Python Mk II & Updates To The Gamestore

I was buying a new LSD FSD and the game crashed on me as well. I plan to replace a module or two today and re engineer. But yes store and Fdev servers seem busy. Hopefully business is good for Frontier

ok this has me simultaneously laughing and dying on the inside :D
It is understandable, in part. This is the first new ship we've had in years, and it is very sleek.
Mine should now be on my FC, along with a barebones for experiments, so I'm looking forward to just being nutty for a bit!

can't say i have noticed any new ships in a haz rez. do pirates not get access to the updates? python mk 2 etc?

Are you emotionally damaged by a game?

I have a nice shiny ship, thanks, and it was carefully thought through, then grabbed with both hands.
I play for fun, how about you?
View attachment 392197
Emotionally damaged by a game? No. But I do think there are boundaries that games should not cross to avoid degeneracy and developing psychological problems in players. I, for one, believe that shooting people, even NPC's, should not be an entertainment. People who do this for real are psychopaths. Its no laughing matter. I have done my share of extermination missions of settlements killing technicians and researchers for suit, weapon materials and to access engineers, to become sick of it. I do not believe this is emotionally healthy and the sanity of human life should be upheld.

Last edited:
I'd love to buy the Python MK2 Stellar... but the ARX store just crashed. Then the in-game store also went down. Great job, Frontier.

I just purchased one a while ago, it worked fine for me then but experiences vary I suppose. For me the only reason to get it is because I will never actually get around to fitting out a combat ship, I have no combat engineers unlocked and no chance of doing so, things like prismatic shields, no chance, so if ever I decide to take part in some combat, I have at least a fitted out combat ship that I can always get back for free!

So we can... pay ARX for an early access to the Python?..... Beware Frontier, trust a CMDR with already more that 10k hours in your game: this is a VERY bad idea. The kind of idea that makes me, for the first time, consider quiting. I've always said I would leave if Elite becomes a pay-to-win, and this is clearly a start. You want us to pay? They give us something to pay for that dosen't affect the game, like, random choice, ship interiors. Most players would pay for that, and those who wouldn't would not have any disadvantage.

I think a majority of the community are Adult cmdrs, but a few stragglers are in their teens (I'm not, I'm in my Forties). Anyway, do you guys think the pay to win with ARX is gambling for kids? This crossed my mind and my Brother's mind with GTA V from buying shark cards.

I guess it’s gambling only in the sense that you buy the Arx and it’s a roll of the dice whether they will be worth anything in the store the next day or not 🤣

I don’t think that meets the official definition of gambling, no.

Buying Arx one day and having their value drop drastically the next day definitely seems wrong though… like some sort of bait and switch. There’s got to be some authority to complain to for something like that.

I think the dark side is consuming you... :D
Yes, I understand.
And I understand that the warehouse is a bad idea, less fuel for the jump? Well, we don't have to do it at all.

I'm just trying something, even if it's not the right thing to do, but that will probably give FD a boost to the right decision to support the Elite for a long time.

I understand that it is easier to criticize and express dissatisfaction, but I think that we need to all the community who believe in the Elite to come up with something optimal to help the developers !

So when you buy the pre-build python, you are stuck with the modules it comes with, none of the modules can be swapped out.
As posted in the news section, you can't swap out a prepurchased module with an existing one you have in storage, but this is an unintended bug and will be fixed.

As a temporary workaround you can purchase a new cheap module to replace the prepurchased one, and then swap that with the existing module you wanted.

Izayn me for translating, but I never get angry at interlocutors.
I am a technical person and I am interested in the technical side.

So as far as Mamba is concerned, the FDL is a warship, not a military ship.
Let me explain.
For example, there are many weapons, a hunting rifle or some exclusive custom-made pistol.
These weapons are not in the service of the military.

There are exclusive powerful racing cars but they don't participate in sports races.

I hope I've made myself clear.
You are quite clear indeed :D I feel much the same way about the FDL & Mamba, both from looks & from practical use cases.

mine is sat in my fc havnt got around to it yet,its not pay to win i had enough arx anyway,,cmdrs who havnt played long enough and want the ship put youre hands in youre pockets or not bother,no point moaning about it ,anyway you will still have to engineer it to get all the bits and bobs.end of the day its a python,good little ship.

As posted in the news section, you can't swap out a prepurchased module with an existing one you have in storage, but this is an unintended bug and will be fixed.

As a temporary workaround you can purchase a new cheap module to replace the prepurchased one, and then swap that with the existing module you wanted.
Or just buy new Python MK2 from a station without that pre-built b-s.
I bought standard one for ARX which appeared as pre-built one and I could not do anything with it, dumped it and bought "normal" one for 59M credits.

So when you buy the pre-build python, you are stuck with the modules it comes with, none of the modules can be swapped out.
It's a bug. If you buy a clean module, you can then replace it with one you've already engineered. They've noticed the problem so hopefully this will be fixed soon..

Just bought my standard P2. Having read the update notes during the update I'm a bit disturbed that the pre-built explorer has Guardian tech.

I don't see the problem - it can't be moved to another ship and you still have to do the unlock if you want to buy a FSD booster. They said they wanted to provide a ship ready for exploration - so that justifies it in my book. (No intention of buying one myself.)

Top Bottom