Paul Vernon Memorial Tour

Paul Vernon Memorial Tour - From Hypoi Graae UG-S d5-173 to Koijou CT-W b1-18

And it's Friday again, and what can be more rewarding than another seven 15-5 mins loop cyles (15 mins preparation, 5 mins cooldown)! Let's do it and make it to Koijou CT-W b1-18. There we'll stay until Sunday evening, when we will finally make it to Shaulai DL-P d5-274, the long-lost space oddity brother (even if it's 8 jumps then). Hopefully enough time for exploration, new plant friendships and such 🤠

Make sure you are on board in time, before 18:00 space time today!

O7,
🙃

not much BIO´s on todays exploration, but 3 earthlikes and 7 waterworlds. the first ELW´s for me on this trip, good to see the blue planets again, wish frontier have given us more posibilities to explore on the ELW´s
HighResScreenShot_2022-10-22_17-45-45_ergebnis.jpg

HighResScreenShot_2022-10-22_18-24-51_ergebnis.jpg

HighResScreenShot_2022-10-22_18-28-42_ergebnis.jpg

Paul Vernon Memorial Tour - From Koijou CT-W b1-18 to Shaulai DL-P d5-274

And finally, tonight at 18:00 space time, we make it for Shaulai, the LSD trip long-lost space oddity! 🤠

This more or less will be the final highlight of the Tour. Which feels strange & surreal somehow, after more than 4 months being on Tour, jumping for hours almost every day, the next stop will be Colonia again and Leg 3 ends there. Which is about next weekend or so! 🙀

The Tour itself will return everybody safely back to the bubble of course, that is to IX Chakan (next to Teaka, our home system) where it started on June 23rd, the day of the funeral. We'll have another two weeks or so of rest at Colonia, and The Truthful fell in love so much with it that she considers just staying there. Women. She better should unlock the basic engineers first. Let's see how this will turn out.

Meanwhile, some impressions from the current spot.

Screenshot_0863.jpg

Screenshot_0869.jpg

Screenshot_0866.jpg

Screenshot_0871.jpg

Screenshot_0875.jpg

Screenshot_0876.jpg

Screenshot_0879.jpg

Screenshot_0880.jpg

Screenshot_0882.jpg

Screenshot_0885.jpg

Anyway, make sure you are on board in time today!

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
most likely i will hop off at colonia, drop my Krait MK2 somewehre there and head back with my ASP along the colonia bridge stations to the bubble. but i feel colonia is a better basis for exploration and i will probably come back with my carrier. hope we get a last chance of a group meeting on the rest of the way.

Paul Vernon Memorial Tour - Shaulai DL-P d5-274

So, we finally reached this famous system. Groovy stuff, this green planet friend! 🤠

Screenshot_0894.jpg

Screenshot_0896.jpg

Screenshot_0892.jpg

We'll stay here until Wednesday, so that everybody has a chance to explore this unique thing and the surrounding systems. Which means we reach Colonia next Sunday then.

O7,
🙃

This more or less will be the final highlight of the Tour. Which feels strange & surreal somehow, after more than 4 months being on Tour, jumping for hours almost every day, the next stop will be Colonia again and Leg 3 ends there. Which is about next weekend or so!
Well.......
There's actually one more stop that we should(?) do: Spoihaae XE-X d2-9 which contains the Monde de la Mort (World of Death) a landable planet that orbits through the jet of a white dwarf. (Save to explore in an SRV, not save in a ship, I haven't been there on foot.) https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/13242751/name/Spoihaae+XE-X+d2-9
I originally didn't include it in section 3 of the tour for a number of reasons: it wasn't suggested by Paul (I guess he didn't knew about that place, otherwise I'm sure he would have liked to visit it), section 3 already stretched what you can do on a single FC fuel load (I planned the section without any refueling, no tritium on docked ships, no mining, nothing, only the fuel on the carrier itself), and the main reason was: it's actually a bit shorter to visit on the trip from Colonia to the Bubble and not from Beagle point - or our current place - to Colonia.

Now we have an excess of tritium on the carrier, so we could visit the World of Death on the way to Colonia and call the Tour finished when we reach Colonia, or do it as originally planned by me and visit it on the way from Colonia to the Bubble.

