Python Mk II & Updates To The Gamestore

Mine is perfect for me, as I have little interest in spending many hours doing AX combat, but a "Top Tier" player would probably be in tears that I dare to fly it.
Or take the tried-and-true beams'n'multis 'Vette that is supposed to be the most efficient non-AX PvE combat ship. Right. Whatever. Boring. Cannons on my Chief go "Booom!" and rockets/packhounds go "Whooosh-Bang!" while I keep the nose of my ship glued to the power plant of that 'Conda🤪

The issue in that statement is that "correct design" is a matter of interpretation, top tier players will sneer at them, that is already happening with the AX pre-built, and average players may not need that build.
The onus is on the purchaser to decide if the build is "correct enough" to buy.
I'm sorry, I don't agree with you.
For example, I saw a video yesterday of a man testing a similar build and 5 acid catapults were enough to fly to Titan (1 left).
Another person had 2 left. Given that the rebuy is 0 I don't consider it a special mistake, maybe it's a one way ticket ?
Then eventually you could add more charges there or put one next to it in place of the AХ scanner.
But if, for example, the ring scanner affects the amount of mining and it is not in the assembly, this is just a special error and I would not like to see such a thing.

However, unless FDev changes things around, by the end of the year (earlier actually) titans will be no more - so titan bombers will be a thing of the past - so.. waaaay to many emphasis on the fact that the AX Chief is not the perfect titan bomber (it has AX MC instead of AX missiles - how dare they?!?!)
Well, I'm with you in expecting strange decisions from FDev, but completely canning fine gameplay with great assets that took a year or more developing? No way even them acting so dense. They can always open up Col70 and populate it with maelstroms, would nicely fit the lore IMHO.

Well, I'm with you in expecting strange decisions from FDev, but completely canning fine gameplay with great assets that took a year or more developing? No way even them acting so dense. They can always open up Col70 and populate it with maelstroms, would nicely fit the lore IMHO.

Well, it's an event - and usually FDev event have a finality
Since i joined by the end of 2018 i missed all the epic things that happened before that

It's bound that some player will miss the titans like they missed them while they were converging on the bubble
Although i do like the idea with Col 70 - it's rather improbable for them thargs to have an infinite supplies of Titans

Excuse me if this has been covered already but what happens to the ship you paid real-money for if you do a clear save? I mean has a dev clarified this, not "what do you think should happen to..."?

Excuse me if this has been covered already but what happens to the ship you paid real-money for if you do a clear save? I mean has a dev clarified this, not "what do you think should happen to..."?
Not mentioned as I recall, what happens to cosmetics in that situation?

The only real answer is: No, this has not been clarified explicitely by a dev or CM.

The other answer is: What happens will be probably the same as with everything else you buy with ARX, you keep it over a cleared save.

Or take the tried-and-true beams'n'multis 'Vette that is supposed to be the most efficient non-AX PvE combat ship. Right. Whatever. Boring. Cannons on my Chief go "Booom!" and rockets/packhounds go "Whooosh-Bang!" while I keep the nose of my ship glued to the power plant of that 'Conda🤪
"supposed to be the most efficient"
Says who?

I thought I went over this in excessive length already with you in the other thread? Repeating that it's "supposed to be the most efficient" is just outright misinforming other players happening across the thread, at this point.

The beams'n'multis Vette required an update as NPCs learned to bank more often and better. Now two small cascade rails are in the mix :)
The thing with this is
  • NPCs don't always take SCBs
  • when they do, the SCBs are often undersized, for shields that aren't that strong anyway
  • railguns are high damage output especially relative to hardpoint size (like, you can slot medium railguns in huge slots and not suffer in effective DPS in practice in a Corvette)
  • dedicating any weapon hardpoint (especially one that can be high damage output) to a niche situational counter is a net loss in overall damage output
  • the obvious point that you can't use plasma slugs and cascade at the same time

Unless you're specifically doing a dedicated wing assassination/spec-ops-hunting project, it's genuinely not that great to use cascade rails in most PvE scenarios.

Everything else bought on the Arx store is account-bound, not commander-bound. I hope they don't change that just for ships.

I'd also like to know how delivery is going to be handled. Will a ship purchased on the Arx store be delivered, or do we still have to retrieve it in game?

Last edited:
I was quite underwhelmed by the 2 huge plasma set up on my ‘vette … quickly switched for huge beams!!
Dual huge plasmas would be nice to use, if NPCs didn't just outright cheat when you aim at them (very easy to test, they start bobbing and weaving unusually any time you paint your reticule over them), additionally cheat when you use fixed projectile-based weapons (essentially forcing you to have full distance control over combat in order to make such weapons effective, which the Corvette does not), and if you didn't need to deal with so many smaller/agile targets like pesky Viper IIIs much of the time. If you can land the shots all the time, then yeah, they're nice, but... other more widely applicable and viable options exist. Huge beams are a nice all-rounder.

Top Bottom