Rank the scenery Themes

So the new conservation set is the best in the game yet IMO, despite having a low piece count.

My ranking is (from best to okayest):

1. Conservation - extremely useable and realistic
2. Aquatic - extremely versatile
3. Europe - really great and very detailed
4. South america - you can't really build natural habitats without this one
5. Australia - has the best fences and roofs
6. North africa - lovely, and the plaster pieces are amazing
7. Arctic - I just don't get to use it a lot

For me all themes are so good and uniques for different zoo so i love all of them in special occasions but my tier list of the favorites to use is:

1.- Europe - i really love all the theme and was my first dlc when I started to play so it has a special place in my heart
2.- Artic - In fact this was my first dlc that I paid for it, because I love the cold zoos and this was so necessary for me, and I love that type of wood
3.- North africa - that plaster pieces are amazing for desert theme zoos, my second biome of the game
4.- Conservation - all the pieces help a lot for better zoos
5.- South America - fantastic the bamboo pieces
6.- Australia - I don't use too much but are so lovely
7.- Aquatic - I only use the faux rocks, personally i like the other themes than this but it's nice

I'll try to also include the base game themes (except the obvius Planet Zoo theme) cause this may make a nice comparison.

12. New World: Easily the least zoo-ish and most ridiculous looking set with a few metal pieces that are useful for making things like entrance gates.
11. Arctic: The wood pieces are amazing and some items quite versatile, but its otherwise not a great theme. Snow and ice walls weren't ne
10. Australia: Probably the least needed of all regional themes. The wood set is pretty but also pretty useless. The metal grid pieces are useful but not that pretty. The roof pieces are stunning. I love everything that looks weathered so these pieces save the pack for me. The small amount of aboriginal items is very nice to have as this is an often underrepresented culture.
9. Indian: This pack has some of the best non-grid pieces for building temples, as well as markets. What's putting it down for me is the fact that the sandstone pieces are not flexicolour. This makes them unable to use for me.
8. Conservation: I haven't played with it yet, but it seems like a great pack. The concrete texture is beautiful and backstage props are nice to have. The statues won't be that useful but the animal stickers/signs definitely will be!
7. North Africa: Genuinely an amazing theme with very versatile pieces. However, it's the only theme without a new construction set with grid pieces. The wood beams are phenomenal and the mosaic pieces too, although their reflection is too strong and they lack a 4x4 piece. The Egyptian statues were unnecessary.
6. East Asia: A pack with some great items. I don't think any of us could live without the support beams and some other non-grid pieces including the timber pieces. I also love the dry stone wall top, but the fact that I've been able to name all these items individually suggests that many others are less useful. The dry stone wall set was great until the better European stone walls came. I'm sure the pack would even drop lower if we had a proper Southeast Asian theme.
5. Aquatic: I used to love this, but don't use the grid pieces that often. Also the wooden plank set is a reskin of the base game one. The faux rocks are very very useful, but lack in variety. The fences, waterfalls and wallpapers are what saves it from falling outside of the top 5.
4. South America: The bamboo is amazing, the stone set disappointing (grid pieces are ugly and support beams are reskins of East Asia Theme), with the exception of the amazing rubble and broken ruin pieces. The palm thatch is a nice addition and the signs are overly themed which isn't great.
3. Classic: This pack was never that amazing, but a lot changed when limestone became flexicolour. Suddenly this was a versatile theme.
2. Europe: Despite having some of the most overly themed and useless items (a gondola, seriously?), the majority of pieces is very versatile. The decals have made zoos infinitely more realistic and that stone set is the best construction set by a long shot.
1. Africa: One of the best themes still with its mud walls and logs. In addition it has a lot of decorative items which look natural and can even be used for habitats. I may use items from other packs far more, but all in all this is one of the most perfect themes and perhaps the only one on which I don't have any criticism.

Ok, thats very hard for me, because all the themes have something I use but:

1. Aquatic - easily the most useful DLC theme for me, I use the faux rocks and trees all the time. The recolorable simple wooden walls are also top tier.
2. Conservation - yea, the backstage and gardening stuff is super useful. Havent build anything with it yet, but I imagine I will use those alot.
3. South America - I love the bamboo pieces, they are essential for building zoo. Some of the temple pieces are also often used by me. I also use the basic recolourable wooden pillars and some of the rope pieces.
4. Europe - Mostly for the amazing rock wall set.
5. North Africa - This theme is probably themed too much for me, but it has amazing plaster set that I use alot.
6. Arctic - Cant say I use the Christmas stuff, but the greyish wooden set is amazing for a worn off look of some wooden buildings.
7. Australia - It is funny I place this at the bottom, because I find the theme so beautiful and love the pieces created by the real aboriginal artist that Frontier worked with, but I did not have many chances to build with it. Maybe once I will build Australian Zoo I would place this higher.

Now if we included base game themes, I would certainly place New World theme at first, modern looking, but basic zoo theme that I build most of my zoos with.

1. Aquatic. Most versatile so far, I think.
2. Conservation. Haven't explored all of it yet but I like what I see.
3. Europe. Many useful little pieces.
4. Arctic. I use the wood pieces literally all the time. They're fantastic for 'low budget' buildings.
5. Australia. Perfect for what it is, and it contains some really versatile bits, but it loses points because the kangaroo on the corrugated iron awning isn't recolourable and therefore can't be hidden.
6. South America. I really don't get a ton of use out of this theme, except for the murals really.
7. North Africa. Big fat 'meh' from me. Even a lot of the new plaster pieces aren't especially dynamic.

1. Conservation
2. Europe
3. Arctic
4. South America
5. North Africa
6. Australia
7. Aquatic

I am pretty alone in that I almost never use faux rocks and aquatic scenery pieces 😅

The Scenery Themes in this Game are honestly pretty great, and even though i propaply will have pretty much most of the same opinions as The Yeti, lets give it a shot!

12. New World: This Theme is just weird. It has many nice individual pieces, especally metall ones, aswell as my favourite lights, bins and benches, but it also just doesnt really have a real coherent theme? It has a modern arts feel, which is cool to have, but the fact that i used mostly just the simple "not artsy" pieces pretty much says it all. I get the idear behind the pack and im glad that we have it, even though its really not that usefull. But thx for the long metall plate with holes, great for implied metall gates.

11. India: In theory, it has many nice pieces, until you notice that just about half of them are flexicolor. Such a shame, such a good theme other wise. But all the market items are great, eventhough the fruits and co lost a bit of their marvel now that we got more with the conservation pack. Still good though.

10. Aquatic: I dont like this theme. I dont use this theme. I dont like the very specific wallpapers, allmost never use the wall pieces and the only pieces i regulary use are the Faux Rocks, Roof and the Metallbeam of the Fence. Dont get me wrong, those are great pieces but i feel like all none Faux rock pieces in this pack get overshadowed by other ones. Nice statues and signs though.

9. Australia: Australia is good at what it does, has one of the best roof sets in the game and i love all those whiterd looking pieces. It also has a lot of hidden surprises, for example i love the Australian Log pieces, it has the best sign to write one because its the smallest and fits into many designs or even the allmost essential cork pieces for back stage areas. But in general i dont use its pieces very often, its a shame but thats how it is.

8. Conservation: Ngl, Conservation is a game changer for back stage areas, but not much else. Mind you, being excellent at one thing is great and it has pretty much no bad pieces, but all of them are in quite the limited scope. I also dont take the plants into the consideration, but the flowers alone boosted the pack much higher in general imo.
But still, backstage props are cool and its something most of us wished for, me included so im happy its here, just not among the top.

7. South America: Just like Australia, South America has some great pieces, among the best in the game imo, those being the Bamboo pieces. Literal game changers and super super versatile. Great for decorations, Fences or just randomly laying somewhere. The Temple pieces are also nice, but i have to say i really dont like the grid pieces of this pack. The bamboo pieces just do not look that good and the ruin pieces while nice only have very limited specific use. Still, a good theme with good stuff.

6. East Asia: This theme has it upsides and it downsides, most notably its the one theme in the game that feels like it was cut short. Its pieces are pretty good, i especally love the statues and prop type pieces like the bucket, baskets and cart, aswell as both the wood set and the dry stone wall set, but it really feels like it could be greatly extended. It feels like a baseline for more, something that makes me still long for an South East Asian set or just a general extention like the north africa theme was.
But it cant be a bad theme when my main critic is that i want more, so it sits comfortably in the middle.

5. Arctic: It might look inflated so high up here, but it cant be understated how usefull its wood set is. Its present in allmost any of my builds, i love the wall set and the wood beams are among my favorite pieces in the game. Its propaply my second most used pack and i dont touch any of the ice or christmas pieces, besides the fairy lights that make for great looking cables. But yeah, i unironically think that that woodset is the best set of building pieces in the game and i would have paid the 10 bucks just for them.
Who needs an oversized white teddybear anyways, wood is where its at.

4. North Africa: I havent used it a lot, but i just love what it brought to the game. While its not that usefull for my zoos in temperate europe, it pulls 10 times it weights for anything in the mediterania from spain to africa over italy to turkey. One building set made it so much easier to build for so many different culturesat once and is an extension to a base game set with a lot of versatile and great pieces, i just see nothing wrong with this theme.I honestly just love that this pack is in the game for everybody wanting to build in that region or even lives there, its just a lovely thing to have. Im glad that its in the game without me even touching it that much, which is a statement in itself.

