Please remove the 256 species limit

Is it actually removed? If so, thank you Planet Zoo team!! I hope this means that lots of future DLC packs are planned, I’m always so excited to see official species added in (and look at how phenomenally high quality the new animals from the Tropical Pack are)! As always, I bought the new pack the second it released.

But removing the limit is so helpful for us to add in everything we want to our zoos until they are added officially, and importantly the animals that never quite make it into a DLC pack. Thank you!

Just did some tests with the official release my friends. A huge thank-you to everyone who participated in this, we've fixed a huge issue in our community. Video to come soon, thank you all so much. And thank you to frontier. I know you guys can't outright acknowledge modding, but this is genuinely one of the reasons why I still play the game, not just for mods but for the community we've built around it, and to see this happen is incredible to have in our community. Thank you :) <3

Just did some tests with the official release my friends. A huge thank-you to everyone who participated in this, we've fixed a huge issue in our community. Video to come soon, thank you all so much. And thank you to frontier. I know you guys can't outright acknowledge modding, but this is genuinely one of the reasons why I still play the game, not just for mods but for the community we've built around it, and to see this happen is incredible to have in our community. Thank you :) <3
What, did they do it?

I hope that future PZ modding means making UXPs with full animals (including WEs and standard exhibits) and scenery...

(Full animals as in everything that has already been done in modding plus correct sounds)

I'm so happy they removed the limit. At some point, we're going to become completely dependent on mods if we want to add new species to the game. Of course I want more official released animals so that they can be added to Franchise zoos, but at some point waaaaay down the future (I hope), we'll probably be looking at only playing sandbox, once servers inevitably go offline (again, hopefully years and years from now, but at some point it will happen I'm sure.) So when we get to that point, mods will be even better than just being in one mod of play.

Oh I missed this. Fantastic! What is the upper limit now? Is there one? I'm still saving up mods for the End Times but I'm so happy about this and once again, blown away by the generosity of Frontier listening to their community so well and doing everything they can to make us happy. What a bunch of lovely people you all are on the PZ team at Frontier, I wish you all eternal floof and happiness 💚 ✨

Oh I missed this. Fantastic! What is the upper limit now? Is there one? I'm still saving up mods for the End Times but I'm so happy about this and once again, blown away by the generosity of Frontier listening to their community so well and doing everything they can to make us happy. What a bunch of lovely people you all are on the PZ team at Frontier, I wish you all eternal floof and happiness 💚 ✨
Not sure what the limit is but if you wanna find out we have over a few hundred new species haha

Hello,

I am writing this message because, simply put, I would like the 256 habitat species limit to be increased to a greater amount. For those not in the know, the game has a hard-coded limit of 256 habitat species. If more are added, the game starts removing animals alphabetically and by official release order

Thus, I would like to ask if Frontier could increase the species limit to a greater number such as 2048 or 4096. I'm aware there's no way the game can run with this many species but I think such an obscene size is good for future-proofing.

This also ties into my idea for smaller DLC's between the big 4 we get every year. However, since this is intended for animals that are fairly samey (think of the species most-often complained about in DLC threads), I cannot recommend this be taken unless the species number is increased.
So are you (or someone else) saying that Planet Zoo will have 256 species and subspecies including DLC packs, anniversaries and Deluxe (Komodo dragon, Thomson's gazelle and pygmy hippopotamus) altogether? If not, what?

So are you (or someone else) saying that Planet Zoo will have 256 species and subspecies including DLC packs, anniversaries and Deluxe (Komodo dragon, Thomson's gazelle and pygmy hippopotamus) altogether? If not, what?
No, I wanted Frontier to remove the limit for species so that mod users could as many as they pleased.

Top Bottom