Sell Cobra Mk IV?

My personal desire is for Frontier to unilaterally rescind any pre-order benefits or exclusives, restoring alpha and beta backers to the full rebuy and making all ships, including the Cobra Mk IV available in game, to anyone whose CMDR is able to otherwise acquire them.

They can do this because every other line of their EULA/ToS says, "we can do whatever we want and there is nothing you can do about it, neener neener neener". If they want to try to maintain a token veneer of keeping their 'promises' they could issue partial refunds.

Of course, I expect pretty much the opposite. Sooner or later they are going to monetize FOMO.

To get around the CM4 exclusivity:
Creating and offering a CM V which could be a changed CM 3, with more or less internal module slots or the sizes of said modules, etc. Not a CM 4, not a CM 3, but close enough to both. A variant, just like the Python 2

To get around the CM4 exclusivity:
Creating and offering a CM V which could be a changed CM 3, with more or less internal module slots or the sizes of said modules, etc. Not a CM 4, not a CM 3, but close enough to both. A variant, just like the Python 2
Accept its not about having a ship like the CM4. It doesn't matter how many times those of us with access tell those without that they really don't want it as it's really quite a bad ship they want it anyway because they can't have it. So a CM5 won't fix that fundamental problem even if the CM5 was a legendary craft that nothing could compete with.

Accept its not about having a ship like the CM4. It doesn't matter how many times those of us with access tell those without that they really don't want it as it's really quite a bad ship they want it anyway because they can't have it. So a CM5 won't fix that fundamental problem even if the CM5 was a legendary craft that nothing could compete with.
But, what if the CM5 was only available to those who don't own the CM4?

thinking.jpg

But, what if the CM5 was only available to those who don't own the CM4?
That would be perfect
Probably true. I would be happy with the CM 5 but good point, as others might not be.

What do you mean? They would simply cancel each other out.
No they wouldn't. Now you have two groups of people who can't access a thing they "need". So again, now you have two problems instead of one.

This is a literal example of "Two wrongs don't make a right."

As I see it the only solution to this problem is to simply unlock the CM4 for everyone. Yes, you would still have a small group that would get nasty over that but they would get over it—something tells me there aren't going to be any law suits etc, much bluster, no actual consequence.

If FDev can go from "The store will never be for anything but cosmetics" (paraphrasing) to hey here's "a ship to buy" then they can walk back the Cobra MK IV promise.

Sidenote:
Technically if FDev had chosen to sell the pre-builts and early access for $ on their website instead of ARX they could have technically kept their promise...silly FDev.

Last edited:
no actual consequence.

Ah that's an expression of no actual consequences I haven't heard before, let's hope they never have a sale of actual stuff they can just change at a whim before it's delivered regardless of what was promised to players, like, you know, pre-engineered ships.

I do understand why Fdev won't renage on the exclusivity of the CiV, but I'd doubt that many owners actually care if they do or they don't.

I have the CiV and could care less. Ymmv.

I am unsure how restircting access to ANY extra ships is of value to the game. I personally think EVERY ship should be available to all players. Seems kinda logical.

I am unsure how restircting access to ANY extra ships is of value to the game. I personally think EVERY ship should be available to all players. Seems kinda logical.

Many ships are restricted in game, I don't have access to a number of ships in game, in game mechanics restrict me from buying those ships, are you saying I should also get access to ships I currently don't have? The same applies, whether it is an in game or out of game restriction, players do not in fact have unhindered access to all ships.

Many ships are restricted in game, I don't have access to a number of ships in game, in game mechanics restrict me from buying those ships, are you saying I should also get access to ships I currently don't have? The same applies, whether it is an in game or out of game restriction, players do not in fact have unhindered access to all ships.
Ok.

Last edited:
Top Bottom