3. Classic: Its the classic pack, what shall i say? If you want to build older looking buildings in your zoos, this is your best friend and helper. The fact that its now flexicolor only helps with that. I also find the lime stone pieces to be amongst the visually most pleasing stone set in the game, making it my second most used one for actual walls just behind the concrete and painted brick set. Its simply one of my favorite packs to build with and i just like it. Good pack with very easy applications. Also all its glass pieces are just insane. Holy cow, i cant describe my love for the glass grid set in this one, super usefull and my second favorite roof set after australia, great for tropical houses, butterfly houses, green houses and even faux exhibits and great looking glass walls. Just the combination of the lime stone and glass sets would make this a great middle of the pack theme, but the fact that everything else also is so solid catapults it up into my top 3.

2. Europe: Holy Cow, so many amazing pieces. Just so, so many amazing pieces. Small pieces, big pieces, wood pieces, stone pieces, metall pieces, props, non props, the best rock set to build fences and just so much more. Eventhough it has some meh pieces, it doesnt matter because of the sheer quantity it has, with most of them also having a great quality. I havent played around with it that much so far, but i turned fairy lights into barbed wire, used the stones as the base for over half of the fences in my park, abused the living hell of all the small metall pieces and cant wait to try out even more things. This theme just shows what makes building fun in this game and i really wish every future theme will be more like it. And i havent even mentioned decals yet. Awesome theme.

1. Africa: This is my most used theme with the arctic and classic pack by far and with good reason. I build a themed african area once, where it was great but the real show stopper are all the amazing ways to use its pieces for fences. If you want to get into building custom fences, heres my tipp. Make a base of either wood or stone and combine it with pieces from this pack and mesh and it will be great. I used these pieces in so many weird and fun ways, i build ingame statues using it, made climbing frames from the more natural looking wood pieces, made countless fences and even the themed props of this theme are really good for its theme. I simply have no criticism, its among my most used pack and just like europe a ton of fun finding unconventional ways to use its pieces. Its just great.

1. conservation dlc - Even though we did not get full pieces in my opinion this is the dlc with the most useful pieces we have received so far mostly for someone like me who likes to build realistic
  2. Europe dlc- Same thing as conservation we got pieces like the rock wall set we got
  3. Aquatic dlc - I use the wood wall freaking a lot and it's fun to use murals too
  4. Africa dlc - There are definitely pieces as useful in this dlc like all the plasters we got
  5. Australia dlc - The scenery in australia is as good as wood planks or any of the metals we got
  6. south america dlc - I love temple rocks and bamboo so much
  7. Arctic pack - I love the wood we got
It's just me or did i notice it came out in order almost all the dlcs we got? but i definitely think frontier is getting better and better every dlc it's so much fun to watch it 💚

7. South America
6. Conservation - It's almost like two separate themes. I love the backstage props but the actual building theme is, IMO, not that great.
5. North Africa
4. Aquatic
3. Europe
2. Australia
1. Arctic - I know not popular for a lot, but for me, but this is the thing that saves the overall pack from being very low ranked. When I say I love this theme it's not exaggeration. Probably my most used DLC theme.

1. Arctic - I know not popular for a lot, but for me, but this is the thing that saves the overall pack from being very low ranked. When I say I love this theme it's not exaggeration. Probably my most used DLC theme
I also use a lot the Arctic wood set. It was one of my used ones until we got the European stone wall.

1.- Conservation.
Contains a plethora of badly needed elements (backstage) which can’t be recreated in any other way. Great plants no theme park stuff that is just a waste of space.

2.- Australia
Corrugated metal walls and roofs are perfect for low budget, realistic BOH areas, great worn wooden pieces and higher budget wooden wall set, rusted metal looks fantastic, great plants. Not themeparky.

3.- Aquatic
Great plants and the faux rocks are good too (although we NEED a panel to go with the set). Stained wood is the best wooden wall by a mile. Not themeparky.

4.- North Africa
Plaster and the plants are great, the painted wood’s great too. Too much Egyptian themeparky stuff.

5.- Europe
Some great elements but the build pieces are waaaay to urban for a good zoo area (Amsterdam and Venice are not exactly known for their wildlife.

6.- South America
Much too themeparky. The bamboo pieces are great and so are the plants bit the temple stuff is pretty pointless.

7.- Arctic
Almost entirely pointless - there are a couple of wooden bits I use very occasionally but I’ve never used almost any of the Christmas stuff and never the ice stuff. The wall was ok until the stained wood came along and blew it out of the park. By far my least used build set in the game.

Top Bottom