Not in the patch notes - canopy integrity halved.

Before, canopy integrity was 30 across the board.
Now, its 15, EXCEPT for the type 10, where it is now 25(!).

So a few things come to mind with this.
  • This is an indirect buff to phasing, since it was the only 'module' that could be damaged with it while the shields are up.
  • ONE railgun shot is enough to break it
  • Thargoid interceptors seem to have a high rate of hitting this, so thats going to be even more of an embuggerance
  • Yet another nail in the hulltank coffin.
  • In quite a few ships, targeting the shield generator is an easy way to land hits on the canopy.
  • Hope you deepspace explorers have an AFMU, now you canopy goes in half the number of boops
  • Does FDev have a rogue programmer that just likes mucking around with random #DEFINEs in the code?
E : https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/1081
F5DBFC27-3E11-46C7-9754-2D9E7378307B.jpeg

Did someone actually tested that canopies are breaking more easier than before patch?
Could actually be only an UI thing

So employers that have people working on Saturdays, are not decent people, even if they pay the extras right?
I ll try to remember that, the next time i buy my coffee from the 24-hour stop.

There's a difference between a game developer and a business in the service industry. I wouldn't expect a game development studio, which is a typical 9-5 office environment, to be operating on a weekend unless there's some kind of emergency (like a major server crashing).

There's a difference between a game developer and a business in the service industry. I wouldn't expect a game development studio, which is a typical 9-5 office environment, to be operating on a weekend unless there's some kind of emergency (like a major server crashing).
Yea i know this specific studio runs on emergencies lol. But i m with you. Its not game braking so lets wait till Monday.
I m sure there is a good explanation behind, because they dont do random, lol.

Assume it is a bug and hope it will be fixed in a couple of days with the other little problems. There is no reason to think it is deliberate, but if it is, feedback will reverse it.

I prefer them not to 'beta' updates of this size. I get why some people are disappointed with the bugs, though it isn't much of a big deal to me.

This is utter bullsh... The canopy integrity is one of those game breaking "mechanics" that just spoil the fun during any encounter.
At this point I am slowly convinced they want to get rid of the PvP community as a whole.

I could have sworn FDev pledged to make sure they included all changes in patch notes.

My gut tells me that this was either:

- an unintended consequence of
- an intended consequence (but the dev knew so little about game combat he/she didn't realize the ramifications of 15 integ canopy)

this bugfix noted in patch notes:

"Corrected the cockpit health disparity displayed between module tab and advanced maintenance"

This is the only release note that's even remotely related to this topic. Having maaaaybe pushed off a "simple" bugfix on more junior devs a few times only to have it explode in my face, this just seems so familar. And if it was somehow connected, the tech writer could easily just assume writing that the bug was fixed covered all the bases, since often those release notes are just touched up versions of the list of fixed items from the bug tracker. The tech writer isn't going to get into the details of the fix, not likely understand in game combat well either.

Top Bottom