Planet Zoo - Update 1.0.3

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
I hope it's just a comparison, because the update was a little bit unlucky... okay NFS Heat is not bad - but EA destoyed Bioware with that engine they are forced to use... and yes, everything for the extra buck. 😠

I really don't appreciate what they do to great companies... many went down with their "help". 😐

I really hope it's not true.

Please stop right there :) we're Frontier, an independent studio. We've got nothing to do with EA or any other studio. They were just making a comparison to express their feelings about the update.

On that note, we're working on more fixes, so please bear with us. Thanks for your patience <3

You know you did something wrong as a company, when everyone panicks because of a sarcastic joke :D (I don't mean Frontier).

Really, guys, can we not all take a deep breath and look at the calender for a moment? The game isn't even out a full month yet and we already have a lot of fixes of things that would probably never have been fixed by... chrm... some other companies. And we have even additional features. Not even one month after release. Usefull, great features FOR FREE!
We have heard that big problems with the game (time speed) where looked into and will just take a little time. No "no comment" attitude, no "sorry, too expensive / too hard / not possible." Players have been taken serious here ever since the game release. Even mistakes (wrong wolf pack numbres, stone counting to terrain updates) were admitted and fixed. Me, as the most impatient woman on earth with a history behind me where my favourite franchise was ruined beyond repair in front of my eyes can not get the impateience and the constant fear that things will not be fixed.

Please stop right there :) we're Frontier, an independent studio. We've got nothing to do with EA or any other studio. They were just making a comparison to express their feelings about the update.

On that note, we're working on more fixes, so please bear with us. Thanks for your patience <3
Yeahiiiii... I'm really happy! 🙌 Thx for your answer Bo! 😄 I really was a little bit worried - I didn't find something what would say that it could be true, so I was thinking it was a comparison... not nice to confuse people like that. 😐
With your post I'm really sure now 😄, thx a lot - you're an awesome team, you always have my support, even in a diffucult phase, you will make it threw and in the end Planet Zoo will be what it should... it's not your fault you are the ones who somehow have to save it, under pressure and stress - we think of you and wish you the strength it needs.

I know you can do it and at the best with 🍫🍪 and ☕... I wish you tons of it! 😆🍀

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Yeahiiiii... I'm really happy! 🙌 Thx for your answer Bo! 😄 I really was a little bit worried - I didn't find something what would say that it could be true, so I was thinking it was a comparison... not nice to confuse people like that. 😐
With your post I'm really sure now 😄, thx a lot - you're an awesome team, you always have my support, even in a diffucult phase, you will make it threw and in the end Planet Zoo will be what it should... it's not your fault you are the ones who somehow have to save it, under pressure and stress - we think of you and wish you the strength it needs.

I know you can do it and at the best with 🍫🍪 and ☕... I wish you tons of it! 😆🍀

You're too kind ❤❤❤ chocolate and coffee sounds wonderful, haha!

Thanks again for this great patch! It fixed a lot of the (annoying) bugs I encountered before and didn't add any new ones for me. I was finally able to finish (Gold level) the Safari park campaign mission as water seems to be cleaned correctly now and poop doesn't fall through the floors of shelters anymore. I've been playing the game for hours and hours since the patch and am really happy! ❤️

The game isn't even out a full month yet and we already have a lot of fixes of things that would probably never have been fixed by... chrm... some other companies. And we have even additional features. Not even one month after release. Usefull, great features FOR FREE!
Patience combined with etiquette is an endangered species in the wild internet these days.
However, I have to disagree to a certain extent. There haven't been any new features since Beta or release. In contrast, there are less, e.g. advanced vet research.
The recent patch clearly introduced a couple of game/ save breaking bugs into the game. English is not my first language. But when a company says "we're on it" 30 minutes after the patch release and after new bugs had been reported, I expect a hot fix within 24 hours or at least a time frame until it will be fixed. Many other devs are able to provide this.

Patience combined with etiquette is an endangered species in the wild internet these days.
However, I have to disagree to a certain extent. There haven't been any new features since Beta or release. In contrast, there are less, e.g. advanced vet research.
The recent patch clearly introduced a couple of game/ save breaking bugs into the game. English is not my first language. But when a company says "we're on it" 30 minutes after the patch release and after new bugs had been reported, I expect a hot fix within 24 hours or at least a time frame until it will be fixed. Many other devs are able to provide this.

I consider a lot more sandbox options as new features actually. And I don't know a lot about coding, but I'm sure it's often more complicated than putting a patch over a wound. And tbh, the only company I know that provides hotfixes that fast has a: Waay more devs and b: has become very lazy in coding. If you put in only the minimum amount of work into a game, it sure is fixed faster.

I'd rather have good work than rushed work. And while it's of course a bit unfortunate that this patch brought issues with them, I still don't think frontier deserves this rage.
(By the way, english is not my native language as well and looking at your nick we live in the same city even ;) )

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Bugs cannot always be fixed immediately if they are tricky.

Liking the progress guys :D just one thing I'd really like asap and I don't think it would be that big of a thing to change - how fast the time goes.
And I don't know if this was part of the update but food costs went up like crazy, I had a zoo making 100-200k + per year and now I'm 100-200k in the red, I considered stopping playing franchise (or at least that specific zoo) since my zoo is hemorrhaging cash so bad. I had 3.5 million, now down to 2.5 and I can't do a damn thing about it. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a new feature but my existing zoo can't survive like this.
EDIT: I think it's a bug with food price scaling. I had a lot of lions, the food cost was 80k/feed, got rid of less than a third and it's down to 15k... aaand now it's up to 60k again... what

Last edited:
GoogleTranslator:

Hello, at least you are working on it.
What I find nice is if you even get information from you again and again. Maybe there is a way to give these a little more often, so the people who are worried see the messages being taken true.

Also, I like to read news, what is being researched and tinkered.

It often happens that many people here have concerns that they are not heard and therefore get upset. And sometimes you have to let go of your frustration, that's what I know.
I am also sorry if it is left out to you.

But please forgive, even if there is a bit of frustration ranting.
I think the majority of people do not mean it that way.

At least I do not mean it that way when I'm complaining.
I just have to let it out where. I know that you work hard to make the game better and you've done a great job so far.

The errors are ironed out over time and I'm looking forward even if more updates were there and you can see as an initial player to how much more such a game or something else. There was no such thing in the past.
There was a game on the market and there were no changes to it. Nowadays, you start with a game and can see how much it changes to the positive! Although it makes for frustration, I find that fascinating and thank you.
After all, we, the players, can also bring in ideas.
I will gladly give you the time you need, but I would like to ask for more information sometimes.

Thanks again to the moderators, you have a lot of patience with us.

On a continued good relationship
Gabi

Original:

Hallo, immerhin arbeitet ihr daran.

Was ich schön finde ist wenn man auch immer wieder mal Informationen von euch bekommt.
Vielleicht gibt es eine Möglichkeit diese ein wenig öfters zu geben, so das Leute die sich Sorgen machen, sehen das die Mitteilungen wahr genommen werden.

Auch ich lese sehr gern Neuigkeiten, woran geforscht und getüftelt wird.

Mir kommt es oft so vor das viele Leute hier Bedenken haben das sie nicht gehört werden und deshalb sich aufregen.

Und das man manchmal seinen Frust rauslassen muss, das kenn ich auch.
Das tut mir dann auch leid wenn es an euch ausgelassen wird.. Aber bitte verzeiht, wenns mal auch bisschen Frust schimpfereien gibt.
Ich denke der Großteil der Leute meint es nicht so.

Zumindest ich meine es nicht so, wenn ich mal meckere. Ich muss es nur wo rauslassen können.

Ich weiß das ihr hart daran arbeitet das das Spiel besser wird und ihr habt bisher ja schon tolle Arbeit geleistet.
Die Fehler werden mit der Zeit ausgebügelt und ich freue mich schon wenn noch mehr Updates da waren und man als Anfangsspieler sehen kann zu wieviel mehr sich so ein Spiel noch etwickelt.

Früher gab es sowas nicht. Da war ein Spiel auf den Markt und es gab keine Änderungen mehr daran.

Heutzutage, startet man mit einem Spiel und kann miterleben wie sehr es sich zum positiven verändert!

Auch wenn es für Frustmomente sorgt, ich finde das trotzdem faszinierend und danke dafür.

Schließlich dürfen wir, die Spieler, auch Ideen mit einbringen.

Ich gebe euch gerne die Zeit die ihr braucht, doch ich würde mir gerne manchmal selbst etwas mehr Informationen wünschen.

Auch den Moderatoren hier nochmals ein Danke, ihr habt eine Menge Geduld mit uns.

Auf ein weiterhin gutes Miteinander
Gabi

You know you did something wrong as a company, when everyone panicks because of a sarcastic joke :D (I don't mean Frontier).

