Pilots of the galaxy, Hutton has a mission for you - Operation HOT MIST.

Don't forget you don't NEED to use the EDMC version as you can just do the same as the consoles and approve the data feed direct, but l if you use the EDMC anyway then it's great.

The website has a few guides but the video setup guide is here

Source: https://youtu.be/x7Xw853KGWw

Just drop the folder into plugins and off you go!
(might be worth checking file permissions just in case your pc has blocked something)

Are plugins enabled in EDMC (I can't remember if there is an option).

Right. With just the Hutton core team who have signed up we are down to 1700 stations each. With you lot joining in, we can reduce that number significantly.

If you can arrange bulk delivery and drop off to the Colonia bubble, I might be able to supply a few stations. Otherwise, by the time I get to Hutton, pick up some mugs and get the haul back to Colonia, we'll probably have fleet carriers.

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
I'll be there, teabagging others to help spread the mug across the galaxy (might make a run or two if things are slow)

Completely and utterly bonkers, count me in. And here's hoping that this will be an incentive for FD to put in a fix for systems such as 4 Sextantis, where the permit-issuing faction is not present outside the system, so you can never get in.
I thought that was fixed after the black fleet done the same to another faction,

the faction is meant to go into exile on a mega ship in a nearby system

edit: oh I see why now.... the faction that is in control isnt the permit holder and its pre black fleet

Last edited:

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
I was there earlier ready to drop mugs, but with everyone getting 68 there was never any time when there were no mugs floating around and it was difficult to get a 'slot'. Does anyone know if 20 is still the maximum amount of canisters before they start going pop? I'm sure I counted 40 at one point.

The Search & Rescue NPCs were a nuisance though when I was there last night, and kept pinching the mugs during their 'tidying up' routines.

I was there earlier ready to drop mugs, but with everyone getting 68 there was never any time when there were no mugs floating around and it was difficult to get a 'slot'. Does anyone know if 20 is still the maximum amount of canisters before they start going pop? I'm sure I counted 40 at one point.

The Search & Rescue NPCs were a nuisance though when I was there last night, and kept pinching the mugs during their 'tidying up' routines.
i think its around 20 per cmdr, ie you can only drop 20 at a time

Don't forget you don't NEED to use the EDMC version as you can just do the same as the consoles and approve the data feed direct, but l if you use the EDMC anyway then it's great.

The website has a few guides but the video setup guide is here

Source: https://youtu.be/x7Xw853KGWw

Just drop the folder into plugins and off you go!
(might be worth checking file permissions just in case your pc has blocked something)

Thanks for the video. Downloaded EDMC and the Hutton Helper, got it to work with minimal fuss. Am now docked at Explorer's Anchorage, dropped off 1t of mugs and 1t of Mega Gin, still got 7t more of each to drop off for Thursday's livestream. Maybe they'll hold a party at the furthermost outpost mankind has - even scientists need something good to drink now and then. :)

Last edited:

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
i think its around 20 per cmdr, ie you can only drop 20 at a time
Oh, 20 per commander.... so if there are 3 of us we can each drop 20 at the same time? I had always thought it was 20 total, but definitely saw 40 a few times recently.

One question - on the Hutton 'Hot Mess' page, stations are being marked in green for having had a mug delivered to them, even if it's not mugs that count, according to statements earlier in the thread. Does this mean that on Thursday, at the livestream, all mug deliveries will be reset and the efforts cancelled, to start from scratch upon having a ton of mugs delivered by the Dev in the livestream?

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
One question - on the Hutton 'Hot Mess' page, stations are being marked in green for having had a mug delivered to them, even if it's not mugs that count, according to statements earlier in the thread. Does this mean that on Thursday, at the livestream, all mug deliveries will be reset and the efforts cancelled, to start from scratch upon having a ton of mugs delivered by the Dev in the livestream?
Yes. :)

We will have a supply barge or two coming out to Colonia. You OK for me to pass on your cmdr name to one of the team?
wait really? Cmdr NSR3 left colonia to pick up mugs, if there is a dedicated MUG based supply team for colonia, then I would be interested, can you pass on my details? NSR2 / NSR3

yes the system is in testing at the moment ready for the launch of the event and all progress will be reset the second that Mr Benedetti does his thing

wait really? Cmdr NSR3 left colonia to pick up mugs, if there is a dedicated MUG based supply team for colonia, then I would be interested, can you pass on my details? NSR2 / NSR3

would you be able to do me a favour please and do a quick count of a number of stations in colonia with commodity markets so that we know how many mugs to send you.

would you be able to do me a favour please and do a quick count of a number of stations in colonia with commodity markets so that we know how many mugs to send you.
Currently at work.
I'm flying a conda, and intend to fly beyond colonia, in an attempt to drink tea with other lifeforms in addition to hot mist . So I require 1/2 a conda load of mugs. I'll drop one off at each of the large landing pad stations / planetary bases then I'll get some tea from somewhere, and use the rest on alien lifeforms.

Top Bottom