player (we can now buy individual items rather than having to buy whole packs), b) benefits the player (being able to buy cosmetics directly in-game without having to jump out to a website and start rummaging around for my credit card), c) doesn't bother me but perhaps console players feel less marginalised?, d) benefits the player.

Top Bottom