OPEN ONLY

When you made this game open only???
It’s so frustrating to have people against in a war but never see no one... it’s not a real war.
Also there isn’t real interaction with all the cmdrs.
You give us all the things against other people, but are all unnecessary if there’s no one to use against.
The galaxy is one, and only one, not infinite parallel dimensions where other CMDR lives.
This game NEED open only!!!

welcome to the genius of modes.
yeah, i know, that's not what it says on the box. on the other hand the whole 'play your own way' meme should have risen some eyebrows.

anyway, what you want isn't even technically possible with the current implementation, and that's without even talking about cheats, just basic performance. so take it for what it is: infinite parallel dimensions.

i'm not mocking, just trying to be helpful. you are experiencing your first and fundamental existential crisis with this game. you either accept it or you don't.

I'll play in a forced open space,,if they remove all open pvp. Give commanders the option to opt out of pvp with a little toggle (check-pvp--unchecked-no pvp) then I and I bet quite a lot of soloists would come right out of the wood work.
Frontiers give you all the things to evade a PVP combat. He is alone? You can evade his interdiction. You will be interdicted? You can escape. You are slow? You can use a big shield, chaff and point defence before to escape. Are you more then one? Go with a wing that protect you.

Frontiers give you all the things to evade a PVP combat. He is alone? You can evade his interdiction. You will be interdicted? You can escape. You are slow? You can use a big shield, chaff and point defence before to escape. Are you more then one? Go with a wing that protect you.
yes, they did, I can avoid pvp entirely...by playing in solo. I see all these threads come up with one over arching theme, they want more people in open play so they can have more opportunities for pvp engagements. I suggest the opposite...remove all pvp from the game as it lends nothing to the galaxy, has the effect of separating and alienating large portions of the community, does not encourage communication, cooperation or positive community building. If it did those things, we wouldn't have so many threads complaining about the lack of players in open.
a lot of threads on the subject attempt to shame or insult soloists and those of us who are not interested in open galaxy pvp gameplay. I find this interesting. I do not play in solo mode because I am afraid or because I do not know how to play, I play in solo because I do not want to play open pvp gameplay, nor am I interested in "avoiding" it

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
.... or just pick a game mode that suits one's expectations and playstyle preference.

Not all players enjoy PvP of course - however the game has never required players to play among other players, if they do not want to - no matter how much other players may want them to.

Last edited:
The best way to avoid PvP is to go to any of the 400 billion stars out there where no one has gone before. ;) Frontier gave you all those stars just so we all can gather in the 20,000 star system bubble and shoot each other. :p

Lestat

Banned
Yes, because they don’t know how to play this game. They are afraid to meet other people 🤣
Or you don't understand not everyone has the same setup. My Old rig with my old Internet. People would complain because I would be teleporting in all locations. It was not the game it was my setup. So let keep as is. Instead of saying people don't know how to play.

Or you don't understand not everyone has the same setup. My Old rig with my old Internet. People would complain because I would be teleporting in all locations. It was not the game it was my setup. So let keep as is. Instead of saying people don't know how to play.
What!? I thought rubberbanding was something in the game to give you more feel of immersion. :unsure:

.... or just pick a game mode that suits one's expectations and playstyle preference.

Not all players enjoy PvP of course - however the game has never required players to play among other players, if the do not want to - no matter how much other players may want them to.

Oh well, I hope in cross-play so. Maybe i’ll Have chance to meet other people and make good games with others people... 😁

No where on the cover of the game does it say open play only it actually says single player with the option to play with others

Attachments

• 414115-elite-dangerous-legendary-edition-playstation-4-back-cover.jpg
    414115-elite-dangerous-legendary-edition-playstation-4-back-cover.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 51

Lestat

Banned
No, there aren’t, I play on Xbox, I don’t meet any CMDR, because they know the hazardous of these system, so they are all in solo/private
So you want paid to play? Because if you are on the Xbox or Sony you expect everyone to pay the Stupid Fee to play in Open on this game. I know one person who on Xbox who doses not worship XBox fee. But to be able to play Solo and you forcing him to PAY TO PLAY.

So Samurai83ITA why are you asking people to pay to play?

I am glad I am on a Laptop and not on a console.

So you want paid to play? Because if you are on the Xbox or Sony you expect everyone to pay the Stupid Fee to play in Open on this game. I know one person who on Xbox who doses not worship XBox fee. But to be able to play Solo and you forcing him to PAY TO PLAY.

So Samurai83ITA why are you asking people to pay to play?

I’m not asking people to pay to play, i asking people to don’t afraid to play open and to don’t hide in solo. There are a lot of people against ganker. Play in open, meet other cmdrs, make alliance, play good games with other CMDRs... I say this...

I'm currently playing on a laptop as well. My full rig is disassembled because we're doing construction in the house. My office is almost empty. No space for my desktop and HOTAS.

So I've been playing on laptop, KBM style. Kind'a fun, but it's terrible for combat. Some people got the skillz for it, but I don't. HOTAS is the only way I can do a fight.

Lestat

Banned
I'm currently playing on a laptop as well. My full rig is disassembled because we're doing construction in the house. My office is almost empty. No space for my desktop and HOTAS.

So I've been playing on laptop, KBM style. Kind'a fun, but it's terrible for combat. Some people got the skillz for it, but I don't. HOTAS is the only way I can do a fight.
I using Dual flight sticks and wireless keyboard. Make things a lot easier.

Lestat

Banned
I’m not asking people to pay to play, i asking people to don’t afraid to play open and to don’t hide in solo. There are a lot of people against ganker. Play in open, meet other cmdrs, make alliance, play good games with other CMDRs... I say this...
Yes you are let read your First post.

When you made this game open only???
It’s so frustrating to have people against in a war but never see no one... it’s not a real war.
Also there isn’t real interaction with all the cmdrs.
You give us all the things against other people, but are all unnecessary if there’s no one to use against.
The galaxy is one, and only one, not infinite parallel dimensions where other CMDR lives.
This game NEED open only!!!

Top Bottom