So many players will come back if ship interiors are implemented

I began playing this in 2020. I think I had horizons built in from the getgo but did not understand what it was. Played Elite and the pilot training a while. I think even Horizons was the default in the loader but I didn't know at the beginning, and didn't think that was something I had. "That must be some silly DLC, I hate that!". (But I wasn't aware of the update at the time, but I went through the update chain anyway naively).

It would impress me beyond measure if that pattern continued, -- say, they next rolled Odyssey into the base release, then work toward a next "DLC expansion" comes into sight. To me it seems like a healthy integration pattern that way.

So the way I figure, it could be adding exofaunilogical zoo stations and surface fauna, and new types of nonhuman signal sources.

BUT they could also roll us into a planet zoo update, to go galactic zoo, and you could simply choose to walk off of the zoo and go catch an apex to the pilot federation.
Given the difference in PEGI ratings I'm not sure rolling Ody into the base game is going to be an option.

Ship interiors was something I always wanted in Elite Dangerous. It's my understanding that the ship designs were actually created with internal layouts in mind and that FDEV promised ship interiors at one point.

I left Elite Dangerous for a while when it became apparent that they simply weren't going to give us ship interiors. I played other non-space games instead because there really wasn't anything out there that fit what I was looking for.

I was excited about Starfield, waited for it, and played that for a while, but currently it's just junk. I have high hopes for it though and likely will return in a year or so when Bethsoft irons out most of the bugs and the modding community fixes all the things I hate about the game. I'll be honest, I see Elite Dangerous as kind of a relic. Still fun, but a relic.

Which is a shame because FDEV had a head start on all the competition and the game has so much potential with a bit of balancing, more ships, fixed interface, etc.

Elite CMDR here (exploration), if it matters, who has unlocked pretty much everything in the Bubble (with the exception of some Guardian weapons). Approaching combat Elite and I've got all the ships unlocked.

Which is a shame because FDEV had a head start on all the competition and the game has so much potential with a bit of balancing, more ships, fixed interface, etc.
They still do. No other game lets us frolic in the milky way the same way.
Anyone talking about "potential for potential" immediately goes on my "not on the board" list.
-this is due to the fact that anyone wanting any game to be something else is not a fan of that game.
(and no, i am not saying suggestions are bad; on the contrary betterment is of course good and desirable)

Fdev is adamantly working within the current constraints to still improve the game, near on ten years later.

If people can not understand the passion and commitment that is required for that, it is on the person themselves.

Top Bottom