Patch Notes Update Premium Beta Released

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I just got the new launcher and have an 'upgrade' button.

Can someone tell me how big the download is?

I only have 353mb of my 10gb left this month , if I go over, my net is cut off.

I suspect its larger than that, so I'll wait and see if anyone knows.

The recent previous Alpha bullds have been around 1.5Gb in size. At least next month is only Sunday (if you're billed that way!)

The Alpha 4.03 has been very stable for me. The game is definitely playable, don't mind the naysayers.

Congratulations FD :)

I take it that the Premium beta is for lack of a better description Alpha 4.04. are we still flying around inside a 200LY bubble.

<Comment removed>

"Beta, named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet, is the software development phase following alpha. It generally begins when the software is feature complete."

Feature complete. Which Prem.Beta is clearly not.

I asked the same thing a while ago : http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15475

The way Elite Dangerous is (in part) funded and developed means it isnt really following the standard model/processes.

I personally am not worrying about that, it is on it way and is progressing nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
The premium beta build has now been released. Please make sure to report all bugs through the support tickets available through the launcher.

The build has a few changes from the last tested Alpha build:

- Commodity tweaks and balance pass
- Fix for some black market issues
- Additional cargo sanity checks
- Fix for jettisoning cargo
- Updated backdrop

Thanks!

Michael

First Off, Congratulations to the Frontier Team for delivering Premium Beta 1!!

I am a little disappointed that not much has changed from Alpha 4; but this is the start of a much longer journey as more and more new features are rolled out.

I have no doubt that much work has been done behind the scenes to handle far more players etc.

I can't wait to see what is coming soon!!

On a slightly more disappointing note, I just had my first crash to disk in Beta 1 :mad:

I was just on the point of making my first kill near Eranin when the game crashed!! Sob!

Oh well, crash report submitted and ticket raised!!

Keep up the good work and I hope you enjoyed the cake!! Well done to those who contributed that!!

Thanks Guys!

Downloaded! I cannot wait to get home and play this game. I can honestly say that I have waited 20 years to play this game :). I approach this Beta with twice the excitement if not wonder that I did back in Oct 93. Why does an 8 hour work day seem so much longer today?! :D

Interesting.

Well finally playing the Beta. Very interesting how much has changed since Alpha 1.1 ... I'd had difficulty getting my Xbox 360 controller working as I had in the Alpha. However It sure is a big step forwards.
G.

Are only "Closed" tickets fixed in this build, or also those marked as "Resolved". Just wondering because one that is "Resolved" (7229) still occured to me in the Beta 1 Build.

Edit: Just checked, one closed ticket (6285) also still not fixed in the released build.

<Comment removed>

"Beta, named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet, is the software development phase following alpha. It generally begins when the software is feature complete."

Feature complete. Which Prem.Beta is clearly not.

I was genuinely just asking! Jaysus. Normally the forum in here is easy going?

Anyway,wont be trying anything myself tonight until way after beer oclock. Have fun y'all! :)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom