News New Player Minor Faction System

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
steam stats are still a good measure for tendencies. far better that your stats anyway.

A possible point being that the *tendency* could be towards more and more people gradually switching over to just running Elite from the launcher without ever opening steam. (Although in all honesty I suspect that the player hours for steam are more likely to be OVER inflated since steam will log you as "playing" even if you quit the game but forget to close the launcher, which I personally do all the time.)

Our submission just got rejected with the following reason:

"Your Minor Faction's Description cannot contain references to other groups, people, Thargoids, Pseudo-Lore, out of game items, and/or non-Frontier content."

Who should I ask for a more concrete explanation? We have worded the description very carefully and don't really see what the problem with it is.

I don't work for FDev but if you send me the description I might help to pinpoint the problem(s)

I don't work for FDev but if you send me the description I might help to pinpoint the problem(s)

Thank you, but it's sorted now. I DMed Brett who suggested opening a ticket with Support. First I was confused because I couldn't find an appropriate topic, so finally I went with 'Other Issues' or something like that.
They replied within 24 hours in detail. I resubmitted the faction and already got notified that FDev accepted it.
It all went pretty fast.

So you are basically saying you want direct access to the login logs to verify Bret's post.
Why request an meeting with David Braben and call Bret a lieyer!

LOL, steam stats are better than Frontiers own stats? Do you honestly believe they have no accurate numbers on how many people are playing their game?

This forum can't get more ridiculous.

Check my acount on steam, nmanjos and tell me how many hours I have played elite! I will pm you my in-game stats!

All I see is another effort by FDev here to further suppress meta-factions - those groups who support multiple non-PMF factions of a given sort or for their own purposes.
The development of meta-factions is inevitable - there are several in-game already, most being a meta-faction to maintain some degree of anonymity or secrecy or invisibility.
The CPC, for example, operates in the fringes of Imperial space bringing democracy wherever it can and preventing an Imp bubble drop in our region.
Why is this a problem, FDev?

Was there anything written here about allowing players to adopt abandoned PMFs?
I agree that abandoned PMFs should be eventually purged, but a month is far too short a time. Maybe a year - at least. Players come and go and return sometimes, and the previous delays made some despair.
Instead of just purging them, allow active players/groups to apply to adopt them.

No factions opposed to the superpower?
A galaxy in stasis. Ain't that just cute...

In the words of Baal from Diablo 2 LOD:
"It seems your terms are not acceptable" (ludicrously so for freedom fighters).

Our faction will remain a Meta-Faction, working for democracy in Imp.Space outside of these silly constraints.
End of.

Last edited:
Re-phrasing your request in a slightly lower tone.
- Can you please allow for PMFs to retreat from their home system if it is their only system presence.

This will allow the player base to clean up dead PMFs where commanders have left the game.

If you do this factions like Adle's Armada (where they exist in only one system and have not expanded out) would probably be snuffed out in a few weeks by overzealous trolls.

Attachments

• 1556112827786.png
    1556112827786.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 290
ok, so this is going to be an odd question.. and one that is frustrating for me lol..

My squad took a vote on all the options for the minor faction, its been accepted and in game.. they knew full well that there was no changing it after it was accepted..

They now do not like one bit and want it changed, iv reminded them that it cant be..
Is there any way to 'unselect' it on the form submission page so I can submit a new one and change its name and the one tiny thing they now do not like? its a pain in the....

or would I need to login with a different account and re-submit it etc?

ok, so this is going to be an odd question.. and one that is frustrating for me lol..

My squad took a vote on all the options for the minor faction, its been accepted and in game.. they knew full well that there was no changing it after it was accepted..

They now do not like one bit and want it changed, iv reminded them that it cant be..
Is there any way to 'unselect' it on the form submission page so I can submit a new one and change its name and the one tiny thing they now do not like? its a pain in the....

No, there's no way to change it now... and only one successful PMF application per registered group is allowed.

You can't keep changing your mind every five minute Boris.

@Will Flanagan - has the "7 factions limit" been lifted?

I ask that because this week I noticed a new PMF was created, back in april, in a system which had 7 factions. So today there are 8 factions there.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom