Non-landable planets showing resources? A hint?

So I'm sure a bunch of you have noticed that non-landable planets (water worlds, molten planets, gas giants) showing resources. This is making me think we may get the first atmospheric landings in 2019. I know its idle speculation, but this is promising!

I think it's less a hint of things to come, and more evidence that the reason Frontier takes "so long" on major updates is that they're putting a lot of work on the foundation of this game, as opposed to the shiny stuff.

I think it's less a hint of things to come, and more evidence that the reason Frontier takes "so long" on major updates is that they're putting a lot of work on the foundation of this game, as opposed to the shiny stuff.

I've been under this impression as well. If that's the case, we might see some rather large changes later.

Even if it never msterializes in the game, there’s verisimilitude. There clearly are resources on atmospheric worlds - why else would there be terraforming and colonization of them? Plus it may be not worth the effort to specifically exclude non-landables from getting resources, especially if it plays a role in the rest of the generation process.

Top Bottom