Python Mk II & Updates To The Gamestore

It's my understanding that modules that come with a prebuilt ship are only usable in that ship and no other. So no such luck.

Ok haven't seen anything in regard to that myself but I haven't watched and read everything about that's been put out, maybe missed it.

Supposedly we get the other sizes and letter grade SCO FSD's next week. We shall see. And the 5A SCO FSD is engineerable.

I still like LSD instead of SCO FSD. LSD = Ludicrous Speed Drive

That will be...useful. I find the SCO almost essential in exploration now, it saves so much time on in-system exploration that it's almost worth the loss of range just having a 4C in my T6, but if I can have a 4A engineered SCO that will be brilliant!

That will be...useful. I find the SCO almost essential in exploration now, it saves so much time on in-system exploration that it's almost worth the loss of range just having a 4C in my T6, but if I can have a 4A engineered SCO that will be brilliant!
Yeah, I am really hoping they do become available. I also hope we get some GalNet's on it, as Sirius Corp should have something to say about it

So based on one of the partner youtube videos (
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TktUZZPqlM
), I made a mock-up of a P2's internals for the sake of power management, using what I consider an average-to-conservative level of power requirements. https://edsy.org/s/v0xqoQC

The thing can't even power a full suite of weapons + shield boosters + shield generator. I stopped there when I saw it couldn't fit any additional power-drawing modules in optional slots.

In fact, it looks like they just took the internals of the FDL/Mamba, bumped the size 5 optional to a 6, and added another large weapon hardpoint for no apparent reason, and then chose to give it the looks and name of a Python, even though it has NONE of the Python's capability in any role.

This thing is going to be dead on arrival without better thought put into the outfitting balance of this ship.
1. As for AХ, Earth-based AХ weapons have low power consumption.
2. As for PvP, it's the usual 6 frag guns or 4 peacekeepers + rails.
3. And don't forget PP guards add 5% energy ....

Using a 2C in a sidewinder for in system bio exploration, a 5A would go perfectly in my Asp for normal exploration.

If engineering them is allowed, 5A SCO drives shall be the new meta for exploration—G5 increased range, mass manager will push jumprange past v1 double-engineered FSD. SCO ones have higher base optimized mass and extra .2 tons of fuel per jump🙂 My long-range Phantom would gain extra 2 ly, from ~70 to ~72 ly😎

This is only hearsay, but on a stream last night the partner said engineering for the SCO drive will come next week along with the Python. What's unclear is if and when the other classes of SCO drives will become available for other ships than the Python II.
Ghost Giraffe stream put an A class SCO in the Original Python (44:30), so while not confirmed, it's at least a good indication. The only thing I've not personally seen is someone put an A class SCO in a non-Python Mk2 and see if the straight line instability is higher/worse compared to a C class as some sort of weird balance for the increased range and to "encourage" Python Mk2 purchases.

We'll have to wait and see. What I have heard is that yes, the SCO drives will become engineerable, but they'll still all be class C, with the full range from size 2 to size 7 becoming available. I consider this the most likely, as it would just be very strange if the SCOs became best for SC and jump range,

Last edited:
Ghost Giraffe stream put an A class SCO in the Original Python (44:30), so while not confirmed, it's at least a good indication. The only thing I've not personally seen is someone put an A class SCO in a non-Python Mk2 and see if the straight line instability is higher/worse compared to a C class as some sort of weird balance for the increased range and to "encourage" Python Mk2 purchases.
Good info on being able to put them on other ships, but what I meant: The 5A SCO seems to become available with a P2 prebuild next week, but it is unclear if or when it will be available as a normal store item, or if it will stay a unicorn module of the P2 for a while.

We'll have to wait and see. What I have heard is that yes, the SCO drives will become engineerable, but they'll still all be class C, with the full range from size 1 to size 7 becoming available. I consider this the most likely, as it would just be very strange if the SCOs became best for SC and jump range,
I would understand that, and wouldn't be surprised by that, but that would leave very little for me personally to come out of the past/coming few weeks from a new ship, pre-builts and new FSD's. Just business as usual for me I guess, I hope I'm in the minority and FDEV get some Arx purchases/new players from all this.

We'll have to wait and see. What I have heard is that yes, the SCO drives will become engineerable, but they'll still all be class C, with the full range from size 2 to size 7 becoming available. I consider this the most likely, as it would just be very strange if the SCOs became best for SC and jump range,

I, would doubt that personally, because if that was the case the Python pre-engineered coming with a 5A SCO would indeed be a pay to win feature, I can't see them putting anything into the pre-engineered ships that can't be obtained in game with some work. But we will have to wait and see I suppose, but the Python 2 being the only ship that can possibly come with a 5A SCO drive? Seems a bit suss to me!

Watched a streamer last night with a P mk2 and put on a SCO with fuel tanks in All optional modules cruising with SCO on, temp was slow to increase and cruised at 5,700c and didn't switch it off!!
Just used a few heat sinks.
He got to over 1,800,000ls from Jameson's in Shinrata until fuel ran out!!!! (well, 5% remaining).
Was on Test server, not in live or open.

I'm getting one!!!

Watched a streamer last night with a P mk2 and put on a SCO with fuel tanks in All optional modules cruising with SCO on, temp was slow to increase and cruised at 5,700c and didn't switch it off!!
Just used a few heat sinks.
He got to over 1,800,000ls from Jameson's in Shinrata until fuel ran out!!!! (well, 5% remaining).
Was on Test server, not in live or open.

I'm getting one!!!
I sense a few Hutton run records falling next week.

We'll have to wait and see. What I have heard is that yes, the SCO drives will become engineerable, but they'll still all be class C, with the full range from size 2 to size 7 becoming available.

From watching numerous partner streams, and seeing some stream comments from FD staff, it seems clear that engineering on C rated SCO drives will be available in a week's time.

The position on A rated SCO is less clear.

One partner streamer is confidently announcing A rated SCO will be available for all to buy at the same time SCO engineering arrives.

Another partner streamer is just as confident that A rated SCO will not arrive until further down the road.

In the game build partners are using, all SCO drives are engineerable, can be bought for credits in all ratings, and the A rated can be engineered to give better range than the pre-engineered V1 FSD (though we don't know for sure that the stats will be the same when A rated SCO and SCO engineering arrive in the live game.)

One FDev staffer I saw, asked about the A rated SCO arrival time, said they couldn't comment on that, but that more information would be coming very soon and the C rated ones would be engineerable in a week.

It's a fairly confused picture at the moment, and IMO FDev would do well to get some definitive info out ASAP.

One FDev staffer I saw, asked about the A rated SCO arrival time, said they couldn't comment on that, but that more information would be coming very soon and the C rated ones would be engineerable in a week.
Releasing C rated engineerable FSDs now and the A rated later would just waste people's time by making them engineer soon-to-be-obseolete C rated SCO FSDs would be a what move.

Releasing A rated engineerable FSDs with the python mk2 to built up hype for the game to get veterans back in the game by shouting from the rooftops that FSD ranges have been increased overall would be a good move.

50/50 on which path they take.

Releasing C rated engineerable FSDs now and the A rated later would just waste people's time by making them engineer soon-to-be-obseolete C rated SCO FSDs would be a what move.

Releasing A rated engineerable FSDs with the python mk2 to built up hype for the game to get veterans back in the game by shouting from the rooftops that FSD ranges have been increased overall would be a good move.

50/50 on which path they take.
Agreed. I'm not sure I like the idea of A rated SCO's being universally better than Sirius FSD's, combined with engineering capability. Engineering the C rated units is a nice improvement though, although I think you're right that introducing A rated variants later will result in frustration.

I'd personally like to see it limited to the C rated units with engineering, and hopefully these A rated ones are simply for the sandbox, but I guess time will tell.

Top Bottom