Python Mk II & Updates To The Gamestore

• Python MK II +
  • Pre-build ships (good idea) +
  • Powerplay rework +
  • Engineering mat gather balancing +
  • Python MK II locked behind ARX paywall for non-Odyssey players (please allow them to play the game as anyone else, make it available for credits) ---
Many people who claimed they wanted to support the game the most, honest guv, complained that Horizons ships weren't playable if you didn't buy Horizons. Frontier just solved that dilemma by giving those same self proclaimed ardentest of ardent supporters of the game a way to not miss out when it comes to Odyssey ships.

Interested yes, supporting, no. Not a ship that is not available any other way, even if it is just for 3 months. I'm ok with the preconfigured ship packages. You can buy and build the very same ships ingame.
Of which you have exactly illustrated the point. I doubt I'll be buying prebuilt ships, ship engineering is in a reasonable place for me but for those who claim its nothing but grind to do so have now been given the opportunity to circumvent most/all of it in a way that makes Frontier money and also might kill the black market selling of pre-engineered accounts.

Also, for those slamming P2W, you should really check out how World Of Tanks is regarding that. Literally purchasable tanks are in 80% of the cases better than their counterparts purchasable with in game credits.
To be fair, that's exactly the fear that Frontier need allay, that Elite isn't going to end up like that.

They are literally using the exact same arguments. Whether you think CIG's P2W crap is far crappier than ED's P2W crap (which I would agree with fwiw) is irrelevant. I am looking at the arguments used to defend both.
The same argument, but for different situations degrees of severity that aren't pertinent to one another but somehow you are adamant that they are linked together to tarnish with the same brush because they "sound exactly like SC fans."

The same argument, but for different situations degrees of severity that aren't pertinent to one another but somehow you are adamant that they are linked together to tarnish with the same brush because they "sound exactly like SC fans."
Okay, this clearly is a touchy topic for you. Not interested in that, so feel free to be as outraged as you want by my observation. Ciao!

Star Citizen inside...:mad:
55,000 dollars for a kit of all ships, many of which are vapour-ware and will never be released, with many of the rest being hopelessly buggy? Nah. :D

(To clarify: My beef is not with charging money for in-game content. That's a business decision. FDEV have running costs (servers etc.). However, charging through the nose for ships, including ones that are buggier than a bullfrog's breakfast, or even only exist on paper, that's something making me close my wallet faster than a heavy drinker finishes his first shot of the day...)

Last edited:
Personally, I believe that an older, niche game should be extremely cautious about alienating their existing player base in the hopes of attracting new players. I just feel that the potential for a surge in new players is not very high; at least not enough to warrant chasing off existing players.
How is giving potential new players the option to get a pre-built ship for their chosen area of interest going to alienate or chase off existing players?

If existing players didn't engage with Engineering previously they can choose to continue to ignore it or get one of the packages themselves if they want to; it's still their choice. If they have already unlocked Engineers then they will have access to better modules* than are available in the pre-built ships (and hopefully enjoyed playing the game while they were doing so).

Likewise with the Python II, existing players will either have enough ARX earned through playing the game already, be excited enough to spend money to get it sooner, or patient enough to wait.

*with the obvious exception of the G5 Dirty/Drag Thrusters in the AX Chieftain

Last edited:
Top Bottom