Python Mk II & Updates To The Gamestore

Well I haven't fully engineered and optimized it but took it for a run at hadad.
Even a bit warmer than the 25 that is recommended the thing didn't even see my approach or at least didn't do anything about it.
Casually shot out three vents then down to the bottom to pop the popcorn.
Nothing got me except the caustics on the way in.
Speaking of which, this thing is pretty zippy. Got in real fast.

Well I haven't fully engineered and optimized it but took it for a run at hadad.
Even a bit warmer than the 25 that is recommended the thing didn't even see my approach or at least didn't do anything about it.
Casually shot out three vents then down to the bottom to pop the popcorn.
Nothing got me except the caustics on the way in.
Speaking of which, this thing is pretty zippy. Got in real fast.
If I understand you correctly, you should be able to do the same thing on FDL. At least I do.

I, for one, believe that shooting people, even NPC's, should not be an entertainment.
We disagree, which is fine.
People who do this for real are psychopaths.
What, shoot NPCs? (sorry, we are in a game forum, so RL doesn't have much bearing in game)
Its no laughing matter.
NPCs being murdered really is, for me!
I do not believe this is emotionally healthy
Perhaps playing games with zero violent interactions might protect your emotional health?
and the sanity of human life should be upheld.
Sanity of human life?
Take a look at recorded history for the last couple of thousand years.

You can already see it on here. "I'm going to buy it, and I don't care what anyone thinks." "If you don't like it, don't buy it." ... This is not helpful or constructive; it's just arrogance. If you're in a position where you can pay real money for early/exclusive access to new ships (which have until now been available to all players day 1 for in-game money), then you're in a privileged position and it's not really your place to tell other people how to think or feel about the situation.
I bought it, and honestly don't care what anyone else thinks. I'm not rich, on a pension, even, so privelege? Maybe... Or maybe I only spend my money on things I consider will give value to me?
FDev needs to hear from those who are upset, because if nobody raises concerns (and it is a concerning situation), then they'll continue to get away with making such bold changes with abandon (ARX value decrease, etc.).
I don't disagree. But they also need to hear from players who have some positivity, even if that may be considered loathsome by some.
I just wish for very specific spending for cosmetics only.
Which you are still able to do, just buy cosmetics with your Arx, I agree entirly that it is your choic as an individual to do just that.
Just to be clear, I'm saying this kind of exclusivity paid for with real money, and the resulting fragmented/disgruntled community are bad things.
Paying real money to be entertained, in any manner, will always be a bone of contention between those who choose to and those who, for whatever reason, choose not.
Finding viable ways to support the game is not the customer's duty.
Agree 100%
Exactly the same as the customer decides how they might spend their money. Buying non-essentials has always been a luxury and the decision of the individual, I can't afford a top of the range Tesla, so I haven't bought one. I know others who have though...
Buyin it as prebuilt is more expensive then Star Citizen because there you can walk around in it
And die doing so, many times?
ETA: But at least I bought the P2 pre-build when the gasme was updating, and was able to play with the ship as soon as I got in-game... How many ships in SC cost a lot of money and only exist as a picture to date?
and soon engineering
... and soon a released game?
Sorry, we all dream... I gave CIG the price of an AAA game years ago, it remains in alpha after 12 years...

Last edited:
When is the maintenance supposed to end ?
(2 maintenances in 3 days for a near full day each is frustrating to say the least - from the UTC+2 perspective)

Edit: I was able to play 3 hours after the start of the maintenance

Last edited:
If you buy the Python Mk II Stellar and engineer the modules it comes with do any rebuys keep the engineering, or do you have to re-engineer after each rebuy?

Sorry if this has been clarified already but the Search box couldn't find an answer when I tried.

If you buy the Python Mk II Stellar and engineer the modules it comes with do any rebuys keep the engineering, or do you have to re-engineer after each rebuy?

Sorry if this has been clarified already but the Search box couldn't find an answer when I tried.
As far as I know (I have not tried it), on rebuy you get the ship exactly as it was when it was destroyed, you just have to pay for the insurance of anything you added or modified.

Hi :)

As far as I know (I have not tried it), on rebuy you get the ship exactly as it was when it was destroyed, you just have to pay for the insurance of anything you added or modified.

Interesting, so basically with the Python MK 2 Stellar unmodified you get fully comprehensive insurance, whereas other ships with modified modules it's like third party fire 'an theft insurance! :D

Jack :)

That's what has me curious. With many modules you would want to fit already included in the Stellar pack there would only be material cost to engineer them. In theory therefore if you visit the Rebuy screen you only have to pay for the modules you actually change (not the ones that come with the Stellar pack that you modify by engineering).

That's what has me curious. With many modules you would want to fit already included in the Stellar pack there would only be material cost to engineer them. In theory therefore if you visit the Rebuy screen you only have to pay for the modules you actually change (not the ones that come with the Stellar pack that you modify by engineering).
I think that engineering a module increases its insurance cost, so I'm assuming if you engineer the stock module of a prebuilt ship, it will start costing more than 0 credits on rebuy. (Probably precisely that insurance increase when you engineer a regular module of the same type.)

If this is not the case, someone please correct me. I'm interested in knowing too.

I’m intrigued to see some builds for the new Python MkII …

I think it might make a good general purpose mission runner - excepting cargo - so good enough for light combat (Haz RES, massacre missions maybe even non-Elite assassin missions) whilst packing plus 16T of cargo and a 1A limpet for salvage alongside courier and scan missions of that’s all that is available.

Finish off with a 3A fuel scoop for emergencies (too slow for regular long distance scooping?) and a C2 FSD booster to get over 30LY range.

Last edited:
Engineering has no financial costs so shouldn’t affect the rebuy.
While I admit I haven't actually checked it, I'm still pretty certain that an engineered module makes the insurance cost higher than an unengineered one.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

While I admit I haven't actually checked it, I'm still pretty certain that an engineered module makes the insurance cost higher than an unengineered one.

Yes but the modules on the Stellar don’t cost anything so if you are right an x percent increase will bring the cost to nothing.

I will try and remember to swap an engineered module on some other ship to check.

I just checked by swapping out a G5 engineered Pacifier for an unengineered one and back again. It made no difference to the Insurance Cost shown on the Outfitting screen, or in the ship on the right panel 🏠 page.

🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom