Paul Vernon Memorial Tour

Well, Invaluable @Hans Wijn controls Time as well during any Teabagger operation, and so it is here ofc. He has just recently been promoted to TBAG Time Lord after reaching Ishum's! Managing time correctly is critical in particular with Old White Men's operations like this one.

In any case, now it is. The carrier will crash in any minute, stay tuned!

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
Older picture, but the orbital mechanics don't change that fast.
The marked region of the planet's orbit in the picture is where the planet is neither in the exclusion zone nor in the jet. (With the planet moving outward, i.e. from left to right in this view.) So to safely land do it while the planet is in that region.
If you want to be safe, then land, get into your SRV, and dismiss your ship. To get back, check the map for the planet to be in the safe region again.
And, as EDSM just told me: "The orbit takes approximately one hour." But the planet moves faster when it is closer to the star, so the marked region is about 1/4 hour. On the other hand it is easy to miss the fast swing by the star.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Paul Vernon Memorial Tour - Spoihaae XE-X d2-9

And so it came to pass, that the Company reached Death World, one of the most challenging systems so far. The Lawful even passed out, but could be saved by unknown means. As the planet crosses through a Neutron star, spectacular views galore. Here are some.

Screenshot_0923.jpg

Screenshot_0903.jpg

Screenshot_0911.jpg

Screenshot_0912.jpg

Screenshot_0913.jpg

Screenshot_0914.jpg

Screenshot_0926.jpg

Screenshot_0929.jpg

Screenshot_0928.jpg

And, if you've read closely, we'll stay here until Wednesday and then proceed to Colonia ultimately, 2 jumps and ending Leg 3. My background music for this part of the journey has been Abide With Me btw which definitely seems appropriate here. Paul would have approved! Wish he were here.

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
And a few impressions from me, too...

Really spooky, when the jets start to crawl over the night sky. Especially the sound...
20221030212526_1.jpg

A brilliant head... 🤭
20221030213313_1.jpg

Obviously turned into a pumpkin because of all that radiation... :oops:
20221030214748_1.jpg

🤷‍♂️

Phew Thankfully the SRV restored my physiology... ;)
20221030215232_1.jpg

Back on the carrier and still no drinks from Piper...
20221030222951_1.jpg

So cheers to all of you 🍻

Awesome that you all were able to coordinate that! I was hoping to do the surface meet up but lost track of time.
I had my sidey all lined up and was just waiting for the right time to attempt the landing when my daughter asked if we could go out on some back roads and let her practice driving before dinner. Unfortunately by the time we got back and ate I wasn't able to make it :(

I am glad you all got to experience it especially if it was anyone's first time. Being from the nebula, this area is literally my stomping grounds and can visit any time so no biggie for me. One of the best parts of the region is it's just a couple neutron jumps out to anywhere for exploration, black hole hunting or just to go up or down to the edge of the galaxy for some peace and quiet ;)

Paul Vernon Memorial Tour - From Spoihaae XE-X d2-9 to Colonia - End of Leg 3

So today at 18:00 space time, we'll once again take to Space and do the final two jumps to Colonia (or some nearby system in case it is full of carriers again), our final destination for Leg 3 of the Tour 🤠

Leg 3 has been a real long journey, going out to the farthest system possible, but it definitely was worth it. We travelled a total distance of more than 110k ly in 238 jumps (two of them during a rescue mission when one of our Eagle-piloting comrades fell overboard just two jumps away from Beagle Point), burning more than 21.000t of Tritium. Leg 3 started on September 5th, nearly 2 months ago, jumping 2.5 hours during 4 days a week at the minimum, and while carrier jumps with their 15-5 mins cycle are definitely the more tedious tasks when going long range exploration in Elite, it was fun all the way! And I think Paul would approve us completing the list of locations to visit after we two couldn't do so together anymore.

1667414364868.png

Mission accomplished!

But the Tour itself is not over ofc. The carrier and me need a rest, The Truthful is still undecided whether she should stay back at Colonia, as she fell in love with the spot in a way and already has part of her fleet at Helgoland (I'm trying to talk her out of it, but well, women!). So we'll stay in the area for about two weeks, a definite departure date has not been decided yet, but I'll take anyone wishing for back to the Bubble ofc, as promised. So after that, the carrier will set sail again for IX Chakan, where the Tour started in June, before ultimately making it to its home port, Teaka, the home system of the Teaka Elite Altruists Bagging Cooperative (TBAG). I'll post the details here in advance as usual, and I'm also flexible taking individual wishes into account. Just let's hope the swirly Thargoid thing doesn't arrive before us!

Finally, I want to personally thank the entire TBAG team providing logistics and support, making this whole endeavour possible at all, many of us accompanying the carrier themselves, but all the other CMDRs following the call and joining the tour (and trusting me to bring you there and back) none the less. It has been an exceptional thing to meet you, and I will remember flying in wings (or teams as is the newspeak) with many of you in exotic places forever, making plant and planet friends, discovering new worlds, engraving your names into the Galaxy forever and hopefully having a good time altogether! Your continued support made even the most tedious passages worthwile. Thank you! (y)

Think we could have another photo session and Meet & Greet at the bar (still no luck with Piper) during the next days (it would not be complete without Invaluable @Hans Wijn who did all the meticulous planning, among a lot of other things, attending, but he's currently offline). But first, we should actually get there, so here we go!

Make sure you are on board in time!

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
as one of the passengers onboard i would like to thank you and the whole TBAG team for providing this service. i can honestly say it was a great honor and pleasure to travel with you, wished Paul Vernon could have accompanied us. i will stay with you as long as you find your anchor in Colonia, but hope that we probably can meet in the Elite Universe at a later time again.
thanks again and stay save,

I'd also take the occasion and thank you and of course TBAG logistics for the opportunity to take part in this extraordinary tour.
Thanks for having me. o7

P.S.: my alt is back in the bubble right now, I jumped back to Colonia yesterday, took a suicidewinder, moved out to Guarijio and scanned the three beacons for those Halloween paintjobs. :cool: I'll take next mondays FCOC shuttle back to colonia but will be there by next wednesday for some optional pictures. 🤷‍♂️

Ah, home sweet home!
I too would like to thank the TBAGgers for letting me tag along and take the lazy man's journey to Beagle. With it being harvest season where I am at my weekends were a bit limited for play but I did get to see and explore some great spots.
It was an honor to visit some of Paul's favorite sites and unfortunately never had a chance to wing up with him while he was here. RIP Cmdr Vernon and thank you for inspiring the tour. I will always have memories of my first trip to Beagle with you in our thoughts.

This weekend I'll contribute some tritium to the carrier for the journey back and hopefully you all will make it back in time for the thargocalypse or whatever Fdev have planned.

o7

Paul Vernon Memorial Tour - Meet and Greet Ogmar

A week has passed already and Invaluable @Hans Wijn is back, so why not have a Meet & Greet (and photo session) at the carrier's bar today at 20:00 space time? It would be nice to assemble all our crew and guests again, so come along if you're still in the region!

Let's do it! 🤠

O7,
🙃

Top Bottom