No more patch updates before Fleet Carriers?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It's unbalanced in PvE as welk. I shouldnt have to bother with this crap to keep up with NPCs. The combat just became a slog.

If you upgrade your loadout the NPCs just hit back harder. I recently switched weapons from multi-s to frags on my CZ FDL to get better DPS, now I can kill condas more quickly but my shields (unchanged) go down faster because I take more incoming fire. It is better in the sense that I can kill more quickly and therefore compete with other players, but the difficulty has increased in line with my 'improved' ship.

In 2.1 the NPCs were an utter mess. Several years later they are rather better polished and scale to your loadout in most cases.

If you want to compete against other players then yes, you probably need the best gear and familiarity with it.

If you upgrade your loadout the NPCs just hit back harder. I recently switched weapons from multi-s to frags on my CZ FDL to get better DPS, now I can kill condas more quickly but my shields (unchanged) go down faster because I take more incoming fire. It is better in the sense that I can kill more quickly and therefore compete with other players, but the difficulty has increased in line with my 'improved' ship.

In 2.1 the NPCs were an utter mess. Several years later they are rather better polished and scale to your loadout in most cases.

If you want to compete against other players then yes, you probably need the best gear and familiarity with it.
Let that sink in: "several years later"...

Is Beagle Point and back a long enough journey?
Every system FSS and DSS where I felt necessary...

I personally wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, but good for you if like it. :)

how it is now is still not really what i would call functionally complete ideally because there is no real in game reason to scan the systems using the radio tuning game, other than for eye candy shots which we got before (with a button press) combined with the probe game which are just to locate interesting things to look at but dont offer anything gameplay related. .

The issue is for the most part just that. I wouldn't mind having to put up with use the FSS, if after I had hours of potential gameplay in that system. That would be an acceptable loop, you arrive at a system, spent a few minutes fiddling with FSS, and now it's time to start the actual exploration based on whatever signs you detected and thought interesting.

But that wasn't at all what happened, and instead the FSS itself IS the gameplay. It's the most uninspired, least creative take on space exploration one could ever imagine. Have you noticed that after 5 years there is still not a single reason, from an exploration perspective, to even land on a planet?

Last edited:
Can someone explain what the point is for Fleet Carriers if you have to wait another two years for there to be anything you can do with them? Whether or not the release is a bug-ridden half-finished mess is neither here nor there, but the lack of real depth and content, I really hope for FDEV's sake they have something up their sleeve. As it is, ED feels like it's on life-support.

Can someone explain what the point is for Fleet Carriers if you have to wait another two years for there to be anything you can do with them? Whether or not the release is a bug-ridden half-finished mess is neither here nor there, but the lack of real depth and content, I really hope for FDEV's sake they have something up their sleeve. As it is, ED feels like it's on life-support.
Be prepared for something in the New Era release that makes it extremely attractive for FC owners. That way, the principle of Horizons relative to base game is maintained. You can play without the new release, but there is more content (and contentment) with it.

The point as far as I can tell is to allow players to put something with their name on it in a system like graffiti. It will also helpfully remove unique challenges to wars in many systems by providing somewhere to resupply locally where the player is not hostile.

There's probably a downside too :)

@Stephen Benedetti yeah, sorry to do a Jeremy Paxman on this one but, "at this time" is wording FD normally reserve for statements like "we have no plans to make Powerplay be Open Mode only at this time" - which I tend to read as "we have no plans to do that whatsoever unless we have a fairly serious change of direction further down the line". So are you saying that you currently have no future plans to bring back Galnet, CG's or Interstellar Initiatives?
Yes. This is bang on point.👏👏👏

The real torment is engineer gameplay. It's goalpoasting achieved progress and nickel and diming new progress at its worst.
You probably didn't go through the torment of unlocking the RR Flechette Turret for Multicrew, just to find out that the thing is still dysfunctional two years after implementation
(its a fixed weapon, the gunner can't aim with it), and for half a year now, both RR Flechette variants have no Explosion FX anymore

alltogether, they abysmal badly implemented Multicrew system was already a torment

Here's an idea: Let us all do a big organized multicrew event on one of the next Weekends. Would probably open an eye or two (with videos - for the lulz).
I never did multicrew before but read a lot of odd things about it. Maybe it's that why I still think the game is not that utterly broken... :p
few things about multicrew:
1. the only "working" part is Crew manning the SLF in Combat. if it doesn't disconnet someone
2. Crew plays for fun, not for ingame rewards, as only a few credits for KILLS are distributed,
3. Gunner Seat was made for casual console player in mind -> but in the end, the only two uses for it i found until now, is
- alt account seat for extra pip and 25% insurance discount
- 360°/360° Pack-Hound coverage. just like in that Launch CGI Trailer where the Sidewinder fires missiles on a trailing Viper
4. Multicrew and Wing are not compatible.

You probably didn't go through the torment of unlocking the RR Flechette Turret for Multicrew, just to find out that the thing is still dysfunctional two years after implementation
(its a fixed weapon, the gunner can't aim with it), and for half a year now, both RR Flechette variants have no Explosion FX anymore

alltogether, they abysmal badly implemented Multicrew system was already a torment
Jesus Lord, they sure know how to waste player time.

I'm looking forward to all these new stuff and that hopefully no one will be ever looking back in grief, unlike with the ADS drama.

Well of course pico, you need not worry. There are other things to do in the game apart from cg's and galnet, so the devils are offered the choice to take the higher ground, no more than a grumpy stalemate.

Meanwhile the fss panning mechanic is still a constant becon screaming every click of the fact that someone stuffed up.

It's probably down to me playing mostly missions and CZs for combat when I met NPC that were taken to eleven with HP inflation.
Yes, CZ's can be a bit 'interesting' in an unengineered ship :eek:

Where I'm at a loss in my understanding with your discontent is that the materials to 'do' engineering are in abundance (provided you don't want G5 stuff by the 100's) and easily collected in everyday play, even as mission rewards, so getting a ship or two up to CZ combat ready wouldn't be a chore... Natural progression almost :)

Yes, CZ's can be a bit 'interesting' in an unengineered ship :eek:

Where I'm at a loss in my understanding with your discontent is that the materials to 'do' engineering are in abundance (provided you don't want G5 stuff by the 100's) and easily collected in everyday play, even as mission rewards, so getting a ship or two up to CZ combat ready wouldn't be a chore... Natural progression almost :)
Lost cause mate

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom