PLEASE MAKE POWERPLAY IN "OPEN ONLY"

The whole point of Open only is to remove choice by PvP-gating the feature.

You are dodging the question:

What gameplay are you gating by making Powerplay Open only? What part of Powerplay is so brilliant and fun it would deny people the joy of playing it? The truth is Powerplay in the proposal makes sense and is a logical fit, while keeping it as it is simply condemns it to a continued zombie state.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
What gameplay are you gating by making Powerplay Open only? What part of Powerplay is so brilliant and fun it would deny people the joy of playing it? The truth is Powerplay in the proposal makes sense and is a logical fit, while keeping it as it is simply condemns it to a continued zombie state.
The whole of Powerplay for those who eschew PvP.

It need not be gated to be improved upon.

Since youre very heavy opinionated against this.

I have to ask, why dont you want to PVP? How does PVP impact you so much that none of this should be done?

Not interested or using a disability as an excuse is completely off the table as other disabled people PVP quite often and are quite good at it. A guy reached diamond in league only using his feet.

What I am asking is how and why is this such a big deal to people?

I dont understand.

No one has actually stated what this gameplay is. Is it the 3 tasks? Haul, kill and er....kill? Is it voting, sometimes totally blindly?

At a nuts and bolts level Powerplay is creaky and old. When it was introduced it was the first feature to give us 2D human faces, strategy above the BGS of the time, and so on.

Now, we have 3D avatars all over, a greatly enhanced BGS that has complexity and flexibility and ways to organise and communicate in game. All those together is Powerplay V2 in all but name.

In essence you are arguing to keep a zombie a zombie.

You continue to be blind then to FD wanting to limit time spent on Powerplay. The proposal is totally maths based, no additional assets of any kind unlike the massive reworks things like exploration had. While I'd love an update on that scale, its simply not coming. FD have shown us what they are prepared to do, its been sat there for ages and yet you hope for more.

Without Open the proposal plugs a few leaky holes in the design but does not move Powerplay any further out of the shadow of the BGS. And when you have the BGS as I describe no-wonder Powerplay is not popular.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Since youre very heavy opinionated against this.

I have to ask, why dont you want to PVP? How does PVP impact you so much that none of this should be done?
Simple. I have no interest in in the same instance PvP. I won't initiate it as I am not sure that any target actually wants to engage in it - and I'm not playing the game to waste my time being someone else's content for a few seconds, leading to quite a bit more than a few seconds to get back to the same position I was in before I encountered the other player. I'm not playing the game for adrenaline or other substances secreted by the body depending on sensory input.

Then there's the fact that I bought a game that does not require any player to engage in PvP after making sure that there was no requirement to do so.

Last edited:
Simple. I have no interest in in the same instance PvP. I won't initiate it as I am not sure that any target actually wants to engage in it - and I'm not playing the game to waste my time being someone else's content for a few seconds, leading to quite a bit more than a few seconds to get back to the same position I was in before I encountered the other player.

Then why are you pledging in a feature that makes you a target? In Powerplay combat rules are much looser.

Simple. I have no interest in in the same instance PvP. I won't initiate it as I am not sure that any target actually wants to engage in it - and I'm not playing the game to waste my time being someone else's content for a few seconds, leading to quite a bit more than a few seconds to get back to the same position I was in before I encountered the other player. I'm not playing the game for adrenaline or other substances secreted by the body depending on sensory input.

Then there's the fact that I bought a game that does not require any player to engage in PvP after making sure that there was no requirement to do so.

So much for not wanting to be peoples content. You've done more here than you would have in the game.

Its really not a big deal dying in a video game. Its only a big deal if you make it out to be.

All this tells me is you cant handle losing. And thats too bad Maynard.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
So much for not wanting to be peoples content. You've done more here than you would have in the game.
Forums are Open only....
Its really not a big deal dying in a video game. Its only a big deal if you make it out to be.
Of course it isn't - it is, however, a complete waste of my gaming time.
All this tells me is you cant handle losing. And thats too bad Maynard.
Whatever.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
But in the end the outcome is the same- you shoot them and try not to be killed.
.... or simply beat the interdiction. At least NPCs follow Frontier's rules of engagement. In a game where other players remain a completely optional extra, that's good enough for me.

Indeed - however NPCs follow frontiers coded rules as to how NPCs behave. Players, rather obviously, don't.

I'm not getting your drift. Can you explain these rules in a Powerplay context? The only one I can think of is if you have no merits or Powerplay bounty on you they yell at you and fly off.

Indeed - however NPCs follow frontiers coded rules as to how NPCs behave. Players, rather obviously, don't.
Which is the reason they are easier to beat....and that's the only difference between NPC and a player, the predictability. And the only outcome of that is making them easier to beat/evade, so you are basically saying exactly what Bob said you were.

Top Bottom