Patch Notes Update Server Side Update 10/10/14

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
My "Basic Discovery Scanner" just went berserk.

I scanned a new system, got 4-5 new bodies announced in blue... but they didn't appear in my nav list.

I then flew near one planet, and got spammed with endless "1 astronomical body discovered" messages... unending. Without it appearing as a labelled body.

A bit wacko right now! :)

Had the same thing happen when 2.05 first rolled out, guess it hasn't been fixed yet.

One related issue, scanning an unknown planet still returns "unknown" after the scanner does it's thingy. Tried it couple of times in different systems. Some planets get discovered and named properly, one or two never gets past "unknown."

Blimey, trading is further nerfed? Seems like the big ships are turning into a bit of a white elephant.....

G

I took it to mean that if you have a huge cargo load of one commodity which exceeds the demand of the station, the station will still buy em all but at reduced rates. Makes sense.

Just went back home, tried a ew things:

-Downgrading ships work, sort of. It crashed my client but the exchange was done when I went back in.
-Servers are hammered, whether missions or upgrading or globally everything menu related takes ages.
-Modules are bugged again, I'm getting the "can't complete transaction" with my new ship.

Blimey, trading is further nerfed? Seems like the big ships are turning into a bit of a white elephant.....

G

How are they being nerfed?

Selling a greater inventory than there is demand will always be less profitable than the other way around. If anything, this makes the trade game a lot more realistic and increase the planning need of the commander.

If anything, I'd say that the previous model was overly simplistic.

Yeah even in solo play Uni cart wont load and BB takes ages or comes up with cannot get data or something . . ah well, two steps forwards and three back.

hchalkley

Senior Programmer
Frontier
Damn, no mention of crashing out of the game when trying to access the bulletin board.

This might be an MTU issue: in Beta2, when the game connects to the server, we check to see the biggest packet we can successfully send, but it turns out that in some cases the route back from the server to the game has a smaller maximum packet size.

Bulletin board results are the main case where the server has a large chunk of data to send back to the client.

I have already rewritten this MtuDiscovery code to be bidirectional for Beta3, but in the meantime, try inserting a setting such as mtu="1400" in your appconfig.xml file to see if that helps. (This should go in with the other settings in the <Network ... > section)

This might be an MTU issue: in Beta2, when the game connects to the server, we check to see the biggest packet we can successfully send, but it turns out that in some cases the route back from the server to the game has a smaller maximum packet size.

Bulletin board results are the main case where the server has a large chunk of data to send back to the client.

I have already rewritten this MtuDiscovery code to be bidirectional for Beta3, but in the meantime, try inserting a setting such as mtu="1400" in your appconfig.xml file to see if that helps. (This should go in with the other settings in the <Network ... > section)

Wow, thanks for the info and tricks. I have not got a chance to play yet, but have anybody try selling your Exploration data yet?

last night I got blown up after a fight against 3 ships, but got stuck in the Insurance window. I finally just killed the game and re-start the client. Here is the scenario:

Bank account: 80K
Insurance cost = 70k ==> Balance on respawn around 10K.

Turn out that the first insurance dialog went through, but the client insists on waiting for an answer from the server, so when I enter the screen, I got this:

Bank account: 10K
Insurance cost = 70K ==> A loan of 60K + 1K = 61K

Of course, the server would not accept that, and I got stuck in the Dialog menu. I finally just killed the client, and restart the game, and found out that I was still in the Cobra with a 10K balance!!!! Turns out that the first respawn never went through (or I would respawn at the last station, instead of at the combat scene in space).

Looks like the server-client communication needs to be looked at, although I don't want to get my ship blown up one more time to test it out!!!! :)

Last edited:
How are they being nerfed?

Selling a greater inventory than there is demand will always be less profitable than the other way around. If anything, this makes the trade game a lot more realistic and increase the planning need of the commander.

If anything, I'd say that the previous model was overly simplistic.

If that's the case then no problem, but that isn't what the changelog says.... :rolleyes:

G

No missions in Bulletin board.

I have raised a ticket for an issue with the bulletin board, no missions at all are listed after visits to 3 different ports. Ah well back to the markets.

Seems to be fixed. But no use as cartographic server still unavailable. Until that is fixed if you have any accident you lose all survey data. So I will have to wait until thats fixed

I did just get a CTD hyperspacing out of one of the WREDGUIA systems (ticketed). Luckily, it let me out on the second attempt.

I hope the bank has plenty of cash in reserve for when the cartographic server comes back!

1. There is no appconfig.xml file for me, only AppNetCfg.xml and in there is no <Network section at all. In it is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<AppNetCfg ip="ip in here" upnp="true" router="8" />

My Router FritzBox 7390 is up-to-date and sets the mtu allways automaticly to the highest possible MTU (max is 1492). MTU Test showing no losses.

2. I tried everything in my Firewall (disabled, setting rules etc etc), closed my Antivir, made changes to my Router (from automatic to opend ports for ED, activated upnp, udp whatever you named it, disabled internal Firewall of the Router...

All is working fine with the automatic mode in my Router exept the BB, all is working fine with setted rules for ED, exept the BB. I have no clue anymore.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom