Sidechat

Yeah - I find them very relatable 😂

Are there gray foxes in Texas?
Yes, but I have yet to see them. My cousin and brother saw one, though. But then my cousin and I saw that cross fox I mentioned (he lives up there, so he sees a lot of wildlife. But so far the only thing he's seen that I haven't is the gray fox)

I mean, I've seen beavers, gators, nutrias, snakes, raccoons, coyotes, and wild boars

Apparently there are puma sightings, now, and black bears have been spotted, but I haven't seen them

Definitely, how lovely. Britain has a lot of rewilding to do. There has been a really successful reintroduction of beavers recently. And we are getting better at protecting parts of the sea around us and cleaning up our rivers. Still got a long way to go, since we destroyed everything with industrialisation. There are seals not very far from me on the coast, and a family of them swam up the river and now seem to be living on it inland! Crazy. Wildlife finds a way, whenever it can.

We all know what this thread should be for
1701397798533.png

It was only a matter of time...

That... That was unnecessary.

They're basically the only iconic zoo animals that the general public knows about. Any kind of baboon will do.

Does the general public know about the GSNM? Probably not, unless in China. But that's a pretty specific range that a pretty small amount of the playerbase is from, so it probably wouldn't be as popular.

Does the general public know about the GSNM? Probably not, unless in China. But that's a pretty specific range that a pretty small amount of the playerbase is from, so it probably wouldn't be as popular.
Actually, you might be surprised. Mojang had a poll to choose an iconic Chinese species to add to Minecraft. Obviously the panda won, but the other options were the GSNM, the Chinese alligator, and I forget the 4th one

Actually, you might be surprised. Mojang had a poll to choose an iconic Chinese species to add to Minecraft. Obviously the panda won, but the other options were the GSNM, the Chinese alligator, and I forget the 4th one
oh yeah, I forgot about that. I wouldn't be super angry at it being in an animal pack (as long as we get at least 2 caprines and the Pallas' cat) but if we get it in a mountain scenery pack I would be dissapointed.

That's also Minecraft, the literal most popular video game in the world. Of course there are a lot of people that play it in China.

oh yeah, I forgot about that. I wouldn't be super angry at it being in an animal pack (as long as we get at least 2 caprines and the Pallas' cat) but if we get it in a mountain scenery pack I would be dissapointed.

That's also Minecraft, the literal most popular video game in the world. Of course there are a lot of people that play it in China.
I'd prefer another species, but I wouldn't be mad about the monkey, either. I kinda miss the semi-fantasy zoos of Zoo Tycoon days where I could have animals that either are rare in zoos or non-existent in zoos

Note that this was only for the Chinese version of MC that applies to their video game standards. The panda was just so iconic they decided to add it to the main game. If the GSNM won, I doubt they would've added it elsewhere.

Note that this was only for the Chinese version of MC that applies to their video game standards. The panda was just so iconic they decided to add it to the main game. If the GSNM won, I doubt they would've added it elsewhere.
True, however my point was that it's possibly more well known than we think. The same thing happened with the quokka, proboscis monkey, and even the binturong. These weird, funky animals seem to giant popularity all of a sudden and people know the name even if they don't know anything about the animal itself

@NachoB @Captain Callum @CharlieXGaming the debate is in full swing here 🐒⚡🐒

You'd be surprised @Orkan , the GSNM is more widely known and appreciated than you seem to believe. I'd say its pretty well known here among animal-ish people. Also its an important character in the Northern Lights series by Philip Pullman which is very popular here and has a film and tv show (all the main characters have animal-shaped daemons and the main baddy's daemon is a GSNM)...uh yeah, that does make it a baddy...buuut! It's notorious then I guess

Anyway "just in China" = bigger population than the US!

True, however my point was that it's possibly more well known than we think. The same thing happened with the quokka, proboscis monkey, and even the binturong. These weird, funky animals seem to giant popularity all of a sudden and people know the name even if they don't know anything about the animal itself
I have a binturong at one of my local zoos, are they really that uncommon?

I have a binturong at one of my local zoos, are they really that uncommon?
Less than 80 in eaza, I imagine it is less in the aza since I don't really see it mentioned in the majority of major zoos. Generally most of the southeast asia pack is full of uncommon animals, even the sun bear that seems to be a popular animal is not common at all.

I didn't know about Binturongs until I was in Vietnam and they had them at a wildlife rescue centre, they're amazing! Crazy fact - they smell like popcorn!! They had a really cool enclosure for them with a glass bridge you could walk under.

This was the organisation - they do amazing work if you are ever in a donating mood!

And here is Mr B the Binturong's story -
Source: https://youtu.be/-6EDqcQ22cU

I remember him 💗

Quick question guys, what font is used on the 'insert animal pack' logo? Im making a custom one
I don't know but I just use something that my app has that looks vaguely similar, very blocky with even sized lines in the characters, noone will care if its not identical and PZ are protective of their branding so best not to copy exactly anyway

Top Bottom