Sell Cobra Mk IV?

I didnt care much before Odyssey. I did but not very much.
However, Odyssey managed to make small ships important again - and the CM4 is the small pad Python.
I rather have the speed of the Mk3 any day. Though, if I'm running odyssey I prefere the Eagle anyway...because it's prettier.

Nah, it's the V4. Stupidly small footprint for such a good ship.

Nah, C4 has more fire power (1 extra small hardpoint) and one extra internal at the same time offering more internal space and more flexible (no military slots). C4 can afford some cargo space, but if V4 wants cargo space it need to lose some shields or some hull.
While the Viper mk4 faster and jumps a little bit farther
C4 vs V4 - or at least how i would build them as Odyssey mission runners (basically ground attack ships) - i've put a fuel scoop in C4, but it can take cargo or more shields or more hull, which makes it better than the Viper.

Also, more important than the foot print - C4 is 2 seated, V4 is single seated.

I rather have the speed of the Mk3 any day. Though, if I'm running odyssey I prefere the Eagle anyway...because it's prettier.

Speed is sort of irrelevant - at least in pve - as long you can get 450m/s speed.
Sure, in open it may save you a rebury, but still, in open any ship should be built to survive the time needed to high wake.

Speed is sort of irrelevant - at least in pve - as long you can get 450m/s speed.
Sure, in open it may save you a rebury, but still, in open any ship should be built to survive the time needed to high wake.
Irrelevant...If you don't care about the ship being fun to fly.

I read that as “when pre-ordering, only players who were active in the first year will gain access to the Cobra MkIV and they’ll have access to it forever“

NOT

The Cobra MkIV will forever only be available to those who played in the first year.

Then how do you read this? (taken and enlarged, from the OP material you read)

cobra iv exclusivity - pre Feb 2016 - Copy.png

or this?

c4.png

Last edited:
Then how do you read this? (taken and enlarged, from the OP material you read)...
Yup. Whatever the rights or wrongs, I recall FDev being quite clear that the CiV was a one-time only product. Much like the DBOBE-Bobblehead (which I snapped up).

I do appreciate the desire of those CMDRs who have joined latterly to get, or at least try, all the ships. It's just that I very much doubt that FDev will renege on their words.

I've had fun bumbling around in my CiV ("Oh-oh!"), and for me it works best when I think of it as a mini-Python. It just doesn't get out of storage often!

o3IGHtX.jpg

Personally, Even though I got the Cobra MKIV as part of the LEP, I've got no trouble if they make it available to others with the Ship Packs. There's nothing to stop them to create the Cobra MK V which would essentially be the same.

To be honest, ask yourself if your THAT petty that you'd deny the first 'Pay To Lose' ship experience ?

Personally, Even though I got the Cobra MKIV as part of the LEP,
No LEP or Cobra MKIV.
I've got no trouble if they make it available to others with the Ship Packs.
I do have some trouble with this.
There's nothing to stop them to create the Cobra MK V which would essentially be the same.
This I would be less troubled by.
To be honest, ask yourself if you’re THAT petty that you'd deny the first 'Pay To Lose' ship experience ?
I probably am but would try to spin it as something more positive.

Since you're planning to sell early access to the new Python Mk II and other pre-built ships, I figured it was worth bring up the Cobra Mk IV. The Cobra Mk IV was an exclusive reward for people who supported the Horizons release. To this day it remains an exclusive perk for those pilots. However, it's bothers some folks that they can't get it now, even though the ship is arguably a side-grade (at best) of the Cobra Mk III.

The Cobra Mk IV was meant be a reward for supporting the game. I have access to it but the exclusivity doesn't mean much to me. As an individual pilot, I would like to see Elite Dangerous continue to flourish and I would not mind if Frontier sold access to this ship in exchange for ARX. It would even be an extension of the ship's original purpose, to show support for Elite.

Nnnnnnnope!

Has been asked several times. It is an exclusive ship and it shall be exclusive. Forever!

COBRA MK5 LES GO

I own the mk4 Cobra and can say that it is a terrible ship. It's slower than a Python while being half its size and handles worse as well. The only thing it has going for it is the ability to land on small landing pads. I doubt anybody out there uses it for anything other than novelty and some extremely niche use cases that require small pads.

I own the mk4 Cobra and can say that it is a terrible ship. It's slower than a Python while being half its size and handles worse as well. The only thing it has going for it is the ability to land on small landing pads. I doubt anybody out there uses it for anything other than novelty and some extremely niche use cases that require small pads.
The problem is that many of the ones wanting it to be released don’t care about it as a ship but because it is denied to them.

That just sounds like more of an excuse to use it to me. I enjoy finding uses for the underdog ships.

I'm actually using mine for material gathering.

Top Bottom