Powerplay 2.0 deep dive - Frontier Live 27th March

Well... Winters/Hudson have only 1 system contested, ZYADA inner contested numbers are quite relevant: the granny Torval has 59/143 systems contested vs. "allies and friends", the hair-cream Patty 44/72, the Bear only 17/126, the Blue Lady Duval 17/43, the old Lady Duval 33/57. Considering other powers, the smaller independents have few contested systems (Delaine 15, LYR 11, the bald hippie 19)... but green Mahon 88 (highest number is 44 vs Hudson). Looking at the feds, Hudson has the highest score with 178 contested (92 vs. the Bear) and Winters 122 (50 vs. the granny Torval).

Looks like the situation is going to be hot... 🤔 those numbers do also show how some powers have been mostly weaponised against others. And I guess some alliances are de facto a necessity, rather than an opportunity, due to the huge overlap [which resulted in an unavoidable stalemate as of today] of their respective bubbles.
(DISCLAIMER: the table below has been made very quickly so numbers are to be checked)

POWERCONTESTEDVersus Allies (Ex-Contested)
Aisling Duval43: 13 ALD/2 DP/2 EM/24 FW/2 ZT
17​
Arissa Lavigny-Duval57: 13 AiD/1 DP/2 EM/21 FW/19 ZT/1 FW-ZT
33​
Archon Delaine15: 4 DP/10 PA/1 YG
0​
Denton Patreus72: 2 AiD/4 AD/1 ALD/5 FW/9 YG/18 ZH/1 ZH-ZT/32 ZT
44​
Edmund Mahon88: 2 AD/2 AiD/17 FW/3 FW-ZT/12 YG/44 ZH/3 ZH-ZT/5 ZT
0​
Felicia Winters122: 24 AD/21 AiD/1 AiD-ZT/5 DP/17 EM/3 EM-ZT/1 ZH/50 ZT
1​
Li Yong-Rui11: 6 PA/1 YG/4 ZH
0​
Pranav Antal19: 10 AD/6 LYR/3 YG
0​
Yuri Grom126: 1 AD/9 DP/12 EM/1 LYR/3 PA/92 ZH/8 ZT
17​
Zachary Hudson178: 18 DP/1 DP-ZT/44 EM/3 EM-ZT/1 FW/92 YG/19 ZT
1​
Zemina Torval143: 2 AD/19 AiD/1 AiD-FW/32 DP/1 DP-ZH/5 EM/3 EM-FW/3 EM-ZH/50 FW/8 YG/19 ZH
59​
What I mean is: unless the control system itself is contested (i.e. it overlaps, which IIRC is impossible) all the above will vanish because it will be stripped away. So unless powers expand the same (PP V1) exploited systems the 'topography' will be different.

What I mean is: unless the control system itself is contested (i.e. it overlaps, which IIRC is impossible) all the above will vanish because it will be stripped away. So unless powers expand the same (PP V1) exploited systems the 'topography' will be different.
Gotcha, so all those contested systems will (or should) be gone at PP 2.0 launch (even if they decide to keep controlling as strongholds?).

Thats what I'm guessing. Whats unknown is how V2 will deal with powers who live in poor areas- The King and Quiche Lover for example.
Well making the assumption that strongholds will have a 15ly radius of influence as control systems have now, I don't think it will be that much of a problem to cover even the systems that right now are mathematically unfavourable to cover (that's because even low density areas will matter, even if less than high density areas of course, but at least they will be not loss makers anymore). Of course no more "let's expand to the Pleiades!" insanity, ahahahah!

Well making the assumption that strongholds will have a 15ly radius of influence as control systems have now, I don't think it will be that much of a problem to cover even the systems that right now are mathematically unfavourable to cover (that's because even low density areas will matter, even if less than high density areas of course, but at least they will be not loss makers anymore). Of course no more "let's expand to the Pleiades!" insanity, ahahahah!
What I mean is: the value of systems dictates how well they score on the galactic standing. The only reason small powers shoot up the ranks is because they prep or expand in a largely static game.

Well, I think they are going to talk about Elite Dangerous and, considering the Python MK II has already been released, there's just PP2 and new engineering they coud talk about, so...
As far as I remember the previous stream there they mentioned the T8 at the end, and for it to sell well it will also be similar to the FDL as the Python Mk2.

As far as I remember the previous stream there they mentioned the T8 at the end, and for it to sell well it will also be similar to the FDL as the Python Mk2.
I think we've had this conversation before, but I don't think it needs to be a combat focused vessel to sell well. There's plenty of players who do stuff other than combat.

I think we've had this conversation before, but I don't think it needs to be a combat focused vessel to sell well. There's plenty of players who do stuff other than combat.
Yeah, we've had this conversation before, but time's running out.
The T8 is clearly smaller than the T9 as a freighter. Can you name me any middle class that as many people as possible would be willing to shell out 33K arcs for it now ? I have no idea.

Yeah, we've had this conversation before, but time's running out.
The T8 is clearly smaller than the T9 as a freighter. Can you name me any middle class that as many people as possible would be willing to shell out 33K arcs for it now ? I have no idea.
If it's a medium alternative to a Python Mk.I or Krait Mk.II in the multirole space I think it'd do well; perhaps slightly more cargo potential than a Python, but less firepower/armour. Alternatively an exploration biased ship with the SCO optimisations would also sell quite well I feel.

If it's a medium alternative to a Python Mk.I or Krait Mk.II in the multirole space I think it'd do well; perhaps slightly more cargo potential than a Python, but less firepower/armour. Alternatively an exploration biased ship with the SCO optimisations would also sell quite well I feel.
I don't think optimizing SСO is going to make many people pay 33K arхs for it.

If it's a medium alternative to a Python Mk.I or Krait Mk.II in the multirole space I think it'd do well; perhaps slightly more cargo potential than a Python, but less firepower/armour.
My own naughty take on the T-8 is that it will be a P2 with all of the slots back in, maybe slightly more cargo than the P1, with less firepower (maybe 2*C3, 2*C2 & 2*C1 hardpoints)
Alternatively an exploration biased ship with the SCO optimisations would also sell quite well I feel.
Possibly ships 3 & 4 will be explorer & miner.
All SCO native ships.

I don't think optimizing SСO is going to make many people pay 33K arхs for it.
That depends. Basic pre-builts are 16k ARX. The premium variants at 33k come with ship-kits, paintjobs and preinstalled modules. I'd spend 16k ARX for an SCO optimised explorer just to mix up my options. I didn't plump for the full-fat Python Mk.II Stellar, as I didn't like the paint or ship kit, and like building my own ships, so it wasn't worth the excess to me. 16k for pretty much any ship will always be tempting to me though, I like trying new ship builds constantly.

Its going to be what the Python Mk 1 was to the Python Mk 2- a SCO enabled trader with added stability and hopefully medium pad size.
Even if they add fighters to Python1 and make it optimal for SСO I don't think it will make people shell out 33k.

When Python Mk2 was released it wasn't much better than FDL and Mamba, and if they break the balance and bury Python1 then maybe this ship will be in demand.

Again following the example of the Clipper it could be a big ship with great speed and maneuverability...

Top Bottom