Rewards for community goals McDonald Settlement

I'm beginning to wonder if BH hazn't hazzed our stuphz..!???

Such scurrilous, malicious, nefarious and accurate lies I'll have you know - muwahahahahahaaaaa! ;)

@Bottom Hat Is that a load of FSD's in your pockets or are you just worryingly happy to see us

I look like John Wayne with my saddlebags right now - only because I can't write what came to mind initially, about large sausages and so on...! ;)

I hope they're taking time to work on a way to allow experimentals on these FSDs - without any bugs or relogs.

I also hope they are NOT actively working on patching existing loopholes. If these FSDs won't be able to accept experimentals, it'll be a RIOT.

I hope they're taking time to work on a way to allow experimentals on these FSDs - without any bugs or relogs.

I also hope they are NOT actively working on patching existing loopholes. If these FSDs won't be able to accept experimentals, it'll be a RIOT.
yeah... more than 1 month in holidays without a proper communication.
Apparently they will fix all bugs in the game. :geek:

Must be a thankless job to try to construct new starports using just millions of tons of computer components, thermal cooling units and ceramic composites.
Yeah I've always found it lame how devs make unrealistic things in games, not just ED, but in general. Like how 2 wheels = 1 gun .. makes 0 sense.
If it was up to me to make the community events, I'd use some real math (which I'm not best at btw) to calculate how much stuff an actual starport would need. Like metals, plastic, some tech ..etc.
So it would be more realistic amount of different things that is needed, it would also eliminate the rush for certain material and make it more interesting and people would have to calculate and not just buy one thing.
So if you need 10 million tons of some plastic components and it reaches that 10 million, then demand would go down and with it, prices would drop too! So people couldn't just sit and load same thing from same place, but would have to find ways to get other stuff there too.

Furthermore, it would be nice to have it as realistic mission and not as trading. For example you wouldn't necessarily get paid for the materials, but you get paid a fixed rate for every delivery. So in other words, be a hired transporter. The more value items have, the more you get, but it would be small % (as in, the more value your cargo has, the more important it is and therefore transporter should get paid more for delivering high value cargo).

Absolutely, it better accept experimental or it will be more than a RIOT.

yeah... more than 1 month in holidays without a proper communication.
Apparently they will fix all bugs in the game. :geek:
How long are you playing this game? No, they won't... CMs and devs are separate teams. And FDev was always not good in communication.

Silence doesn't mean anything for the game. It's just the normal not-caring.

How long are you playing this game? No, they won't... CMs and devs are separate teams. And FDev was always not good in communication.

Silence doesn't mean anything for the game. It's just the normal not-caring.
1642634175578.png

I look it at this way, thousands of Cmdrs made the to 75%. Now somebody has to make a list of all the Cmdrs, count how many new FSDs are needed, put in an order to the factory. These need to be manufactured then sent to the engineers to be modified.

Obviously the materials needs to be gathered, we all know how long that takes. Then the engineer needs to modify each and every FSD until it is up to spec. That takes time too, sometime it is one roll, sometimes 10.

Sometimes the mats are not emough and some more needs to be gathered. Now once they are all modified, each one needs to packaged and then shipped to the pick-up point.

Once there, some poor guy has to unpack the load and place into storage the FSDs for each Cmdr that made it to the top 75%. Then send a message to each Cmdr that the FSDs are ready for pick-up. All of this takes time, just be patient, it is just the way it is, not everything happens instantly.

I think we have become spoiled with all the modern technology and instant world wide communication. Before email I used to write letters to my girlfriend, now my wife, and it took two to three weeks just to get delivered and the same before I received a return letter.

O7
It's computer code, not all that extra stuff.

Top Bottom