Settlement Defence Plans

Wanted to gain some INF, so I took the bootleg liquor mission. And guess what. It's that dammed crashed skimmer with the data port that gives SDPs. Grrrrrr.

Steve.

It's a quiet Sunday morning. Showers with a bit of wind outside.

My bootleg liquor mission that I was farming SDPs at I never completed. So, with a couple of hours to spare I am back to pick up a few more before completing the mission. With 2 skimmers and 2 data ports, first SDP on the 7th attempt.
1670146854751.png

Last 10 attempts nothing. Had to leave and complete the mission.
TBH, the method you're going through must be the ONLY route to getting these - outside of RNG.

Once I'd 'obtained' my SDPs and Opinion Polls sometime around last August, I decided to still collect them to see how long it would take me 'naturally' (i.e. via standard ED Grind(TM) play) to obtain them.

The results aren't promising - not for SDPs, any how. Opinion Polls I've now nearly got 20.

SDPs?

NONE. Nada. Zilch. Nothing. Didly-squat. Zero. Sweet FA.

Good luck getting your final ones!

Hi Folks,

Been looking at various topics and youtube vids concerning trying to find Settlement Defence Plans and still stumped... Tried looking for Irregular Markers 2 scanning hundreds of planets in Anarchy, tried looking for missions where you need to download a settlement defence plan, tried looking for any missions where there is a material reward, even tried sneaking into Military bases to the security download port - no joy.

Does anyone please have a definitive method for finding these? Am totally stumped. Please help

Thanks!
I spent days looking for these and found 1. I was told to try looking for irregular markers threat 2 with a crashed skimmer on planets with an atmosphere(landable obviously) you're more likely to find Odyssey content there so I did that last night and after 5 hrs I found another 2, still not great but better than the previous days.

Hi Folks,

Been looking at various topics and youtube vids concerning trying to find Settlement Defence Plans and still stumped... Tried looking for Irregular Markers 2 scanning hundreds of planets in Anarchy, tried looking for missions where you need to download a settlement defence plan, tried looking for any missions where there is a material reward, even tried sneaking into Military bases to the security download port - no joy.

Does anyone please have a definitive method for finding these? Am totally stumped. Please help

Thanks!
The method in the picture worked for me. Load up on a few of the same type of mission (bootleg liquor) from the ship mission board not the on foot one. Credit goes to the person who posted it!

Attachments

• 146983E6-150B-4E2B-AAF9-97B80C530C58.jpeg
    146983E6-150B-4E2B-AAF9-97B80C530C58.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 68
The ship bootleg mission is the way to go to gathers SDPs. I have felt that this is a bit of an unsurmountable task and have advised ignore the engineer chain from Wellington on as headshot is the only mod that cannot be gotten from another Odyssey bubble engineer, find a pre-engineered weapon, or go to Colonia.

I only tried the bootleg liquor/crashed skimmer mission to see how hard/easy it would be to get SDPs. Once you get the right mission, particularly if there are no scavs, it is easy, just a little time consuming. Having two crashed skimmers makes it even easier.

One of the unrecognised advantages of this mission, is the duration for completion can be 6 days. This means that you can pop over to the site, have a few attempts and move off to something else before boredom sets in.

Of course, the really good news is that they are only needed for the unlock. After that, gather them as you find them and pass on to others.

Steve

Last edited:
I spent days looking for these and found 1. I was told to try looking for irregular markers threat 2 with a crashed skimmer on planets with an atmosphere(landable obviously) you're more likely to find Odyssey content there so I did that last night and after 5 hrs I found another 2, still not great but better than the previous days.
The skimmer can be found in IR 1, 2 or 3. No way to know except to check.

I don't think it's that hard to do, but you do have to relog. There's a thread somewhere that I can't find where I said I'd sell 15 to someone that was complaining about how hard it was when I found them and I sold them the next day or so. So, it can be done in a day but it's not great gameplay.

Fun fact: last time I tried IRs were not generating scavs so the relog was even easier. Not sure if this changed with the last update.

Going to try this method now. You guys check all IRs at every planet in that system that has a threat or only that which pops up as the mission IR?

Going to try this method now. You guys check all IRs at every planet in that system that has a threat or only that which pops up as the mission IR?
I just looked for the missions on the ship board. Do the mission and if it is not the right type, complete and loot everything that you can whilst there. Eventually you will find the right PoI. When you do, DO NOT take the mission item or you will have to look for another suitable mission. Remember to check the mission lemgth.

Steve

Alright thx guys, I'm doing it with the bootleg liquor mission. First one wasn't the right POI, having 2 more missions now. Crossing fingers to find a POI with the crashed skimmer or 2 :)

Jackpot, 2 crashed skimmers and SRV, both dataports reachable, no scavangers.
Found the first SDP after some relogs!

It was a minor wreckage instead of IR, from a bootleg liquor mission.

Do you guys collect the stuff from the SRV as well? not sure if I need those...
Edit: Done :) This method works good!

Last edited:
Jackpot, 2 crashed skimmers and SRV, both dataports reachable, no scavangers.
Found the first SDP after some relogs!

It was a minor wreckage instead of IR, from a bootleg liquor mission.

Do you guys collect the stuff from the SRV as well? not sure if I need those...
Edit: Done :) This method works good!
Does system Government/state matter because I've been taking those bootleg liquor missions for the last two nights and haven't come across one with any crashed skimmers.

Last edited:
Does system Government/state matter because I've been taking those bootleg liquor missions for the last two nights and haven't come across one with any crashed skimmers.
Not sure - I tried missions from two different Military Democracy systems - took 8 missions before the double skimmer one came along - then just farmed away.. 7 relogs for 1st, 7 for 2nd, 8 for third, then they seemed to appear every 2 or 3 relogs.

Not sure - I tried missions from two different Military Democracy systems - took 8 missions before the double skimmer one came along - then just farmed away.. 7 relogs for 1st, 7 for 2nd, 8 for third, then they seemed to appear every 2 or 3 relogs.
I'll give Military systems a go, see if that brings me any different luck. Thanks

Top Bottom