Patch Notes Update Premium Beta Released

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
How do I get it? My account only shows the alpha client as downloadable :S

Nevermind. Apparently that was the thing to get.

I believe you are basing this on nothing but your opinion that you should have had exclusive access for much longer.

Seriously do you have any experience of development at all?

I think it is the bug that Solo has been referring to in the Alpha forum when dropping/scooping cannisters between ships where you ended up with extra cannisters after a 'trade' of them.

What are the 5 small tweaks? Whats the definition of a Beta?

<Comment removed>

"Beta, named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet, is the software development phase following alpha. It generally begins when the software is feature complete."

Feature complete. Which Prem.Beta is clearly not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the new launcher and have an 'upgrade' button.

Can someone tell me how big the download is?

I only have 353mb of my 10gb left this month , if I go over, my net is cut off.

I suspect its larger than that, so I'll wait and see if anyone knows.

Sorry to be blunt but, what a load of tosh! I find the game very stable and come across very few bugs. I see no need to be negative here when loads of new beta folk are excited to get into the game.

They first tested single player with dogfight
Then they tested mutiplayer with dogfight
Then added docking
Then added a small region of space and hyperdrive

The game is "complete" - in an Alpha meaning.

They now have the basics, and have had them tested.

The game is complete, but not finished.

They will begin to add ships, planets, and everything else. And in order to test a bigger environment they need a bigger group of testers.

I think it is a good milestone to mark the difference between alpha and beta

<Comment Removed>

"Beta, named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet, is the software development phase following alpha. It generally begins when the software is feature complete."

It *generally* begins...There's no iron set definition of beta :)

<Comment Removed>:

Think of Premium Beta as Alpha+ if you like,

Anyway we are in now and you are not getting rid of us, Muhahaha :p

I fail to see how 5 small tweaks constitutes a jump from Alpha to Beta. FD I really don't think you are taking the Alpha/Beta terminology seriously and are simply using it for marketing purposes and to fulfil obligations set down by your kickstarter goals. I would have expected beta to include a significant jump in features and stability.
]<Comment Removed>:

<Comment Removed>:

If you are not happy with the beta features, why don't you hold off playing until the game fulfills your standards?

Thanks for the work, Frontier! Can't wait to try it :D

8eabb9f08469b6ce88db7964b6a6ac9e.jpg

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom