ANNOUNCEMENT Odyssey: Update on VR and Ship Interiors

What VR set is recommended at the moment?
There's no clear winner at the moment, every one has its pros and cons. I just recently outlined that in another thread, go have a look [ignore the excerpt, forum's broken]:

when will we have the possibility to walk inside our ship? are devs working on it?
I think not anytime soon.
Even if i would like them anyway, i don't think they'll add them without some activity related to it.
So i bet on the next, or second next, expansion when they have zero g EVAs (and general zero g physics for interiors and boardings) to put along with them.

Odyssey has nothing to do with the ships we pilot. Apart from the nicer looking lighting and planet terrain there is nothing of real interest. Why couldn't FDev flesh out existing game mechanics and make the galaxy feel more alive? I'll buy Odyssey, but only for the graphics upgrade. Oh wait I'm on Xbox so we won't see any optimization...on second thought...

Odyssey has nothing to do with the ships we pilot. Apart from the nicer looking lighting and planet terrain, there is nothing of real interest. Why couldn't FDev flesh out existing game mechanics and make the galaxy feel more alive? I'll buy Odyssey, but only for the graphics upgrade. Oh, wait I'm on Xbox so we won't see any optimization...on second thought...
Get a real machine buy a PC :)

So I'm in the ship. I decide to put on a space suit and leave the ship. I might decide to take a portable rail gun with me I bought previously.

Did I purchase the suit and gun in Holo-Me using ARX at a shopping center?

Is the transition from ship to ground a 'cut screen' like deploying a Scarab?

Coming back to the ship will there be moving graphics to where I need to be like with an SRV to enter the ship?

These are basic questions I don't think Frontier will answer. If they do I'll be very impressed!

Regards

So I'm in the ship. I decide to put on a space suit and leave the ship. I might decide to take a portable rail gun with me I bought previously.

Did I purchase the suit and gun in Holo-Me using ARX at a shopping center?

Is the transition from ship to ground a 'cut screen' like deploying a Scarab?

Coming back to the ship will there be moving graphics to where I need to be like with an SRV to enter the ship?

These are basic questions I don't think Frontier will answer. If they do I'll be very impressed!

Regards
We will know the answers by the time they release the alpha, I would guess.

ARX are just be for cosmetics, why would it suddenly be for game items?

edit - haha, I can't write sentences that make sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom