Sidechat

Seems we’ve both returned to the forums around the same time, huh? Something big must be coming…
Yeah the forum is getting a little more lively in the last couple days, which is nice since it was pretty dead for a while. DLC getting nearer so everyone gets drawn out of the underbrush again
I’m really gonna miss you all when support eventually ends and we all inevitably drift apart.

Forum friends! This digital zookeeper soon may not only be confined to the digital realm...
I somehow got an interview tomorrow for a summer internship at an AZA zoo with no animal experience! Wish me luck!
Good luck! What can start as no experience can quickly change!

All my animal experience is in the veterinary setting. I’ve always wanted to work/volunteer/intern at a zoo but never had the chance.

Good luck! What can start as no experience can quickly change!

All my animal experience is in the veterinary setting. I’ve always wanted to work/volunteer/intern at a zoo but never had the chance.
Wow, veterinary stuff! Y'all are doing the work, I could never!

I honestly wasn't even planning on interning this early as I'm in my first year of college. But that changed when I visited the San Diego Zoo last month. 😅 So, I applied to a ton on a whim, as I don't really have any commitments this summer and I'd just be working at my current job, which isn't relevant to the zoological field. It just seems like a good opportunity to get experience and spend the summer obsessing over hoofstock IRL instead of through a screen. 😂

Forum friends! This digital zookeeper soon may not only be confined to the digital realm...
I somehow got an interview tomorrow for a summer internship at an AZA zoo with no animal experience! Wish me luck!
Well best of luck!
I wanted to be a zookeeper aswell, unfortunately where i am the only way to become one is to do an apprenticeship, but the slots for those are rare and the competition for those is huge.
So, didnt work out... well now i got my own zoo hat home, so nvm 😄

Oh wow! That’s awesome! Best wishes!
I come from a long line of animal lovers. My mom was a marine mammal trainer at the NEAQ and a vet. My aunt kept a whole variety of pets, such as cockroaches and hermit crabs. My grandfather had a farm as well. I’ve never been able to get into the field myself, the nearest facilities are minimum and hour away from me.

Top Bottom