I'd say do it as you like.

I still haven't decided what my alt is doing next and how, but I'll definitely leave the Dolphin and the Sidey in Colonia where they belong (plus the Suicidewinder will be sold).
I'm not sure about when or how my alt will return to the bubble. Do I stay on board and finish the journey with you guys, do I stay in Colonia for a while and return later with one of the FCOC's weekly shuttles, I don't know. 🤷‍♂️

But now I'm really tempted to visit the Monde de la mort so I'm more on "staying on board" right now... ;)

Paul Vernon Memorial Tour - From Shaulai DL-P d5-274 to Juemeou AC-J d10-58

So, today, it's time to say goodbye to our green planet friend and continue the Tour. As has been suggested by Invaluable @Hans Wijn, we smuggled in just another highlight in form of Spoihaae XE-X d2-9, a system which contains the Monde de la Mort (World of Death) - a landable planet that orbits through the jet of a white dwarf. Safe as in SRV, not safe as in ship, wonder how that turns out. Paul certainly would have approved! After that, we'll finally home in on Colonia for the end of Leg 3.

So let's do another 7 jumps today, departing at 18:00 space time as usual!

Make sure you are on board in time. And this is the updated Tour Plan btw 🤠

O7,
🙃

Paul Vernon Memorial Tour - From Byoomae EV-X d1-8 to Agnairs MM-M d7-70

We're constantly homing in on our next destination, Spoihaae XE-X d2-9 (Death World). Plan is to reach it on Sunday evening, as tomorrow is a day off as usual. Today, at 18:00 space time, we'll do another 3.5k ly. This is where we are right now:

1666975397286.png

Make sure you are on board in time!

O7,
🙃

Paul Vernon Memorial Tour - From Agnairs MM-M d7-70 to Spoihaae XE-X d2-9

So, tomorrow we will jump again and finally reach Death World even. It's 10 jumps in total, plus we wish for another Meet and Greet plus Photo Session at the The Lawful & Vernon's bar, so we'll start jumping earlier than usual, that is: 13:00 space time instead of 18:00 space time.

At 19:00* space time tomorrow, we'll all assemble at the bar and raise a glass instead (if Piper allows), otherwise, bring any drink you like! And some of you please bring cameras to document this tour's final highlight if possible at all!

After that, it's only 2 🙀 jumps to Colonia and, in fact, the End of Leg 3. So enjoy it while it lasts! 🤠

The Tour itself is not over yet, luckily. The Lawful & Vernon will safely bring you back to the Bubble, that is: IX Chakan and finally, Teaka, but that will be a direct return with no sightseeing involved so far, and we'll stay in Colonia for at least 2 weeks. The Truthful still wishes to stay at Colonia, as she can't forget the Ishum's skies and it feels more pristine there, she says. Women 🤷‍♀️

O7,
🙃

* Courtesy of Hans

Last edited:
At 18:00 space time tomorrow, we'll all assemble at the bar and raise a glass instead (if Piper allows), otherwise, bring any drink you like! And some of you please bring cameras to document this tour's final highlight if possible at all!
oops, planned to exchange my ryzen 3700X with a new 5800X3D tomorrow morning, hope to get my PC running by this time. If not i will logon with my gamin laptop. Count on me, thx, see you all tomorrow.

oops, planned to exchange my ryzen 3700X with a new 5800X3D tomorrow morning, hope to get my PC running by this time. If not i will logon with my gamin laptop. Count on me, thx, see you all tomorrow.

We will have a "final" meetup (after the one at Death World) in Colonia and one at IX Chakan too, but won't approve any of our loyal bus tourists | [be honest, say friends] missing out. It is our Invaluable @Hans Wijn who has planned the entire tour and whose breadcrumbs we just faithfully follow, to and fro. It is absolutely clear you and our Tour Fellows (meaning Tigerduck, you ofc, and some others) are required to be there. If not, we'll postpone the whole thing, easy as that 🤠

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
Due to a confusion between old-man time and actual in-game time, the meetup tonight have been moved to "really soon now"!
So if you are in-game, then have contact me ("Hans Wijn") so that we can arrange to instance together.

Top Bottom