PvP Screenshots! Remember to blur out pilot names!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
You know, Hitler had a pretty different opinion to me, don't like him much.

(obviously not comparing you to Hitler, lets not lose perspective, just trying to prove a point.)

It's when someone lives by such an opposing moral view that I get irritated.

(obviously not comparing you to Hitler, lets not lose perspective, just trying to prove a point.)

Okay, I'll ignore the fact you're comparing me to Hitler. You need to realize it's a video game. There is no moral view in this. I'm just playing the game to have fun.

Do you honestly think PvPers have a different moral outlook on life? What an absolutely absurd view. Do you think the people who play Grand theft auto are murderers too?

Okay, I'll ignore the fact you're comparing me to Hitler. You need to realize it's a video game. There is no moral view in this. I'm just playing the game to have fun.

Did you even read my post???

"obviously not comparing you to Hitler, lets not lose perspective, just trying to prove a point"

If a player can't grasp that winning (avoiding pirates) and losing (blowing up to pirates) is part of the game, then perhaps they should play games that encourage no competition whatsoever.
The problem is, acting like that is not competition. In a Starcraft or Battlefield or football or soccer match everyone agree one side is losing. In Dark Souls you agree to die 1000 times. In ED you agree losing your ship in a dogfight, to bugs or to own misbehavior. You don't agree to lose your ship to players who exploit* game mechanics.

I agree that it is good those things are revealed now by players trying everything what is possible. (However I disagree with the attitude of the OP since he is not able to recognize basic social group mechanics.)

*a no fire zone should be a no fire zone

Last edited:
Space police do run around and scan you down and WILL attack you if you're wanted. I just finished up one of the "kill 3 civilian ships" at Beagle landing and on my way back I got engaged.
lmyc7Ps.jpg

Do you honestly think PvPers have a different moral outlook on life? What an absolutely absurd view. Do you think the people who play Grand theft auto are murderers too?

YOU ARE NOT JUST A PVPer, if they wanted PVP they wouldn't be in a no fire zone. Deliberately making people feel bad when they didn't ask for it is a moral issue, no matter what form of media it is in.

Did you even read my post???

"obviously not comparing you to Hitler, lets not lose perspective, just trying to prove a point"

You clearly are comparing me to Hitler in your post, but did you even read mine? I said I would ignore it.

Hey look! This thread has reached an all-time low. Godwin's law finally came into effect: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1". That is all. Please carry on as I finish making my popcorn :smilie:

YOU ARE NOT JUST A PVPer, if they wanted PVP they wouldn't be in a no fire zone. Deliberately making people feel bad when they didn't ask for it is a moral issue, no matter what form of media it is in.

I am a PvPer. I killed another player. There is no morality to this, dude, it's a video game.

What? So it's wrong to stand up for my own moral view? I am not in any way physically harming this guy, I am simply posting on a public forum.

But there is no morality in this. It's a video game. You don't like my play style. That's all there is to it, but I'm not an evil person because I play differently.

On another note, are all the people who play grand theft auto murderers? Because that's what you're saying.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom