Odyssey Progress

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

With our first hotfix now released and another one arriving very shortly, I wanted to take a moment to address the wider community feedback and reports regarding performance issues, server outages, and bug reports within Elite Dangerous Odyssey.  

First and foremost, I would like to apologise wholeheartedly to those who have been suffering from these problems. I would like to reassure you that we take these issues very seriously and that they are our top priority and focus.  

Our second hotfix will be released very soon, which we hope will address more of the reported bugs and bring further stability improvements into the game.  We will continue to work on updates which will resolve more bugs and improve stability further.

Some of our players are reporting poor performance on machines where we would expect the performance to be good, and others are saying it is fine. We are trying to get to the bottom of this. I have been playing on my old home machine from 2014, which has an Intel i7 Extreme CPU and a GTX 980 GPU, 16 Gb RAM, playing at 1080p full screen at Ultra. I was doing this so I could have a good feel for how the game was playing on older hardware, and I used this same machine during Alpha. I have also been playing on a high spec 2021 dev machine.

I would like to thank you all for your patience and support. The Elite Dangerous community has always been at the heart of the game. We understand that there are a number of players who have had problems accessing and playing the game and I can assure you that we are focusing fully on improving this for those affected and communicating with you openly and regularly about how these issues are being addressed.  

Thank you all, 

David

Last edited:
I can’t believe you are apologizing. Nobody has gotten any new game or update without its issues in years. You guys keep doing your thing at fdev. There’s always people that you can’t satisfy nor will those people have any understanding outside of what only effects them. 36 years of fdev running and I look forward to the next 36. I suppose I just wish all the developers were so lucky to continue making video games for over 30 years. Either way, I assure you some of us have extremely valid faith in you. O7

Top Bottom