Not in the patch notes - canopy integrity halved.

This whole deal of clear canopies on spaceships, particularly in combat ships, in vulnerable locations, has never made much sense.

Been discussed ad nauseam.

Puzzling what the rationale is for this change.

Pfff, you made me choke on my Scotch here.
Testing?!?!?!!?

Ugh, the idea alone.......

Testing would require some kind of a baseline. As we cannot rollback our game and test pre-update, unless months or weeks someone took it upon themselves to test how strong canopies are in a controlled setting, we just have to rely on the UI integrity display and anecdotal reports of weaker canopies.

Testing would require some kind of a baseline. As we cannot rollback our game and test pre-update, unless months or weeks someone took it upon themselves to test how strong canopies are in a controlled setting, we just have to rely on the UI integrity display and anecdotal reports of weaker canopies.

I'm sorry, I thought you meant if Fdev tested this before release of the update.
I'm pretty sure this update has had a minimum of testing in that respect.

I have flown my Vulture for a very long time (got it since February 2017), in fact I mostly fly only this ship.
I use it in PvP and a bit of PvE and I know approximately how long my canopy can take hits before starting to break after shield drop.

Anyone who knows the vulture, knows how exposed the canopy is and how prone it is to get shot out.
I can confirm without a doubt that it takes a lot less hits than before.

I could have sworn FDev pledged to make sure they included all changes in patch notes.

Though at this point updates to Elite are becoming Star Citizen-levels of memery. It's embarrassing at how much either breaks or isn't even mentioned whenever there's an update.

AFK at the moment but I’ve read reports of ships suffering much more damage than is usual - has integrity on all modules been affected or just canopy? Will check actual vs coriolis / edshipyard values when I get home later.

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello everyone,

Firstly, thank you for your reports and your feedback. The canopy used to break when it was at 50% integrity, however, we have fixed this so it correctly breaks at 0% integrity bringing it in line with all the other modules.

Therefore, to maintain the canopy’s current functionality, we halved its integrity. This means that the canopy should be reacting in the same way as before the April Update.
We’ve tested internally and found this to be the case, however, if there are any instances where you are seeing an issue, please let us know.

Hello everyone,

Firstly, thank you for your reports and your feedback. The canopy used to break when it was at 50% integrity, however, we have fixed this so it correctly breaks at 0% integrity bringing it in line with all the other modules.

Therefore, to maintain the canopy’s current functionality, we halved its integrity. This means that the canopy should be reacting in the same way as before the April Update.
We’ve tested internally and found this to be the case, however, if there are any instances where you are seeing an issue, please let us know.

Thanks Will, makes sense.

Stopping at "we have fixed this so it correctly breaks at 0% integrity" would mean indeed that you fixed it.
Where is the fix if you halved the integrity? you could just save some time and leave it as it was

Thanks for the feed-back, much appreciated

Stopping at "we have fixed this so it correctly breaks at 0% integrity" would mean indeed that you fixed it.
Where is the fix if you halved the integrity? you could just save some time and leave it as it was

Thanks for the feed-back, much appreciated

You had 30 hitpoints and it broke when it was at 15. It now correctly displays as 15 breaking at 0. There was a display bug erronously showing 30hp, they fixed without any nerfing or buffing involved.

It would have made more sense to leave the integrity as it was. Canopy's were always way to fragile anyway. I mean 15 integrity?! What's that? like one shot from a class 1 cannon?

I see it as: you had 30 hitpoints and you fell dead when your hp reached 15. The correction would be to fall dead when reach 0.
But maybe it's just me shrugs

The Replicated Man

T
Hello everyone,

Thanks Will!

Is there any chance that this could become a engineered item in the future?

Hello everyone,

Tbh, I am to 99% sure that the canopy on my vulture breaks sooner than before that change.
Why not make the integrity scale with numbers of MRPs? As many have said, the canopies have always been a huge problem when it comes to survivability.

Hello everyone,

Thanks Will. Considering that there was the weekend and the thread was created on Friday and you probably had to check with the team it's a pretty fast response. Good job!

Top Bottom