Planet Zoo: Barnyard Animal Pack and Free Update 1.17 Out Now

Finally watched some footage of the cattle and yikes, they really are tiny. I know they can be small, but these look like they’re as tiny as they could possibly be! Like, comically small. Strange choices all around with this pack.

Anyone else can't get the guest interactions to actually work? None of the guests are actually going in to the habitats at all but just standing around them. Anyone got a solution?
1714524649504.png

Anyone else can't get the guest interactions to actually work? None of the guests are actually going in to the habitats at all but just standing around them. Anyone got a solution?
View attachment 391464
You can try to make it necessary to get through the Enclosure to get somewhere. Works great with my Chickens. Didn't try it with the other Animals yet

Is someone else having Crashes? Happened two Times within the last few Minutes on my Farm
🙁 Getting really common. I thought it has gotten better and when I've added Lamps to the Ostrich Stable, it crashed again. For approximately the fifth Time.
I hope whatever causes it, can be fixed in the next Update

🤔 is some specific Animal or Object causing the Game to crash? Just tried to play 3 Times and it always crashed almost immediately

First of all, congratulations to Frontier for another great pack that is adding valuable species and pieces to a key part of a modern zoo experience. The animals look great, some pieces are extremely useful (plants, hay, tires, fenced, buckets...), and the free update with the animal encounters is a wonderful addition.

However, I have some disappointments about the pack (more than I normally have with other packs):
  • The 70 pieces stone wall blueprint. I was loving this item in the promo videos and thought it could be a proper barrier, or maybe a fence or even part of a wall set. But I didn't think it could be a blueprint made of small rocks. It makes less flexible and more complicated using it specially on a big scale, like spreading them all over the outskirts of your zoo like if it was in the countryside.
  • The lack of flexicolour. I'm not normally too picky with this, but we haven't had so few flexicolour pieces in a pack since a lot of time. E.g. I love the new table and bench with the cute blankets, but if every time the 4 blankets are the same colour in each seat, it becomes repetitive too quick.
  • The size of some animals. The cattle is really tiny, much smaller than I expected. Like you are saying, maybe they are like they in real life (I have never been close to a Highland cattle) then congrats for the realistic depiction, but it means it was a bad choice for a cattle breed when we had many good alternatives. Then the goat breed is a really big one, so if you put them together it is elly weird having goats almost as big as cows, it makes difficult to mix them in an habitat (a bit like what happened with the camel and the wild horse).

It would help if everyone reporting a crash would say exactly what they placed down both in pieces and animals.
I've just tested it in one of my normal Zoos. It might be due to the Donkey or maybe the Hand washing Station 🤔
Edit: removed the Donkeys from my Farm and it crashed shortly after that, so maybe it is the Hand washing Station. That's the only other Thing from the DLC I've added to my normal Zoo before it crashed

Last edited:
The game currently is stable at least for me, I've been happily building my bird and tractor blueprints without any issue. I originally placed an animal encounter with highland cattle, worked fine removed it and then continued with my blueprints. Using various scenery pieces like the tractor and truck tires, new foliage and fences returned no problems so far.

I suggest to send your save files to frontier support if any zoo is unplayable for the best chances for whatever issues to be fixed next patch.

Top Bottom