Powerplay 2.0 deep dive - Frontier Live 27th March

"Are you an aspiring combat pilot seeking for excitement and spoils of war? Join the ranks of Zachary Hudson now, get 50% off rebuys (100% off if you die in a CZ!), get paid 50% extra for every enemy destroyed (100% if they’re a dirty imp!), travel the galaxy, meet new and interesting people—then shoot them! Don't delay, sign up today!"

"Hello, commander! Are you ever seeking out new ships to fly, new guns to shoot, better and bigger modules to do what you need be done? We at Sirius Corporation are the industrial powerhouse that can provide all that to you, and more! Get exclusive 20% discounts on ships and equipment in our stations—always the best stock in the galaxy! Increase your profits doing trade by flying under our flag and enjoy lowered insurance rates! Build up your dream fleet, starting today—sign your contract with Li Yong-Rui and join our family!"

And so on😛
Pretty much- someone who looks at the BGS and then PP will go- why the BGS?

I'll repeat my idea. Let unpledged commanders raid the stronghold carriers for PP modules, IMO much better than putting them at the tech broker (of course depending on how it's implemented).

Hmmm and how defenders can distinguish them from real enemies raiding a stronghold carrier? Killing = Notoriety + Bounties vs. PP bounties only?

Doesn't sound good, buddy :)
My thought was in solo/PG without having any actual impact on PP.

Just more exciting than a tech broker and possibly to get more people interested in PP.

Considering that unlocking Felicity just happens during normal gameplay from the very moment you make your first FSD jump as long as you remember to visit Universal Cartographics from time to time, and offers pretty decent boost for thrusters and shields along with FSD, I don't think saying "You should do some engineering" is driving off noobs🙂
Doubly so when G3 engineering is more than sufficient to deal with even high-end NPCs, and are easy enough to acquire. If you can’t kill level appropriate NPCs with a +50% bonus, a +55% bonus from G5s (requiring 5x the effort even for a single roll) isn’t going to help you any.

(edited to fix a missing word)

Last edited:
Sorry for reviving the topic but next week we should have a new Frontier Unlocked. Can we expect some new info about Powerplay and, again, what would you want to know from the Devs?

My personal requests are:
  • How the transition between old and new Powerplay will be managed?
  • Will the BGS influence Powerplay as it is today for triggers (I hope not)?
  • What about Powerplay modules?

Sorry for reviving the topic but next week we should have a new Frontier Unlocked. Can we expect some new info about Powerplay and, again, what would you want to know from the Devs?

My personal requests are:
  • How the transition between old and new Powerplay will be managed?
  • Will the BGS influence Powerplay as it is today for triggers (I hope not)?
  • What about Powerplay modules?
My guess for 1 is PPV1 bubbles will be collapsed down to control systems that will form strongholds and we carry on from that.

My guess for 1 is PPV1 bubbles will be collapsed down to control systems that will form strongholds and we carry on from that.
I think the same but don't you think it would be unfair to start a whole new game with so much different starting situations? I think that an hard reset would be better.

The other aspect will be larger powers will have more to defend, and that if I'm thinking right it will be harder for power blocks like ZYADA to help each other (at least not like today).
With new rules I think that the old alliances will have less sense, we don't even know how the Powers formally allied by lore (Empire and Federation Powers) will interact, it would be nice if every Power will be able to attack each other in different ways, it would simulate the struggle for influence between the different Powers for supremacy in their specific Superpower.

EDIT

And let's not forget that with new rules it will be really hard to even keep the old chain of command, every player (or group of players) will be able to follow their personal goals for their Powers. Which is the best part of new Powerplay in my opinion.

The other aspect will be larger powers will have more to defend, and that if I'm thinking right it will be harder for power blocks like ZYADA to help each other (at least not like today).
Well... Winters/Hudson have only 1 system contested, ZYADA inner contested numbers are quite relevant: the granny Torval has 59/143 systems contested vs. "allies and friends", the hair-cream Patty 44/72, the Bear only 17/126, the Blue Lady Duval 17/43, the old Lady Duval 33/57. Considering other powers, the smaller independents have few contested systems (Delaine 15, LYR 11, the bald hippie 19)... but green Mahon 88 (highest number is 44 vs Hudson). Looking at the feds, Hudson has the highest score with 178 contested (92 vs. the Bear) and Winters 122 (50 vs. the granny Torval).

Looks like the situation is going to be hot... 🤔 those numbers do also show how some powers have been mostly weaponised against others. And I guess some alliances are de facto a necessity, rather than an opportunity, due to the huge overlap [which resulted in an unavoidable stalemate as of today] of their respective bubbles.
(DISCLAIMER: the table below has been made very quickly so numbers are to be checked)

POWERCONTESTEDVersus Allies (Ex-Contested)
Aisling Duval43: 13 ALD/2 DP/2 EM/24 FW/2 ZT
17​
Arissa Lavigny-Duval57: 13 AiD/1 DP/2 EM/21 FW/19 ZT/1 FW-ZT
33​
Archon Delaine15: 4 DP/10 PA/1 YG
0​
Denton Patreus72: 2 AiD/4 AD/1 ALD/5 FW/9 YG/18 ZH/1 ZH-ZT/32 ZT
44​
Edmund Mahon88: 2 AD/2 AiD/17 FW/3 FW-ZT/12 YG/44 ZH/3 ZH-ZT/5 ZT
0​
Felicia Winters122: 24 AD/21 AiD/1 AiD-ZT/5 DP/17 EM/3 EM-ZT/1 ZH/50 ZT
1​
Li Yong-Rui11: 6 PA/1 YG/4 ZH
0​
Pranav Antal19: 10 AD/6 LYR/3 YG
0​
Yuri Grom126: 1 AD/9 DP/12 EM/1 LYR/3 PA/92 ZH/8 ZT
17​
Zachary Hudson178: 18 DP/1 DP-ZT/44 EM/3 EM-ZT/1 FW/92 YG/19 ZT
1​
Zemina Torval143: 2 AD/19 AiD/1 AiD-FW/32 DP/1 DP-ZH/5 EM/3 EM-FW/3 EM-ZH/50 FW/8 YG/19 ZH
59​

Last edited:
Top Bottom