New Paintjobs

Overdrive, ugh. Would love to see the sales numbers for those. Not to mention how they'll look like with a ship kit applied.

And not going to even ask why the Cobra ones are 800 Arx more expensive than the Python ones. I'm sure there are perfectly valid reasons for it.

Just spied what they were doing with tactical white and graphite.. while they changed course for the main ships... the fighters have different pricing for tactical graphite and white... 620 for the "popular" ones and 460 for the rest of the set. Would love to see what their thought process was while they were holding those colors from sale.

EDIT: Though that could have just been an error and they used 620 for everything not seeing SLF's having different pricing, probably my mistake.

Last edited:

Deleted member 182079

D
Just spied what they were doing with tactical white and graphite.. while they changed course for the main ships... the fighters have different pricing for tactical graphite and white... 620 for the "popular" ones and 460 for the rest of the set. Would love to see what their thought process was while they were holding those colors from sale.

EDIT: Though that could have just been an error and they used 620 for everything not seeing SLF's having different pricing, probably my mistake.
I have a feeling we might get some interesting surprises during the upcoming Black Friday and Christmas paints sales.

Deleted member 182079

D
It good that they can increase the detail with the new paints.. but I think they have a real challenge... anyone who’s been around for a few holiday sales already has one or more paints that look better...
Yes, its progress I suppose (looking back at some older paints, such as the Precision pack, I cannot unsee the issues with them now and avoid using them nowadays. Wish they would get a makeover) but the much bigger issue for me is from an artistic side - the new paints are either underwhelming or so over the top that I can't see myself ever considering them on my ships.

And as you say, I already have a large selection of paints for many ships which I prefer over the new ones, so they really have to try harder to get me to spend or my wallet remains closed.

I do like the Operator pack, but would like it as a pack and not individual items. But to me that's too expensive now vs the 3.50eur they would've cost prior to Arx.

At least my regular shopping spree on the store has stopped dead since Arx was introduced so silver linings and all.

Yes, its progress I suppose (looking back at some older paints, such as the Precision pack, I cannot unsee the issues with them now and avoid using them nowadays. Wish they would get a makeover) but the much bigger issue for me is from an artistic side - the new paints are either underwhelming or so over the top that I can't see myself ever considering them on my ships.

And as you say, I already have a large selection of paints for many ships which I prefer over the new ones, so they really have to try harder to get me to spend or my wallet remains closed.

I do like the Operator pack, but would like it as a pack and not individual items. But to me that's too expensive now vs the 3.50eur they would've cost prior to Arx.

At least my regular shopping spree on the store has stopped dead since Arx was introduced so silver linings and all.

Yeah if they had applied the colors with a more skilled hand i think the direction of the krait snake paints would have been interesting.

Im growing to not mind arx (in isolation) not so much because you can get more items in practice for less.. once you get over the mental hurdle of distaste. I think its more frontiers general destruction of their own goodwill over the years that's getting in the way for me... especially with having a good collection already..

That's okay though we can sit and wait for frontier's next move. Always open to something positive should it occur :)

Deleted member 182079

D
Yeah if they had applied the colors with a more skilled hand i think the direction of the krait snake paints would have been interesting.

Im growing to not mind arx (in isolation) not so much because you can get more items in practice for less.. once you get over the mental hurdle of distaste. I think its more frontiers general destruction of their own goodwill over the years that's getting in the way for me... especially with having a good collection already..

That's okay though we can sit and wait for frontier's next move. Always open to something positive should it occur :)
Yeah I've gone through that phase also i.e. being quite hostile towards Arx and now I wouldn't actually mind buying a pack , but the new stuff (mostly) doesn't appeal to me at all - it's as if they created those designs just to show off their new rendering method but forgot to consider these are not Need for Speed boyracer car skins but supposed to be believable paints for space ships in a game with a relatively subdued colour palette (which I love - as opposed to say NMS which is too 'Fisher Price' to me). Matter of taste I suppose. My hope is for some Chrome/Golden/Iridescent/Wireframe paints to return, if the price is right that is - they also tend to work much better with shipkits of which I have quite a few (but stopped buying them as some are pretty shoddy in terms of quality).

And then adding to that the worrying issues with 404 errors etc. on the store... not sure I trust FDev with my CC details right now anyways - if they can't even run a bog standard online store in a stable fashion.

Hmmmm

I'm thinking Frontier artists doing ship paint jobs go to black to white transitions without shading in the colors for more color depth. I did this in the '90s with a lot less graphics abilities just making a ship look real.

somone gets me the thread where a player uploaded around 50 paintjobs that were absolutely mind blowing, please ?
whine away!

Top Bottom