Planet Zoo: Grasslands Animal Pack arriving 13 December šŸ¦‹

Are you sure itā€™s not lighting or angle? Iā€™m just asking genuinely not being sarcastic
could be. I still think they adjusted the eyes because I can't seem to get it to do that sad face it did in foxy dee's post because that animal whatever it is doesn't look anything like an amur leopard. No offense to the picture I blame the model

could be. I still think they adjusted the eyes because I can't seem to get it to do that sad face it did in foxy dee's post because that animal whatever it is doesn't look anything like an amur leopard. No offense to the picture I blame the model
It reminds me a bit the Capybara case : when you look at the Zoopedia image of the Capybara, it have a VERY different shape from the model in-game. My thought is the Zoopedia image has been taken from an old version of the model. So I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they make some slight adjustments sometimes.

It looks great, except the tail, which is awful. The texture isn't great but it's about half the length it should be. It should hang down to the tarsus part of the foot. Not sure how that made it past QA.
I have found pictures of Caracals with bigger and smaller tails. There are different Caracal subspecies. Perhaps they have variations in tail length. For me the tail seems still a but to small but not in that extent.

Hmm. Bit too much of a cutesie art style for me, but I wasn't excited for the caracal in the first place. And no, cats are not Frontiers biggest strength in any model, to be honest.

I don't mind the cheetah or the lynx too much personally. The Eurasian lynx looks pretty spot on with my local zoos one
The Cheetah is okay-ish. The Lynx is one of the worst for me, to be honest. Very "edgy", proportions don't feel right etc.
Nothing beats the lion though. With the cat models at least getting a lot better lately, the lion became unusable.

A new desert pack lineup:

Drylands animal pack (I have to keep the (lands) theme going)

Dromedary
African spurred Tortoise
Collard peccary
Yellow footed rock wallaby
Addax
Hamadryas Baboon
Greater Roadrunner
WE: Vulture species (when you think of deserts you think of vultures)
This is actually a really nice lineup, honestly I like it a lot more than the Grasslands one! A habitat bird? Check. (And bonus, it isnā€™t another ratite!) A habitat reptile? Check. (Another bonus, something besides crocodilians!) Thereā€™s even another monkey species, which is perfect.

The only thing Iā€™d change is the vulture. Large, more solitary birds, like vultures, would visually be pretty ā€œjankyā€ in the walkthrough exhibit. You can already see something close to this happen with the current fruit bats if you only place a few in the walkthrough exhibit. The loops become really obvious and repetitive.

A small finch, weaver, or songbird species might be more visually ā€œfittingā€ with how the walkthrough works. And thereā€™s so many colorful desert-native species out there too!

Werewolf-Featured-Image.png

I figured out why the striped hyena looked so familiar to me. It's head shape reminds me so much of the werewolf from POA in the Harry Potter series.

Top Bottom