Really, guys, can we not all take a deep breath and look at the calender for a moment? The game isn't even out a full month yet and we already have a lot of fixes of things that would probably never have been fixed by... chrm... some other companies. And we have even additional features. Not even one month after release. Usefull, great features FOR FREE!
We have heard that big problems with the game (time speed) where looked into and will just take a little time. No "no comment" attitude, no "sorry, too expensive / too hard / not possible." Players have been taken serious here ever since the game release. Even mistakes (wrong wolf pack numbres, stone counting to terrain updates) were admitted and fixed. Me, as the most impatient woman on earth with a history behind me where my favourite franchise was ruined beyond repair in front of my eyes can not get the impateience and the constant fear that things will not be fixed.

The "fixes" and "additional features" should have been implemented before the game was released. Of course, it's free, do you think they should be charging us for fixing their unfinished game? They should take us seriously, we are paying to do their QC Testing. I have no doubt that, in time, Planet Zoo will be the best game ever, I applaud the potential, but we have every right to be impatient and fearful of a company that would release a game in such an unfinished state with known problems. I played the beta and saw this coming. We screamed for slower timing from day one. The release date should have been delayed for that alone.

Google Translator:
A greeting back, from a Fränkin from NRW.

Well here you get at least timely information and do not always have to wait for the other to look for one together.

And Google's automatic translation tool does a good job for me.

I just hope that my texts are reasonably understandable.

Original:
Einen Gruß zurück, von einer Fränkin aus NRW.

Naja hier bekommt man ja wenigstens Zeitnah Informationen und muss nicht immer warten das Andere die für einen zusammen suchen.

Und die automatische Übersetzungshilfe von Google leistet für mich meist gute Dienste.

Ich hoffe nur das meine Texte einigermaßen verständlich sind.

Why not just go back to the past update. After you will fix this one test on a closed bêta test and after if it's ok just release it.
I'm okay for say you sell a not finished game but you have to make priority about your development.
Just try to be more serious the patch is really not better than the past update.
We have now a plenty of new bugs really more important than before and we just cannot played.

Just go back to the 1.0.0.2 or add an option for these 2 updates are available to works online.

Last edited:
I would also say if a hotfix isn't possible to make within 2 days then a rollback should be done. But as we are not having backups to rollback to easily, I think that would mean that everybody have to reinstall PZ. So this wouldn't be a solution. As I'm not expecting a hotfix anymore today, for me more important would be to release next patch on a monday, so that it is enough time to release a hotfix before a weekend.

If possible I'd love a roll back so that I can play over the weekend, I was gifted PZ as an early Birthday gift, so it would be nice to be able to play it on my actual birthday!

Today scrum topic :
- how to make the ed community collaborative again...

You really could have pay me to do your Q-C, I would have said yes! lol! ;)

I will also be back in a few weeks since reverting don't seems to be an option and as of now, the game is largely unplayable.
Remember you guys, not a devs problem, not the community managers fault either, it's management that should get the heat.. and they don't read those messages!

Last edited:
I think that perhaps the reason that some are having problems and some aren't depends on their zoo. The Sandbox zoo I was working on before 1.0.3 has become unplayable. Others experienced no problems. I started a new Sandbox Zoo last night to do some testing and didn't have any problems. Perhaps there was just so much in that patch that it was causing conflicts with what I had. For now, I'm just going to keep my new zoo closed and paused and play with building and terraforming. No guests, no animals, and no staff until I'm sure this won't happen again. The building system is working better than ever since the patch so I'll focus on that. Terraforming is freaking amazing in this game so that's safe to play with too. No way I'm going through this again with a zoo I put so much effort into. I'll save everything as blueprints and wait until Frontier finishes the game to the point it's just tweaks and addons. I hope they take their time and get it right.

The "fixes" and "additional features" should have been implemented before the game was released. Of course, it's free, do you think they should be charging us for fixing their unfinished game?

You never played Sims 4, did you?
A lot of the new sandbox features were based on feedback, that wasn't there before release. They already said they will include some more (vandalism turned off I believe) in a later update. I think that alone is proof enough that we are heard.

I agree that sometimes delaying is a better solution. But these days unfortunaetly isn't always possible due to reasons of marketing, investment, however. As you say yourself: Planet Zoo has great potential and I'm sure it will reach that sooner or later. I do too missing content and features we were promised we will get. But I see how much the devs are working their butts of here and I (seriously not short in critical words normally) just do not feel the need to complain yet. Maybe because I was too long in the claws of EA, I don't know.

With the time issue: They said that they are working on it and that's not as easy as it seems. I'm only getting worried if we still don't have a good solution for it before the first paid DLC comes out.

The problem with unfinished games like this is, that you are loosing players when you need weeks or month to bring it to "gold" status. Don't you think that potential new players aren't getting to know how bugged the game is and therefore not buying it? ...and so also not buying DLCs. Sure, you can do this when you are Rockstar or Bugthesda and have fanboys all over. Then it is no problem.

Top Bottom