Pilots of the galaxy, Hutton has a mission for you - Operation HOT MIST.

would you be able to do me a favour please and do a quick count of a number of stations in colonia with commodity markets so that we know how many mugs to send you.
102. Since I already have 88 out here (and I think someone else had another 7). Then you need to send .... another 7 please :D

Ah. The main help we will need if someone brings a t9 full will be getting to the outposts with smaller pads.

Can do, unless someone beats me to it. I have my business (don't ask) Krait Mk.II on standby. Up to 80 tons of cargo (or 64, if I bring a limpet controller).
As a member of the working class, though, I won't be able to log in on the 16th until probably 19:00 UTC.

I can drop another mug at Explorer's Anchorage after the go-signal in Thursday's livestream, as well as supply the outposts/bases at Kashyapa, Boewnst KS-S C20-959, Gandharvi and Gru Hypue KS-T D3-31.

"Operation Hot mist" sounds like a fart gone wrong.
it's a lot more dangerous than that i'm afraid, every time someone uses cubicle #3 in the Hutton restrooms they are taking their life in their hands

primary goal: collect mugs from Hutton and distribute
unofficial secondary goal: deliver toilet brushes to Hutton, and perhaps a few bottles of pine-o-cleen

i'll be there on the 16th. it'll be a good excuse to wear the paint off a few of my newer small ships

TSPS runs completed. Consider everything in non-boring space other than Colonia itself covered: California, Witch Head, the arc of asteroid bases behind the Great Permit Wall of the Col X Sectors, Colonia Connection, Blue Star Line, and the various one-offs >= 500 LY from Sol.

@EntariusFusion: In addition to the upcoming system name changes I DM'ed you, the two mega ships in Zende and Synuefe EN-H d11-96 will swap positions on Thargsday morning. Right now, Sadler's Song is in Zende, The Conduit is in Synuefe EN-H d11-96. Unfortunately, your tool lists both for Synuefe EN-H d11-96.
The Gnosis will also jump, it is currently in HIP 28170 and will jump to Arietis Sector ZF-O b6-1 on Thursday. Your tool gives V1483 Orionis as her position, that's from mid-October.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to Follow that car those mega-ships!

edit: oh I see why now.... the faction that is in control isnt the permit holder and its pre black fleet

Yes, 4 Sexantis and friends have been broken for a LOOONG time, at least since 2.2. In the case of 4 Sextantis, there are three factions that have it as their home system:
  • 4 Sextantis Inc is present outside the system, I am allied with them, but they never offered the permit mission.
  • Uniting 4 Sextantis used to be present outside the system, I am friendly with them, but I never saw the permit mission under "unavailable missions"
  • 4 Sextantis Jet Dragons was never present outside the system
Additionally, the system description is supposed to say which faction gives the permit. The system description for 4 Sextantis is "No system description is available.".

There are a couple more broken systems that require a permit (other than the unknown permit, i.e. developer lock) but either have none of their MF available outside, or have a population of 0. The old permit thread should have info, the excel sheet was vandalized by a bot and is useless.

And to cover the obvious: I am aware of the 15 LY limit, and the problem was already around before there were chained missions.

Here's the quest then - can we find someone that got the permit BEFORE it was locked out and can make a delivery for us?

I'm in too. Have been using EDDB to go around updating the stations that haven't been visited in a while. Got the backlog down from about 900 days to 618 days so far.
Can kill two birds with one stone!

Don't know if it's been suggested yet, but maybe request that Frontier employ some quantitative easing on the mugs in a temporary capacity, that being the length of this player created CG. If single players can purchase higher quantities per buy and sell cycles, it may help make each Hutton run feel more substantial and rewarding, thereby helping participation numbers and duration.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Don't know if it's been suggested yet, but maybe request that Frontier employ some quantitative easing on the mugs in a temporary capacity, that being the length of this player created CG. If single players can purchase higher quantities per buy and sell cycles, it may help make each Hutton run feel more substantial and rewarding, thereby helping participation numbers and duration.
Current allocation is 68 which if pretty good and the highest I have seen!

How many mugs can you buy in one go?
That depends.

you can buddy up, one brings a cutter, the other anything medium.
Cutter parks outside the station, buddy lands and buys the alotted mugs, departs and drops them to the cutter. Cutter collects. Buddy lands, buys more, departs, drops, etc. Repeat until full & desired level of wealth is reached. 700t of mugs anyone?

Reloading is optimum with 3 loaders. The allocation restocks every 10 minutes, so 3 ships in rotation, loading then flying out, dropping but by bit so they don't all explode then going back for more is about a 3 min round trip.

Quick note re the Hutton Helper
The EDMC plugin submits data instantly
The console/authorised via frontier method takes 30 minutes or so to update.

HOWEVER, Entarius Fusion (our code master) has programmed it so that if the 2nd method delivers before someone does the 1st, even if it updates after, it will retrospectively credit you with that station.

Please note. Occasionally, Frontier's authorisation server for the 2nd method requires fresh permission, so before you make any drops it is worth checking and if necessary, re authorising if it has lost you. Not ever drop, but maybe before each session of gaming.

Entarius is looking in to why and recoding things to be more persistent.

The mission kicks off TONIGHT, everyone!
It starts with alive stream with Frontier at 7pm galactic standard time, followed by Hutton Orbital LIVE at 2030 galactic time on radio.forthemug.com or tv.forthemug.com

Once Mr Benedetti has made the first delivery, we're good to go.

Any premature muggings will be deleted and you'll be summoned to Cubicle 3 cleaning duties over at LHS 340 (a.k.a. the Naughty Step).

Top Bottom