Planet Zoo - Beta Dates Announcement 🐯

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hello amazing Zookeepers!

We are happy to announce that our official Planet Zoo Beta will be happening on the following dates:

24 September to 8 October, 2019!

The team have worked really hard to bring everything together and we are so excited to have you all join in.

The Planet Zoo Beta will feature the first scenario from our Career Mode (which you can read more about here, or watch the live reveal of here, 20 August at 7PM BST!), as well as the brand new Franchise Mode, in which you can develop your own zoo franchise along with the rest of the community and use the online Animal Exchange where you can trade animals to increase the genetic diversity and well-being of your animals and zoo. You can replay both maps multiple times and even free-build as if in Sandbox. Here's what'll be available:

• Most of the animals we've revealed so far, as well as some yet-to-be-revealed animals you can access during the Beta;
  • Scenario 1 featuring a near-finished zoo in a temperate biome (which you can continue or completely take apart and start over!), with multiple themes and building pieces;
  • Franchise Mode, with a Savannah-inspired biome as an open space for you to unleash your creativity in, with loads of animals as well as another new theme and architecture;
  • Various Staff types and buildings;
  • The Small Steam Train Ride;
  • And a massive host of enrichment, habitat, building, scenery, and foliage pieces!
Please note that in order to get access to the Beta, you have to pre-order the Planet Zoo Deluxe Edition, which comes with additional extras such as three exclusive animals (Pygmy Hippopotamus, Thomson's Gazelle, and Komodo Dragon), a collection of wallpapers, and the JJ Ipsen soundtrack.

There's an incredible amount for you to discover, and we'll be joining you on your adventure with a host of fun community activities and competitions! There will be more news about how it will all work a bit closer to the date, as well as continued Developer Journals and more, but we're hoping you're all looking forward to playing Planet Zoo with us on 24 September!

Keep your eyes peeled on our channels this week for more awesome news throughout Gamescom, and a chance to win a Planet Zoo Deluxe Edition code (and more).

Enjoy the rest of your week!
🦁
Your Planet Zoo team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! Awesome trailer. I hopped the Beta access is like an early access which no end. But it is fine for me :D

online Animal Exchange
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the brand new Franchise
Ist that the challenge mode?? A mode with limited money but endless?

THX BO! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Wow! So many great reveals at once. Love the new animals: ostrich, warthog, and poison dart frog (from the moment the terrariums were announced I was really hoping we would see these little guys). And an online animal exchange; great realistic way for us to increase the diversity in our zoos. Also loving the new medical building reveal. Even if there are no player directed interactions in these buildings it still looks cool. And the zebra on the table? If we can actually direct staff to move animals to the hospital that would be so cool.

Last edited:
The trailer is awesome, I can't wait for this great game and you all did a wonderful job with the developement. Fullstop.
Yet the communication about the (now obviously wrong) "beta in summer" could have been better. Summer was what appeared in the streams of the gaming show. And on steam, when I ordered the game right away. A simple "sorry guys, you got the wrong information, summer is a bit misleading" would have been enough. Now, as much as I look forward to the game and septembre 24th is still way ahead of the official release, it leaves a bitter taste. I'm sorry.

Wait a moment... does this "until 8 october" mean, people who did not pre-order yet can pre-order until then? Or does it really mean, I can only play the beta during 24.09-08.10.? What if I already pre-ordered but don't have time on that date? oO

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Wait a moment... does this "until 8 october" mean, people who did not pre-order yet can pre-order until then? Or does it really mean, I can only play the beta during 24.09-08.10.? What if I already pre-ordered but don't have time on that date? oO

The Beta runs from the 24 September to 8 October. Anyone who pre-orders the Deluxe Edition before the end of the Beta on 8 October will be able to take part. The Beta only runs for that time period but if you can't make it you won't have long to wait until 5 November!

The Beta runs from the 24 September to 8 October. Anyone who pre-orders the Deluxe Edition before the end of the Beta on 8 October will be able to take part. The Beta only runs for that time period but if you can't make it you won't have long to wait until 5 November!
This begs the question: can we play the beta offline? I don't always have internet.

The trailer looks amazing but I have a question. Will we get to see other themes during the gamescom? The african theme looks incredible but it would be cool to meet other animals that live in other places (penguins, pandas, etc).

Top Bottom