In-Development RGB Keyboard support for Elite

Just ran the base game with nothing else, still didn't work :(. Its strange because the keys are changing depending on what I am doing

Just ran the base game with nothing else, still didn't work :(. Its strange because the keys are changing depending on what I am doing

Different files are used to get the information. For cargo/hardpoints and other stuff the status.json is used. For jumps the Journal files are scanned. Maybe I will try to come up with some kind of debugging. It's hard to tell what is causing this without a way to reproduce. Maybe you have A TON of journal files or something?

I deleted a lot of old log files (over 400!!), but still no effect. In the saved game folder now is a few .JSON files - Cargo, Market, modulesinfo, outfitting, shipyard and status. There is one journal.log file from today and a journal .cache file also from today.

Ran elite again and still no hyperspace effect!

@Arthur Z. Just some feedback. Overall feel is great, the changes to the highlighted keys are very smooth and work really well. The countdown animation on the keyboard requires me to alt tab once the game is launched (no biggie). The Matrix hyperspace effect very rarely seems to trigger. Say one in fifteen times it fires.
Going to try deleting all the logs, bar the latest to see if this helps.
As for additions, the only one I can this of (bearing in mind I've only been doing delivery missions recently) is a throttle percent display and maybe a shield percent display on the keys (in a similar manner to the cpu percentage display that comes with the desktop aurora).

Just had a crash, I have screenshot the error as it wouldnt let me copy the text. Hope it is useful

Capture.JPG

...The countdown animation on the keyboard requires me to alt tab once the game is launched (no biggie)...
Are you running the latest build? The bug requiring you to "Alt+Tab" should be already patched a while ago. My first post contains the download link.

Just had a crash, I have screenshot the error as it wouldnt let me copy the text. Hope it is useful
Did you by any chance delete the status.json file?

May I ask what Logitech Keyboards will this work for as I have an older G213?

The G213 does not support "per key" lighting, so, unfortunately, it won't work. Supported devices are listed here https://github.com/antonpup/Aurora/wiki/Supported-Games-&-Devices

Last edited:
as far as I am aware I didn't delete the Status.json although cant be certain.
Will try the latest version again, although I am sure I downloaded it.

Hi Arthur,

first of all thank you for your work, it is extremely interesting! I have installed it (your 7.2.16 fork for Elite Dangerous) but I have some problems with it: light animations not working, keyboard plugin sometimes not starting, and so on.

What would be the best way to debug this issues? Are there some logs to check or attempts to do? I can provide you all the details of my hardware and software configuration if you need them, and I can do all the experiments you think useful. Thank you!

Thank you Arthur! Below the results of your comments:

You should start by installing the latest build from https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/h7cl4c1epm96bbt0/artifacts/Build/Aurora-v0.7.2+19.zip. I suggest you clear the previous install before you do.
Done. I had already downloaded it, but yesterday I deleted again the program folder and the <user>/AppData/Roaming/Aurora folder. Are there other folders to uninstall?
The zip you linked doesn't contain a true installer: I just unzipped it in a folder then launched Aurora.exe. Is it correct?

Regarding keyboard plugins not starting, most likely it's an Aurora problem. You should disable all other SDKs that you don't need inside Aurora settings.

Done. I have a Logitech G13, a Logitech mouse and a Razer Cynosa Chroma keyboard, Italian layout. I have disabled everything except for Razer (Logitech devices have no color cycling available).
What happens is the following:
  1. the Razer plugin seems to start regularly
  2. the keyboard takes the Elite Dangerous color schema correctly
  3. but then in game there are no animations
  4. when I switch again to Aurora, the plugin is stopped.

@ksabers there is some kind of bug in Aurora settings, which does not save your plugin preferences. In order for them to save, to this:

1) Disable/enable all needed plugins
2) Change your keyboard layout to a different one and then back (changing the layout forces the settings to save)

Top Bottom