Sidechat

Oh wow! That’s awesome! Best wishes!
I come from a long line of animal lovers. My mom was a marine mammal trainer at the NEAQ and a vet. My aunt kept a whole variety of pets, such as cockroaches and hermit crabs. My grandfather had a farm as well. I’ve never been able to get into the field myself, the nearest facilities are minimum and hour away from me.
Sorry I'm replying late but thank you! I fortunately have a flexible job and living situation at the moment. The closest internship that I could apply for is in Ohio and the futherest one away is in Kansas- I'm from Maine. Gonna to be a very stressful drive with my geckos!
So, how did the interview go?
I think it went well! I definitely rambled a bit, but it was really hard for me not to. It was with the zoos animal curator, so I was super excited to talk with her and I think it showed 😂😅

I found out I got another interview for another internship on Thursday. And this facility has one of my favorites- pygmy hippos!

Forum friends! This digital zookeeper soon may not only be confined to the digital realm...
I somehow got an interview tomorrow for a summer internship at an AZA zoo with no animal experience! Wish me luck!
As someone who’s currently having trouble with interviews and finding work, I wish you the best of luck! You’ll be great!

As someone who’s currently having trouble with interviews and finding work, I wish you the best of luck! You’ll be great!
Thank you! Best of luck to you as well!
I’m happy for you, especially when it comes to working with pygmy hippos! They’re the gummy bears of hippos!
I've never heard them described that way but that is truly the best description I've ever heard! I want to squeeze one, but I'd probably end up getting squished myself!

Thank you! Best of luck to you as well!

I've never heard them described that way but that is truly the best description I've ever heard! I want to squeeze one, but I'd probably end up getting squished myself!
I don’t know if you’d get squished. They’re not that big. By the way, Instagram keeps recommending me videos of baby pygmy hippos chewing on keepers’ legs, and I LOVE them! That’s how I got the gummy bear idea.

Sorry I'm replying late but thank you! I fortunately have a flexible job and living situation at the moment. The closest internship that I could apply for is in Ohio and the futherest one away is in Kansas- I'm from Maine. Gonna to be a very stressful drive with my geckos!

I think it went well! I definitely rambled a bit, but it was really hard for me not to. It was with the zoos animal curator, so I was super excited to talk with her and I think it showed 😂😅

I found out I got another interview for another internship on Thursday. And this facility has one of my favorites- pygmy hippos!
It was Franklin Park, wasn’t it 😁 That’s awesome! Congrats! I’m really rooting for you on this one!
I’m sure all the new applicants tend to blather on with the curator. Who wouldn’t? 🤣

@Orkan and @FlameWizard492

I feel like I can probably name-drop facilities here... 😂

My interview on Tuesday was with the Topeka Zoo and my one tomorrow is with the John Ball Zoo in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Funnily enough, today, I applied for a seasonal keeper position at Zoo New England. I don't know if it would be at Franklin Park or Stone, as they don't say in the job description. I've applied to multiple department internships at Cincinnati, which is my first choice! So many cool species, and I really want to see their new elephant exhibit.

@Orkan and @FlameWizard492

I feel like I can probably name-drop facilities here... 😂

My interview on Tuesday was with the Topeka Zoo and my one tomorrow is with the John Ball Zoo in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Funnily enough, today, I applied for a seasonal keeper position at Zoo New England. I don't know if it would be at Franklin Park or Stone, as they don't say in the job description. I've applied to multiple department internships at Cincinnati, which is my first choice! So many cool species, and I really want to see their new elephant exhibit.
Well, if you get the job in Cincinnati, be sure to keep the young children and gorillas on their best behavior!

Was that little joke in poor taste?

What's up my fellow planet zoo coinsures. now that I'm here I got a question, have you ever heard of who would win, there these kids' books about what if two animals thought, I used to read it as a kid and know, it's not good, look at Ultimate Ocean Rumble, a Walrus loses to a sand tiger shark, HOW!!! Clints Reptiles gives a good subnation of these books, at least the animal designs are nice.

What's up my fellow planet zoo coinsures. now that I'm here I got a question, have you ever heard of who would win, there these kids' books about what if two animals thought, I used to read it as a kid and know, it's not good, look at Ultimate Ocean Rumble, a Walrus loses to a sand tiger shark, HOW!!! Clints Reptiles gives a good subnation of these books, at least the animal designs are nice.
Never heard of it outside of Clints video.
I wish the shark the best of luck fighting that armored blob with 2 3 feet daggers on it tho

Hey everybody
Something I thought of making, a semi realistic map or brochure of my zoos. Has anyone ever done that or is there a page dedicated to this idea?
I did one some time ago, well i started atleast.
I went into PZ, flew all the way up and took some birds eye view screenshot of my zoo and put them into adobe illustrator. There i traced the habitats. buildings and so over and added some signage

Top Bottom